Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well we have a top of the line wr who went nuts from dealing with a horrendous OC. A very promising talented young slot WR. A top recieving TE, best center in the league, and for the most part an excellent offensive line minus one gaping error.

By no means are we the most talented offense in the league, but hell compare the talent we have on O to New England. Whose offense is more talented QBs aside

I think if you swapped all the players on our offense with new englands minus the qbs Brady would have even better numbers.

Still there are definitely teams whose talent I would prefer (Detriot comes to mind) but our O talent just needs a better qbing/coaching and they can certainly be top 10

2. lakersmetsjets49ers

peytons been perfectly durable up until this past season but that neck injury is a huge concern to me. if he could be had for dirt cheap then you make a play but if he's going to cost a ton i wouldn't do it.

to me you don't panic and make huge blockbuster moves when you really don't need to imo. also historically those type of moves don't pay off. and as much as i like peyton, his playoff track record is iffy. he's lost 4 home playoff games, 3 of them when his team had a first round bye, lost to an 8-8 team in the playoffs, and for as great of a regular season player as he's been, he regresses in the playoffs with the exception of the 2006 season which aside from the patriots afc title game that year was possibly the easiest super bowl run any team had. trent green, a past his prime steve mcnair, and rex grossman. hell they avoided the chargers since the patriots beat em and san diego was peyton and the colts kryptonite.

for as bad as 2011 was, the jets have some talent on the team. fix team chemistry, make smart well thought out off season moves that will improve the team even if they don't capture the headlines, and bring a jason campbell/ david garrard type guy in who who's capable of playing if sanchez falters and will either push sanchez to improve as he's going to have to look over his shoulder or will answer the question if sanchez if the answer next season one way or another.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

He is not coming here. So stop already. Plus, been there, done that on the old future HOFer dumped by his former team and hated it.

Let's move on to improving the team in areas where it is really needed - RT, S , OLB, WR.

4. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Agreed, I just hope he dosent wind up in Miami. Then we get smoked by him twice a year

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I still don't get why people just assume this. Under Rex Ryan so far the Jets are 1-1 vs Peyton, 3-4 vs Brady, 1-1 vs Big Ben, 2-0 vs Rivers, 0-1 vs Brees and 1-0 vs Favre. So, 8-7 vs guys most people would consider to be "elite" QBs and evenly split with Peyton in particular. You can argue about who to consider "elite" or not and whatever other factors that played into those games, but the point is, just because a team has a top level QB does not mean they automatically beat the Jets. Far from it.

Would the Fins be more dangerous if they got a healthy Peyton than having Moore behind center? Sure, of course they would. Does that mean the Jets would necessarily get smoked by them twice a year? Absolutely not.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We would probably split with the Dolphins if he went there. Weve split the last 2 years so it wouldnt make much of a difference.

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We must have an OT - First and Foremost. Otherwise it won't matter if we have Peyton, Johnny Unitas, Namath and Montana back there....

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

But if we have that many QBs back there we won't have enough room left for an OT.

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Ever since Rex took over, he is 2-4 against the Dolphins. A healthy Peyton would likely make that record even worse.

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

We have had a shitty record against them for the past 3 years for whatever reason. All I'm saying is if they do land Peyton I don't think they're automatically a lock to sweep us as some people seem to think.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

But their chances certainly improve over the likes of Chad Pennington and Chad Henne.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think this is true. Rex's defense punishes teams that want to pass a lot. That's how the Jets beat New England 3 times in 09 and 10 and how they beat SD in 09 in the playoffs and Indy in 10 in the playoffs.

The way you beat the Jets is to have a balanced attack that can pass some and run the ball when that's the thing to do. Look at who beat the Jets last season.

Ravens
    Raiders
    Patriots x 2
    Dolphins
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants

All of those teams can run the ball. A couple of them have high-flying passing offenses also but all of them can and did run the ball against the Jets.

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

The reason people think this is because we would have to win at a min 10 games each year and probably win 12 to get the AFC East. Its not about how the Jets do against them its also about the rest of the league. If he is healthy and looks like he is going to Miami and with Brady still playing at a high level. Plain and simple the Jets are in trouble, get ready for 3rd place.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

More like get ready for Rex and Tannenbaum to be on the hot seat and likely fired if that happened. 3rd place finishes are not going to cut it for the next 3-5 seasons.

Im still saying he will land in Arizona, it really fits him. Quiet town, in doors, NFC West, Fitzgerald. We will see though.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

2 weeks till Peytons cut.

16. TheNacho

TheNacho Bench Warmer

Are you serious?

Peyton, and his rubber neck, will set this team back years. I hope he goes to the Dolphins or the Cardinals to watch his career die.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Peytons brain is what we need, not his arm.

18. TheNacho

TheNacho Bench Warmer

Our cap situation can't afford Peyton's brain either. Let's just pray for a good draft and smart spending during FA.

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS. :manning: