17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Do you ever get tired???

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like this math better--------no psl or ZERO $$$$ per year over 30 years = ZERO ! People can sit in those exact same seats without paying a psl.
    But thats just me:wink:

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Not when it comes to telling Jets fans the true history of this bullshit.

Jets fans like us went 40 fucking years w/o a SB, only to get fucked over with this new "state of the art" stadium. Do you have a problem with me relating my experiences with that to everyone?

4. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaaa...... these people don't have a clue. Honestly, wait until we are 6-10 or 5-11. I know from decades of experience that the resale of these fucking things will be $.20 on a dollar. And I am totally serious on that.

Recouping the PSL + Ticket Price? Are you freaking kidding me? If the bottom drops out of 8-8 these guys are going to want to stick a gun in their mouths.

5. Section316

Section316 Active Member

I'm in a little different situation than you guys as last year was my first year as a STH. I benefitted from the thousands of people that left after the old place or year one in the new place. Im up in section 316 row 20, and I guess because I am younger the view up there doesn't bother me. I read all the players names fine, and I like watching plays develop from up high.

What bothers me is that seats in row 20 generally go for 50-75 on stubhub, so I am giving my rep the ultimatum that if I am not relocated either closer to the 50, or down at least 8 rows, I'm out. Even if I dont mind sitting up in row 20, there is no point in paying nearly double market value to sit up there. I'll simply pay the 60 bucks on stubhub, and for the real crappy games, I'll either pay even less, or move down into upper primes or lowers.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 and the rest---I have said it before---> there were years where I could not GIVE tickets away, I cannot imagine eating tickets with a psl attached ! That was one of the main reasons I did not purchase any,,,as 227 stated "we" know how bad things can get :wink:

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I can live with the view too. For me the problems are in the higher rows the walk up and down the stairs becomes a hassle and there aren't any regulars in that area. New people each week and tons of fights.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Exactly I have made friends with the workers bc I have no regulars around me

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

$0 Psl means higher FACE VALUE PRICE

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think the market is showing that its tough to get more than they are currently.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Guy # 1 buys 4 tix in the lower endzone-pays $125 for 8 games, spends $ 500 on EACH PRESEASON game ($1000 total) on top of it pays $ 2500 for each of those 4 seats for 10 grand more !

Guy # 2 buys 4 tix in the exact same section as guy # 1 . # 2 pays $ 10 over face for every ticket so he pays $ 40 more for 8 games = $ 320 --->oh did I mention he did not buy ANY preseason games ? Oh he did not buy any cockammammy psl either ?

which guy is getting the better deal ?

12. Section 227. Row 5

That's only half of it. People in your family get the flu, the weather forcast is for a blizzard this coming Sunday morning, your wife's sister has a Christening you have to go to, etc. All kinds of things pop up during the season and with paying in advance for every game (good opponents and bad) you are often left holding the bag. So factor in those losses. Believe me, I've been doing this for a very long time.

So not only do you have the cockamamie Preseasons, you have all this other shit which realistically narrows down MEANINGFUL and at the same time ATTENDABLE games to about 4-5 per season MAX.

So now add up the total cost PER GAME and find out what you are REALLY paying. In my case, my 4 tix are $5,004. If I get to 5 games with everyone in my party, it's a Grand per game, or $250 per seat, realistically. With a PSL, the damage is even worse.

Oh yeah, people will dispute my above math and try to justify it a million ways from Sunday, but it's all bullshit. I know from experience, believe me. The realistic way to look at it is the above scenario. And we are not even factoring in LOSING SEASONS yet. Seasons in which everybody in your family or even your friends are giving you 18 excuses why they have to cancel this Sunday (and you know the real reason... because we're 3-9 and who gives a damn)?

So factor that in (or don't factor it in if you believe in fairy tales and Rex Ryan that we're going to the POs every year), and you've got more than a Grand per game ($250 per seat).

Now go on StubHub and see what your $250 buys, and that's cherry-oicking and buying at the last minute and avoiding the Christenings and forcasted blizzards, etc. People still have stars in thier eyes about all this. Mostly the new people, I would say, who haven't experienced the above yet. It's been extremely painful fo have tickets left over on game day some years and you wind up throwing them in the garbage. I can't imagine how painful it will be if you have a PSL bill staring at you and worse, an obligation to HAVE TO PURCHASE EVERY GAME from here on out for the rest of your life!

I thank God every day that I made the right choice.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Now here is a new guy with a hell of a lot of common sense. He didn't paint himself into a corner. Compare this young man to the one who succumbed to Rex Ryan's Kick-Ass, Superbowl swan song and fell for the PSL trap:

PSL YOUNG MAN:
    1) Locked into his seats, never to move or get an upgrade, ever. He's done.
    2) Obligated to PSL payments until finished.
    3) Obligated to pay for every game + parking or lose whatever he paid so far on his PSL.
    4) Subject to unmerciful price increases without recourse B/C Woody knows he cannot walk.
    5) Unable to even talk to the Jets about reselling his PSL or moving... they don't want to hear it now.
    6) Lost all control over his Game-Day experience and financial affairs.

THIS YOUNG MAN:
    1) Can (and probably will) get an upgrade and move down.
    2) No PSL payments whatsoever.
    3) Not obligated to continue paying squat. Can walk away from his STs
    4) Not subject to brutal price increase B/C Woody knows he can walk.
    5) He can call the ticket office and they have to listen to him B/C they know he can walk.
    6) In complete control of his own destiny, financially as well as Game-Day Experience.

14. Section 227. Row 5

The workers are Giants fans.

15. Jerseyboyisback

It would be more than $10 bucks i would think more like $50

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You would be thinking wrong. Most of the games in '11, actually, were below face value a few days before the game for every section across the boards. Upper deck substantially under face

17. Section 227. Row 5

The fallacy, of course, with all the "PSL Sunshine Math " as I like to call it, is that most of what I've read is predicated on the PSL owner wanting to (and being able to) attend every single game and being able to effectively either use every game or be able to sell in time to avoid a loss. And of course, on winning seasons and constant PO appearances.

Such is not the case in a real-world season, never has been and never will be. As mentioned, there are always Christenings, Bar Mitzfahs, hospital visits, children's birthday parties, predictions of blizzards, unexpected deaths in the family, illness, or just plain, "I don't feel like going on Sunday night or Monday night or Thursday night or Christmas Eve." And then there's always, "Jesus, we're 3-9 and my friends are bailing and calling up at the last minute with cockamamie excuses."

But I do understand the PSLers need to justify. No one wants to ever admit they made a terrible decision with this stuff, at least not here, because there were ample warnings as far back as 3 years ago. Most were totally made aware of how seasons go... all the pitfalls... all the caveats and warnings were posted, including my own recanting of how Woody increased ticket prices 10% per year (doubling the tix in 7.5 years) and how, by purchasing a PSL, you are almost assured of the same treatment in future years.

But we won't even go into that part yet. That's yet to come. For now, there are no ticket price increases. So no one is concerning themselves with that issue at all. But that will not always be the case, and we'll revisit that issue when the porking starts and the PSLers start squealing like little piglets.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

When does the schedule get announced, I want to start booking my road trips for next season.

19. Jerseyboyisback

Well of course you want to get some money rather than nothing
    . I was in indy for superbowl dad a huge giants fans we had tix lower level and weeks before they were going for 3500-5000 each hours before game went for face value 900. Its how it works

20. Section 227. Row 5

I was told the same thing by a Giants fan who was there. Kinda weird, because I expected it to be the opposite, but he said ticket prices actually dropped right before the game.