17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't forget to duck when a low flying air craft flies over head!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This is the season they may really regret not charging PSLs in the UD. Many UDers STHers will probably opt out after last season depressing finish & with all indicators pointing strongly downward for 2012 they may decide to spend there money on other things then the NYJs :sad:

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it matter that in the previous 50 years giving up your seats was no big deal either?

Until the dawn of the PSL there was an obligation to provide seating that was worth the ticket price - as was the case throughout Jets history up until this stadium was built. Simple supply and demand rules like any other other product on the market. The PSL should not even be legal. Consumer affairs should sue on fans behalf.

Of course they're regretting not extending the PSL net over the entire stadium.

All this proves to me was how ignorant they were regarding the quality of the upper deck seating experience. This has blind-sided them. They paid VERY little attention to the upper deck seating experience, and what the value vs. price would be. They paid little to no attention of the escalator/elevator/stairs/ramps access. They were GIDDY over the PSL program and the dollars guaranteed to them with the suite revenue due to them, that they expected the upper deck seat fans as a given, as they were at Shea and Giants Stadium. No new amenities or niceties in this stadium. Higher seats with a higher price.

Prediction: They determine the better seating areas in this Upper Deck (First four rows, first 12 or so between the yard lines) and convert those to PSL seats after the Jets next good season. That way, they recoup some of the cash that's bleeding from the defectors and unsold poor seats. The reps know what areas we are all asking for, even demanding to be upgraded to. The Jets will try to extract that value - just wait and see.

I almost didn't write that here because I don't want to be the one to give them the idea, but I am so certain of it, it doesn't matter what I, or any of us write about it. In other instances I keep up the complaints with the hope that someone in the proper position notes our issues - and I believe that has happened.

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I think the biggest problem is that the seating capacity for the stadium is about 5-10K seats more than it should be. Most of the newer stadiums built by teams are intentionally smaller than Met Life.
    Gillette - 68K
    Lucas Oil - 63-70K
    Reliant Stadium - 71.5K

A small total capacity builds demand for the high dollar seats b/c fans must buy the "good" seats or stay home. In contrast, vast seating capacity such as available in LA's Memorial Coliseum (93K) drives down ticket prices.

5. grumpynyjetsfaninME

gillette dosent have any psl. kraft wanted it, but he listed to the fans.

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Yea but face value of tickets are same price if you factor in the jets tix with a psl prorated over 30 years

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

other than the monstrosity down in dallas. but i would say that giants fans would probably consider themselves more on par with dallas than new england, indi, pittsburgh or any of the other smaller market teams that can only draw 65 to 70k.

so basically we are a smaller market team in a big market who is the little brother to the giants... well if thats the case then we should have built our own damn stadium or moved.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just got the call they upgraded me and pats haters account to yellow parking pass. oh boy party is moving closer to the stadium. still dont want an upgrade bc of the price in ticket increase. if they gave me midfield 8th row or so that should be $95. but its not so i will stay in the last $95 section closest to the $105 section.

and i didnt give any payments yet either. do not pay yet. let them keep giving us stuff....

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yellow parking passes are like the small bit of food scrap you drop on the floor to your dog to get him to stop pestering you or embarrassing you in front of your guests.

Jets created them as a false way to appeal to 2010 PSL buyers, and now use them to "create" a thank you for the rest of us.

10. 17a_tailgater

yeah but it will add tailgating time b/c we wont have to break down early and walk from west bumblefuck.we get there 5 hours early and had to park in the wastelands.

like i said i still didnt pay.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

I won't be paying until after April 1st or maybe not at all.

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

The way this season ended was so disappointing, I haven't even had the energy to open the renewal envelope yet. 24 years being a STH so far, not sure what I'm going to do yet either...

13. 17a_tailgater

need to lower ticket prices!!!!!

between the 30-30 yard lines $95
    30-end zone sidelines $80
    end zones $70

ammenities are not upgraded from Giants Stadium
    access is not upgraded from Giants Stadium
    and distance from field is higher and further away

why should we be paying more than the $80 i paid on the 40 yard line of Giants stadium?

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I think it all depends on where you sit in the new Stadium. IMO the lower level in the new Stadium has been upgraded from Giants Stadium, however the upper deck has not.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm sure the Giants sat down with the Jets and determined that they had to have at least the capacity they had in Giants Stadium. After all, the Jets and Giants were always sold out there.

So the decision to have the same capacity (or actually a little more) was not the decision that got the Jets side into trouble. The decision to make it pancaked was a stupidly ridiculous one by both teams, but also the worst decision by the Jets was to assume they were going to be able to fill up this new monstosity at these nosebleed prices. THAT's where they went terribly wrong.

The market has been showing us every year that the Jets tickets are WAY overpriced in all sections. And this was evident during playoff-appearance years. Now that we didn't even smell the playoffs, the market is really going to dump on the Jets ticket prices big time, so anybody paying these nosebleed prices (+ Preseasons to boot) is going to get hit in the wallet like there's no tomorrow. Not a problem if you're not thinking resale andplan on attending every game including the increasingly worthless Preseason Games.

But it is a HUGE problem for the average Joe who buys the season and then perhaps has to bail on a few games here or there plus the Preseasons. He looks at his bill and divides it by the USEFUL games that he can attend and realizes he's paying the equivalent of hundreds and hundreds of dollars per ticket per game. A ridiculous excersize if you look on StubHub and figure out you can just go ahead and cherry-pick the ones you want, and even if you pay way over face, you're still way ahead of he game.

This is going to get very, very ugly this year. Very ugly, especially with UD sales. Embarrassingly ugly, I'm afraid, becasue Jets management still has not learned from all this yet. It's like they're tone deaf. No one is paying attention to the market, which is screaming at them saying, "Your prices on the Jets seats are WAY out of control. Do something to adjust them or you're going to be very, very embarrassed this year."

16. Section 227. Row 5

Take this concept and grade the seats out by Rows now. Take the above section prices and reduce Rows 5-11 by $10. Reduce Rows 12-18 by another $10 and reduce Rows 19-24 by yet another $10. Do something with parking too. Orange is shit anyway, so practically give it to them with an option to buy the better parking areas. At least they'll come to the games.

You'll fill the stadium. What's more, you increase the number of Jets fans out there because now Joe Spimoni can take his wife and 4 kids without breaking the bank. Now the kids become Jets fans because they get to go to some games and now all of a sudden, you're making more money selling more Jets hats, jerseys, coffee mugs, etc. to all the new Jets fans. Stadium revenue increases because you know the kids are going to want a hot dog or whatever even though they already ate in the parking lot. So it's a win-win for everyone, JEts included.

But OH NO.... charge them up the ass until they can't take it anymore. Now Joe Spimoni says "Fuck you" and gets his ticket invoice and tears it up and throws it away. And now he's pissed and the kids don't go to the games anymore. And they don't buy the shit they used to buy. And maybe a couple of them start rooting for the fucking Giants because at least they're winning, or the Packers, or Eagles or whatever the hell.

Woody is a stupid ass. You build a franchise by getting your fans involved and keeping them happy, not fucking them over. They'll take a couple of losing seasons ans still keep on going if they don't feel like they're getting fucked. But if they do feel that way financially and you start losing, they're going to say "Fuck You" every time. Ridiciulous.

17. Section 227. Row 5

The PSLs were sold to a newer crowd for the most part... a newer type of Jets fan. Oh, I'm not saying there weren't exceptions. Of course some old timers ponied up to the ridiculous pricing.

But I'm saying, for the most part, the old time loyal fan, the guy who paid his invoice every year like clockwork even though winning seasons were almost non-existant, those are the guys who opted for the UD and left the Lower decks to the "newer" Jets fan. And I'm going to say that many of the "newer" Jets fans were, shall we say, "bandwagon," Johnnie-Come-Lately, "I love Rex and the way he tells everybody we'll kick their ass" type of younger fan.

Trouble is, this is also a fickle fan. This is what they attracted. A 2nd-3rd generation inherited-money fan who signed up with Daddy's permission to write out a check from the family funds. And now he brags to all his Wall Street friends about how he "scored" 4 PSLs in the corner in Row 23 and how great the new stadium is and look at how Rex is telling everybody we're going to kcik their ass and we're actually going to the fucking SuperBowl and isn't this fucking great?

And now all of a sudden the bottom drops out of the season and Daddy reminds junior tht he agreed to make the PSL payments and "Oh BTW, the ticket invoice is here now too, so send them in a check from your college spending money tht I give you every month."

"But this is bullshit," the kid tells himself. "I signed on to a team that was going to the SB, not a fucking 8-8 team. And now my Giants friends on Wall Street are fucking laughing at me." And all of a sudden it comes unravelled nd he doesn't feel like he should be obligated with this "PSL Bullshit."

And the Old Timers are gone. So they're not around to pay the invoice as they had always done, religiously, year-after-year despite the record. They're gone to the Uppers and they've got they're own set of issues up there.

So the whole Woody-Ryan Ponzi Scheme unravels and get pretty ugly. Very ugly.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

You can have PSL or no PSL but a high face value ticket.

If you do the math of a PSL lets just say llez 2500 take the life of the stadium 30 years thats $83 a year. Everyone keeps making a big deal about PSL such rip off, Yes they do such but they arent that bad when you break it down. I have no issue with it cause I can sell my llez seats for a profit and cover the PSL, but I know the Uppers never sell for face unless a great game is going on.

Advice is I would bail and watch games on TV, buy a psl but they raised prices now or go through 3rd party, or deal with upper deck, It will never get better!

They wont lower prices in Upper Deck, and I could see them adding a 500-1000 PSL in the future.

19. 17a_tailgater

and it would be abandon ship then

20. Section 227. Row 5

It would be this first:

[​IMG]

THEN abandon ship.