Manning - where will he sign?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsUK, Feb 14, 2012.

?

Where will Peyton play next season?

1. Colts

4.7%
  2. Jets

8.5%
  3. Redskins

11.3%
  4. Texans

3.8%
  5. Cardinals

27.4%
  6. Miami

19.8%
  7. Somewhere else

12.3%
  8. He won't play next season (injured)

12.3%
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Interested to see where people think that Manning will be playing next year.

Personally, I think the Cards are going to jettison Kolb and make a play for Manning.

#1 JetsUK, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I think Redskins offer him a good opportunity to play for the title. Redskins were one game away from the division lead I believe and they did that with Grossman at the helm. And they can dash out cash if it comes to a bidding war or to make their offer more attractive. I highly doubt Jets have any chance of picking him up.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I think the Jets with some level of ease COULD pick him up, but wont.

4. Phear

Phear New Member

Texans, book it.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I took the Jets, but if he did go to Houston and is healthy, they could rival the 07 Patriots in dominance.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Texans wont get him but id be scared as hell if they did. Top running game, Top defense, Top passing game, Manning to Johnson holy shit. 19-0 goodbye.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Seattle Seahawks. Draft a receiver, resign Beast Mode. Then you have Peyton Manning throwing to Sidney Rice and *insert drafted receiver*

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Why would the Texans do it?

You people don't make any sense...

They were rolling before Schaub got injured...

9. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Out of all those teams. I'm hoping for the Redskins we won't have to deal with them. Then again would he go to the same division as Eli

#9 MenOverGod, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I said Redskins...not sure why, just a feeling more than anything.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

On the dotted line.

12. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I think it's the Redskins or Arizona. I just don't see Houston as a realistic landing spot for him when they already have Schaub tied into big money.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Texans have to be totally braindead to make that move. They have Schaub, who is one of the top 10 QBs in the league IMO. They have the best WR, plus a top 3 RB. They need to fix their D and have a few holes to fill when and if Mario leaves.

Now that we look at the Colts, one can say Manning was the best QB in the league all along considering how his 10+ win team only managed one (or two?) without him. He'll be an upgrade for about 30 teams in the league if healthy. Can upgrade doesn't mean teams WILL upgrade.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's going to go some place he'd be happy moving the family for a few years. He's not going to live in a hotel out of a suitcase like some pathetic hanger-on. That makes Arizona and maybe Miami the most likely landing spots.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If he leaves Indy he'll be totally out of his comfort zone, on top of recovering from a serious neck injury and trying to come back from a year out of the game. He played his whole career indoors, in the same offense, in surroundings that were totally set up for him. Not to take away from what he's accomplished, but I don't see him having the same results going somewhere else.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think it's unlikely he ends up with the Texans, but I don't think it's as ridiculous as some are making it out to be. Schaub is 30 and on the last year of his contract coming off what could be considered a career threatening injury himself. Their rookie QB played pretty damn well when forced into action last year.

Would it be crazy for them to pickup Manning and move Schaub for a draft pick or an impact player?

17. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I don't get why people think the Redskins are a realistic choice. Maybe for RG3 but why would Peyton and Eli want to hurt each others career and playoff chances. I could see him going to the NFC but not NFC East with Eli.

I think the 49ers would be his best chance at a Super Bowl. Any NFC west team besides the rams could use him but besides San Fran he's not winning anything.

I really like the fit in Tennessee even tho management denied interest.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think the Cardinals present the ideal situation for him if he's healthy enough to play.

19. Phear

Phear New Member

Fix their D? Lol they were one of the best D's in the league even after Williams went down. The Texans have been the little brother to the cowboys since they came in the league. They make more sense than a lot of teams who've been mentioned, including the Jets. The Texans would be able to get some value for schaub. I'm simply thinking outside the box.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Aaah...I still seem to be living in 2010. But I still don't think Texans will go after him.