Brandon Jacobs Interested in the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BakerMaker, Feb 13, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Greene very rarely breaks a big run. He was 61st in the league for longest rush in '11 and lower than 90th in '10. Once in a great while when the defense stacks the box he can break through and bowl over a safety, but he's not a guy that is going to rip off game changing runs very often.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he did it in the biggest of games for us as a rookie so he can break them, no one was breaking anything last year w/ the poor play of the OL but he wound up having a pretty damn good season all things considered.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The OL helps get the first chunk of yards. After that it's the back that's usually making the difference between a 10 yard run and a 50 yard run. That's nice that he had a couple of big runs in his career. He isn't a game breaker and doesn't break a long run very often at all.

Of course he CAN do it.

4. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

If you are speaking of the chargers game - well that hole was so big, Rex himself could have broke that one. He didn't get touched until he was already 10 yards up the field.

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene's Longest Runs:

2009: 33
    2010: 23
    2011: 31

He is absolutely not a guy who breaks big runs. He's had maybe a couple a season. I like the guy as a player but he is a 4-5 yd a carry, grind-it-out kind of runner. No question about it.

6. nyjunc

actually he broke a few tackles on that long SD run and the week before he broke one against Cincy, he had less resistance in that game but he broke the long run either way. In 3 seasons he has averaged 4.3 YPC which is very good, in 6 playoff games he averaged 5.1 YPC. The only thing I worry about w/ Greene is durability which is why we need another back to take some of the workload off of him.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Jacobs would at least bring some fire to this team on the field and in the locker room. Hes a bruising RB when hes on top of his game.

8. nyjunc

he ahd runs of 53 and 39 for TDs in the playoffs.

33 and 31 are good long runs, does he have to have 80 yd runs? There aren't many Adrian Peterson's in this league. LT's longest was 31 and 20 the last 2 years and LT was his old explosive self the first half of the 2010 season.

9. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

the last thing we need is another punk ass Giant indisguse to cry and cause discord. Plax can get the fuck out and Jacobs can carry his bags.

10. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I am not disputing that he is a good player. An every down player yes. A grind the game out player, yes. The argument is that he does not break long runs often, which is ok - no one is blaming him for that. His game is to tire teams out. Once in a whole you need someone who will zap an opponent. Every running team needs some sort of 1 - 2 punch, unless you have an Adrian Peterson. Foster/Tate, Williams/Stewart, Turner/Snelling, Bradshaw/Jacobs, McFadden/Bush. Even the Saints, a pass first offense have their change of pace backs. No 2 runners are the same. We need that.

11. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

If Jacobs wants to be part of the Jets, he should apologize to Rex. Otherwise, he can go to the Patriots if he wants to keep dissing the Jets.

12. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

This team has enough outspoken personalities as it is. Nevermind the fact that he and Greene have similar running styles. Pass.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

14. nyjunc

I'm not saying bring Bradshaw in, I don't like him and don't want him but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in someone like him. We just need someone to take carries from Greene to keep him fresh.

Bradahaw's long was only 37 this year

15. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Jacobs is not better than Greene. In fact he has this rep as a punishing runner but Greene has a more punishing style than Jacobs.

Neither is a guy you can have as a feature back because they are not good pass catchers but I would take Greene over Jacobs any day because he is much more explosive. Jacobs is slow to get going. If he gets some steam he's hard to get down but he lacks that burst at the line.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I'm not knocking him, I just don't consider him the kind of RB that's known for breaking long runs. He'll break a good one once in a blue moon but most of his game is just grinding it out.

In that way I think Brandon Jacobs is too similar to be on the same team as Greene. Plus Jacobs is most likely going to begin declining now that he's 30 as most RBs do.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jacobs will not be a member of the Jets.

19. nyjunc

I think jacobs is already in decline but again I think we need someone that can take carries from Greene. In a perfect world a Leon Washington pre-injury type of player would be perfect- is Joe McKnight ready to take on that role? We'll see.

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He's one of the reasons I wanted the Giants to lose after our game.