Top free agents for next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 2, 2012.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Maybe they could sign Favre @ QB and tiki barber @ HB

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hate Ochocinco if he signed here. He is a deep threat we need desperately that had a good career until going to NE where just never fit in. He's not certainly the answer but as a third wr Id like it. Holmes hopefully Braylon and Ochocinco with Kerley as 4th receiver would be nice. Also I dont think Chad would cost too much money after the season he had.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Theres no Braylon and Ocho its one or the other.

And Ocho wouldnt be the #3 he would be the #2.
    It would be

Holmes #1 , Braylon/Ocho #2, JKerl #3, rookie/turner #4/5

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

ocho, really? The guy had a pretty good QB throwing to him this year and did nothing. Talk about the downside of a career ...

5. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

Draft a receiver, don't sign an old one

Thank you! Enough of these washed up receivers. Bring Braylon back and draft one. Look at Kerley, we drafted him and he's developing well. He replaced Mason as the #3, who was a washed up receiver.

6. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Cuz Braylon had a phenomenal year last year right?

I personally wouldn't mind Ocho or Braylon. I don't think Chad's year was reflective of what he had left.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nope. With Kerley and Turner, adding a rookie makes for too young and inexperienced a receiver corps. Holmes would go ape shit, too.

8. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Holmes and Braylon (#1 and #2) would both be experienced vets, Turner hasn't had a ton of playing time but he's going into his 4th season, Kerley started about half the time in his first year and then we'd have one rookie. That doesn't seem too young to me.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

To be clear, if the Jets bring back Edwards, and use a lower pick to draft for depth for someone who would be the #5 wideout, that would be fine. But using a high pick THIS year seems not a good use of picks since the Jets have too many holes elsewhere. There are at least three starting positions that could use a new player from last year - RT, ROLB, and SS. In addition important backups are needed at RB, safety and Qb. The Jets may also make moves at TE, and still must sign two critical free agents, those being Pouha and Turner. I also think BOTH the kicker and punter should be changed out.

How it makes sense to use a high pick on a wideout is lost on me with all those needs.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? Ocho wouldn't want to be a third or 2b type receiver? Last I checked he was a number 3 receiver this year also behind 2 pass catching TEs and never complained once. Ocho played with TO and had no problem. Him and Braylon puts Santonio back in the slot.

11. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Ok, that I agree with. I don't want to see them use a high pick on a WR either. As exciting as it would be to have a rookie stud WR, the positions you mentioned (RT, OLB, S) should definitely be higher on the priority list.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He was completely irrelevant on the Pats not a #3.

And the Jets already have a 3rd receiver his name is Kerley.

And considering Kerley wouldnt make a good #2 to complement Holmes (hes a slot reciever)

That means Ocho would have to be either the #2 wr or the #4.

And if you think were gonna deal with his antics to be our 4th wr, not happening.

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I say nocho to Ocho.

14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Holmes and Edwards worked here. With the emergence of Kerley and Turner Edwards is all we need to add in the WR dept. We have way too many other glaring needs.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I wasnt aware Turner has emerged.

Although I guess 8 catches for 96 yards and 1 td over the course of 15 games is pretty impressive

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Is it true that we only have 500k in cap room?

17. Harrier Manc-Jet

Although i agree i cant see us throwing the cheque book at some diva wideout i would love to see Stevie Johnson here from the bills. Not seen anyone give Revis the runaround before like he did twice last year.

Plus the fact he mocked Cheddar bob now he wants to play for the eagles after using us for a years rehabilitation makes Johnson even more appealing imo.

Still at a good age with his best years ahead of him, wont happen that's just who i would want.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Considering he was barely used and when he is on the field he looks decent enough to give him a legitimate shot. Better than a "what if" guy.

19. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Why? He's 30, won't be cheap and doesn't really pressure the QB much. IMO that would a really stupid signing. He's a marginal upgrade over Bryan Thomas. He'd bring another solid starter to the team (if they could afford him) for a year or two, but the Jets need speed.

This is the draft to draft a couple of OLB prospects. It's not the time to sign an older, slower FA, especially when the Jets need a backup QB, a S, and RT, have limited cap space, and the best way to address those needs is in FA. They also need WR, but thankfully, this is a strong, deep draft for WRs with quite a few tall, fast WRs who are considered very good prospects.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I think the Jets are going to be conservative in free agency, building depth in the line
    They could do worse than to bring back Dwight Lowery @ S

As previous posters just said, this draft is a good one to upgrade @ OLB & WR