It's unreal how the Jets are labled loudmouths, but the Giants aren't

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

From Adam Schefter:
    Brandon Jacobs to reporters on Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen: "She just needs to continue to stay cute and shut up."

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

isn't it amazing? even their owners were popping off about the Jets, Cowboys and Pats. Imagine if Woody did something like that? The Giant organization from top to bottom is filled w/ phonies.

3. dankingfish13

dankingfish13 Member

It's also amazing how many threads and posts have already covered this subject.

4. Murrell2878

I wonder if Fatcesa will scream about how classless the Giants are.

5. Murrell2878

No one forces you to open those threads.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Goes to show how much the media influences perception

the giants talk more than any other team. but hey, they backed it up. not much you can say

7. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

They are the the Super Bowl champs they are entitled to say what ever they want...

8. Murrell2878

If the Jets won the SB and Rex made a comment like that (which he never would BTW) you wouldn't hear the end of it.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They were talking long before the SB

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

well that might be the first time that Jacobs opened his mouth and I agreed with what came out.

11. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I for one have accepted it. If they want to make us the bad guys or the loud mouths of the NFL. So be it. I only care about us winning games. As far as I'm concerned the Giants and the other 30 teams are irrelevant.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

that sh!t is not cool. You dont tell another mans wife in that fashion to shut up and somewhat downplay her in anyway. Jacobs should be more concern in trying to carry a ball for more than 2 yards, not tell another mans wife to shut up and stay cute. IF anyone is to get mad, its the Patriot players, not him...

Brandon Jacobs is like Drake (the "rapper"). Talking about another mans wife when the sh!t didnt even involve him.

13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brandon Jacobs after Giants don't resign him as FA

#13 Endlessly Counting, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

O&A played the audio of her comments, they were in response to loud, obnoxious Giants fans, not intended to be a public statement. She's right, too. Jacobs is a jackass, as Mike Ditka would say, the IQ of a grapefruit.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

when you win you can say what you want.

people mocked Rex when he first became head coach for his talk, but after making the AFCCG he was then lauded for it. the only problem is that to keep talking we had to continue to progress further to continue to back it up, and without that Super Bowl the talk is cheap and we are now ridiculed for it.

Giants won; the mic is open for them and nobody can say anything about it.

16. Italian Seafood

Sure we can.

17. JetBlue

sure we can, but we can't rationally criticize the media for not attacking them for it. even Rex got applaud for his trash talk after leading us to both AFCCG's, so it isn't as if he isn't given a pass if he backs it up.

I don't recall the Giants talking much before Rex started the war of words leading up to the game. but the Giants backed it up that game and every game afterwards, so there is no criticism to be had.

you forget, the criticism levied at the Jets is based simply on not backing up the talk, so if that is the case there is nothing to criticize the Giants for. they backed it up.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The difference is you don't talk about another man's wife, he very easily could have said something to the effect of "that's between Tom, Jizz Hole and the Patriots"

I don't care about the trash talk, it doesn't bother me but there are certain lines that don't get crossed. If Rex took a shot at Bellichick for cheating on his wife that'd cross a line too.

19. Italian Seafood

I don't care who says what or really how the media and fans react, I just think perception becomes bigger than reality after a while.

Rex is accused of talking too much, if you pay attention to what he says it's nothing out of line with what most coaches say. He thinks his team is going to win, you should. Joe Namath said he never took the field without thinking he was going to win, I have no problem with that. It doesn't mean you're a fool if you don't win every game or win the championship, if that's your approach and it works for you, do it. Rex doesn't rip his opposition, doesn't demean people.

The Giants like to portray themselves as this classy, old school group that doesn't say anything and that's not the case, never has been. We're seeing it again now. They can hide behind the "we won so we can talk" thing for so long, but ultimately you are judged by how you carry yourself in victory and in defeat and the Giants haven't shown much class. So I don't need to hear them or anyone else complaining about Rex or the Jets.

20. JetBlue

he's an asshole, yes, but so is Brady so his wife deserves it.

Welker caught heat for his feet comments, so Jet fans can't pretend they are only the victims and everybody else gets to say and do as they please.