We should sign Wes Welker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pereiro16, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Phear

Phear New Member

He said better athletes. I see reading comprehension is still not one of your stronger traits.

2. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

That's pretty damn funny.

Are you basing that comment on how many years Chrebet led the NFL in receptions with over 100 catches per year?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was probably basing it on his results having to play with some really lousy QBs in his career and on a team where they actually had some other receivers they could throw to.

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

we dont need midgets running around on the field...NEXT!

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Sure...I didn't even get to the "athletes" part yet. Not sure who's reading comprehension is not the stronger trait, but you certainly beat me to it...besides, being the better athlete doesn't mean you are the better WR.

And by all means, Im not in favor of signing Wes. Neither am I against it, but the reality is, Wes is by far the better overall player than of our WRs at the moment.

6. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Kerley>Welker

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Sanchez > Brady

Rex > Belichick

See, I can post dumb things as well.

8. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

at least mark/rex doesn't have to ask their wives to call out their receivers like brady does...

9. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Kerley at the age of 23 has a higher ceiling than Welker, so for this team Kerley>Welker why the hell would we sign him

10. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Jets will not sign Welker, he is a poor fit for your QB.

11. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

of course he is

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Jets need to find an athletic TE (Keller is way too soft and can't block at all) and a WR who can stretch the field.

I really like Kerly and think he will be a very good slot receiver if the Jets can find some WR/TE to open up the middle for him.

13. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

yeah Keller is 1 too small for Sanchez to consistently hit which is funny because they have the best chemistry and 2 he cant block the way we need a dual threat TE to. I wanna get Michael Egnew in the draft but we got too many holes to go TE unless the value is ridiculous

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Not sure about having the better ceiling. Wes has reached that ceiling and its not like he is 35 years old. He's 30. He's still got a good 2-3 year left in the tank. As for Kerley, no one can say for sure if his ceiling is higher than where Wes is right now. And even if it is, there's no telling if he'll even come close to reaching that ceiling. Sanchez' ceiling was apparently extremely high coming out of college with just 14 (?) starts. It probably still is pretty high, but its unlikely he'll reach there next year.

Point is, Wes is by far the better player right now. No one knows what can happen in the future. However, Manning has a much better chance of playing for the Jets in 2012 than Wes, and even Manning is very unlikely to play for us.

15. Sanchez needs basketball players at WR. Big, physical guys who can get down field and attack the ball w/ leaping ability as well as wingspan.Sanchez is most successful when he is out of the pocket and throwing downfield. Problem is..sometimes his ball is slightly off course and the velocity is inconsistent. You counter that with somebody who can be a big target and attack the football.

Funny, Jets have been searching for that type of guy since Sanchez's fellow alum Keyshawn left town.

Wes Welker is not that.

16. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Kerley has the skill set to be a great slot receiver, he's quick and runs great routes and could be Mark's best friend.

I'd rather get guys to grow with Mark and not bring in guys from other teams unless their names Megatron and AJ Green

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Screw Wes Welker. We need to get younger guys in here.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You're daft. Welker couldn't carry Holmes jockstrap.

As I pointed ur, welker is a LESS talented version of Chrebet. Welker averages 11ypc.

Go ahead and say on this thread that Beli wouldn't take Holmes for welker straight up.

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU

Get a grip

#78 Hobbes3259, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Only two things come from Texas. steers and Queers, and patsfan pretty much rules out horns, hombre

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A) Welker is more physically gifted than Chrebet was, but I would have loved to see how good Wayne could be with a great QB and not a one dimensional QB like the ones he had throughout his career.

B) Welker has been described as the biggest receiver threat in the league many times because of the mismatches he creates inside. Kerley can only hope for that type of success at this point, forget about the mythical 'upside' because that is only a vague description of players' future ability to combine mindset, discipline and physical prowess and it is ridiculous to presume that you can predict it.