Canceling My Season Ticket and Giving Up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

After reading this board tonight after the game, I have come to the conclusion that there is no hope for the Jets. The Giants winning the SB, or if the Pats had won, confirmed some how that the Jets are doomed to failure. The only way the franchise was going to be saved by 10 pm tonight was if a natural disaster prevented the game from being played.

Reading the threads on this board confirmed that Ryan stinks as a coach, we have the worst front 7 in the NFL, Sanchez is the worst QB in football, and our offensive weapons are a joke. Plus, the FO is clueless. Winning those 4 playoff games and coming close in two AFC Title games was a complete fluke. The Giants' win assures that, no matter what happens in the future, every time I wear Jets gear, I will be mercilessly ridiculed. I will not be able to ever step foot in Met Life Stadium again without being reminded, somehow, that the Giants were the first of the two teams to win a title in the shared stadium. Plus, starting tomorrow I hear from many on this board that Met Life has agreed to change the name of the stadium to Giants Stadium.

It is all so hopeless. After this 8-8 season when everything that could go wrong did, we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Even more so than teams like the 1-15 Colts and the 4-12 Bucs who just hired a moderately successful college coach for their NFL team when college giants like Saban and Spurrier were utter failures in the NFL.

We are doomed. The team is awful. You have all convinced me I have wasted 46 years of my life rooting for this team. I am taking up opera instead. At least I know how they will turn out at the end and won't be so disappointed at the end of the season, unless of course that new tenor ends up being completely over rated.

#1 Joe Willie White Shoes, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

u mad bro?

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I hope the door hits ur ass on the way out.

4. Phear

Phear New Member

Peace out homie.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

As well as a dick, bomb, and AIDS.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ever watch hockey?

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're right.

The Jets do suck.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Sad to see us lose another one but i honestly can't bitch at you.

9. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

I hope you're kidding

You can't decide to quit on the Jets after watching a game they weren't in. The Jets have a winning team, and their time will come. When it does all this Big Blue mania will be forgotten, and you'll wish you hadn't given up. Hang in there. And nobody is changing the name of the stadium. Although I wish they would, it's a dive in a dive neighborhood.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Nah, nah, let him go. I wanna get his seats if he's a long-timer and he's got something near the 50-yard line.

11. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Its what being a fan is about..good and bad..granted we've had bad luck..it's still your team.

EDIT: Not sure if sarcasm..barring the worst possible SB. and outcome of our season.

#11 Nilton, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I think everyone replying to this thread failed to see the sarcasm in the OP's post...

13. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

I knew what he was trying to say...

...either way, he mad.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

After this off-season, u can never really be too sure.

15. MelYeah

MelYeah New Member

Ding, Ding, Ding!!

And if anyone decides to bail on the Jets because of a Super Bowl between teams we'd rather not see win....well, you're not a real fan to begin with. In my opinion, anyway.

NYJ For Life!

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Everyone.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

I can't believe you are the only one who gets it. People thought my post was serious?? Holy shit, people need to get a life.

18. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

I knew your post was sarcastic, but either way, you mad.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

I mean - who would have expected to feel bad today??? After the Pats and Giants won two weeks ago, I never would have thought that we would have to sit through an actual game between these two teams where one of them was going to win the SB.

And I never had the foresight to think about the future of the team until after one of these teams won tonight. I still thought the season was going to turn out OK for the Jets, even though the season ended over a month ago. Who would have thought a Giants win would put the nail in the Jets casket for all of eternity????

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

It would have been much better had the Pats won. At least we don't share a stadium and a city with them, right? It's much better for the Jets to have the SB champs in the same division and have to play them twice a year than to share a stadium and a city with a team the Jets play once every four years. How could I have been so stupid??