Argue about why people shouldn't have rooted for one SB team or the other

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by allan1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I heard it

I disagree w/Schein
    Tuck was actually giving credit to the Giants, and
    downplaying the Rex effect

But we have to be ready for all the bullshit media superficial comments in this regard, that's for sure

2. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

thank god im going to school in south carolina and dont have to see the ledger tomorrow

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Tuck's last name rhymes with Fuck....as in "Justin Tuck? FUCK HIM!!" [​IMG]

#63 Braylon4ever, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Cumberland spoken like a true jet

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I think this is the same for all of us Jet fan that now reside outside of the tri-state area. Since we don't have to deal with Giant fans every day, the Pats losing is an excellent conclusion for most of us.

6. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Jeff echos our feelings on this. Those fans here that are "happy" that the Giants won either don't live in NY, don't have to work in NY, or live in other states far away from Giants fans...

Jeff knows the score. [​IMG]

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Both outcomes suck, period. Starting tomorrow I'll ignore all football talk except the TGG.

I would not have been able to handle Brady coming back on the last drive of the game to win. It would have been just as bad if not worse. If the Giants never scored on that last drive and the Pats would have just run the game out, I wouldn't have cared. However, I didn't need Brady to have that glory.

It's on to hockey.

8. Endlessly Counting

That's true, once it turned out to be a nail-biter, both sides won the spin war

Only good solution would have been a blown FG:grin:

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I am not getting this whining about the Giants win at all. How can anybody think that Brady and Bellichick and the Pats winning a title was better than the Giants winning. I despise everything Patriot. I have many friends, people who are family and neighbors and friends, who are Giants fans. I don't despise them. If someone gives you crap as a Jets fan, just tell them how happy you are that the Giants beat the Pats and that ends it.

The Jets don't compete with the Giants. Those who knock the Jets, the likes of Fatso on the Fan and Steve Pioli of the Star Ledger are small minded insecure idiots. Grow a pair, Jets fans, and come to the reality that the Pats are the true enemy and rival, not the Giants. Look, I won't be rooting for the Giants to win the division next year, but I sure am glad I don't have to hear about the "legend" of Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick and their 4 rings. Instead, I would rather point out that the Pats haven't won anything since Spygate, that Brady has been ordinary in the playoffs since 2004 and downright bad starting with SB 42. The regular season means nothing. Brady has not won a big game - that is put the Pats on his shoulders and won a playoff game in a long long time. And Bellichick, the defensive genius, hasn't been able to assemble a semblance of a SB defense in years. All of that makes me happy. Very very happy. So when someone talks about what a great franchise the Pats are, and praises the Pats draft ever year, and talks about the "Patriot Way" and how right they do things up there, I will take great pleasure in pointing out that they have won nothing since they were caught cheating and the only Patriot Way I know of that has led to anything was taping opponents that taints the 3 titles they have.

10. Endlessly Counting

Jets very much do compete with the Giants and the ante was upped this year

BUT....

you do set forth a pretty good consolation prize

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Joe Willie White Shoes...as always you are the voice of reason. Too bad your posts will always get buried into the mess of fecal matter and period blood that makes up 96% of this site....

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You're like an annoying girlfriend with that post. You took my words and twisted them into something I didn't say.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You're right. I don't know what it's like. However I do know how terrible it is becoming a Jets fan, only to see the Cheatriots reach 5 super bowls. They are our RIVALS. The Giants are just a different team in NY.

I didn't read his post until I read yours. I'm super ADD, so I didn't feel like reading a whole paragraph. After I did, I have to say he was DEAD ON.

14. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

0-2 since spygate. 0-2 since Vinetari left.

Last superbowl win was in 2004.

The Pats are a paper tiger. A seriously flawed team beat them in the Superbowl, TWICE (and once in the reg season in their own house).

I wish the Jets had as much success against the Pats as the Giants have.

New England is now tied with the Vikings, Broncos, and Bills for the most superbowl losses.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

if the Pats are a Paper Tiger,
    The JETS are the lolcat...

16. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

It's amazing what a Hall of Fame QB and Coach can do.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Pats have had trouble once they relied on Brady, proving that you need a team to win it. Brady has been 0-13 on passes over 20 yards in the air in the last two Super Bowls (according to ESPN.) Including 07, I count his good games on one hand (JAX and Denver) and his bad games are much more (NYG,NYG, NYJ, BAL, BAL, SD). Brady, now in the position Peyton has been much of his career, see how hard it is to win without a complete team effort. He has all the regular season records, none of the postseason anymore.

6-6 since him and Bill started 10-0 in the playoffs. They have owned the AFC East since 04, and that is about it.

18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

You stated that the next best thing to the Jets winning it all is the Pats losing today. In other words, the next best thing to the Jets winning it all, is the Pats making a Super Bowl appearance and losing, as AFC Champions. Is this not what you just posted?

19. MelYeah

MelYeah New Member

No way in hell was I rooting for the Pats. Nope.

I watched the game as just an interested observer, but wasn't rooting for the Giants, either. Though this result, as painful as it might be to some of us who have to deal with asshole Giant fan friends, isn't quite what we wanted, I'd rather have the Giants win than the Pats win. Sorry, I do NOT root for Boston teams, least of all that one. I didn't root for the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Final last year and no way will I EVER root for the fucking Red Sox!

Pats lost, I can deal with it.

Besides, I talked to some of my Giant fan friends tonight and some of them were humble and gracious in victory. And if I don't want to hear assholes like Mike Francesa, I'll just keep my radio off.

Don't EVER question my Jets fan credentials because I didn't root for the Pats. We suck this up for a couple of weeks and move forward.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Pats of the last 6 years have become the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. 14+ win seasons and nothing to show for it.