Lesson of the day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's been two measly seasons - two. You act like the Jets have been there for 20 years.'

You have such a short memory. Remember in 2009 how the Giants embarrassed themselves and the organization by losing down the stretch, getting blown it in their last game in Giants Stadium - their stadium - and how the Jets closed out the stadium with a win over the Bengals to make the playoffs???? The Jets were flying and the Giants were reeling. The same thing happened in 2010 and now in 2011 things flipped. Things can flip again next year. The NFL is incredibly competitive. Stop with the cry me a river crap about the Giants and come to the realization that the Pats losing is a far far better outcome for the Jets. Period.

And get used to the new stadium or find a new team to root for because the stadium situation, which is better than it ever has been for the Jets, is here to stay for 25-30 years. Shea was a pit and the Jets were at a sever competitive disadvantage because the Mets were prime tenants and the Jets were tenants at Giants Stadium. On game days, Met Life Stadium is the Jets home. Period.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Yes This!!!!

I don't want to hear any rumours. I don't want to hear what Rex is going to do
    I don't want to hear who the Jets are going to draft or sign in free agency
    I want the Jets completely under the radar. NO Hard Knocks
    Everybody's ego in check

Put up or shut up. Jets owe this to the fans for 2012

3. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The lesson of the day is you need a quarterback who can lead an offense in order have the best chance to win a Superbowl. If you make it into the playoffs with said quarterback, anything can happen.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Have you not noticed that it's been 43 years since the Jets have even made it? We haven't even had the chance to get there and lose. The Jets, Chiefs and Lions are the poster teams for futility right now.

Look at teams that were jokes like the Bucs, Saints and Cards. Even 2 of those franchises have won and the third team came damn close. Teams like the Seahawks and Chargers have also won conference titles since the Jets last played won one.

Hell, the Jets have won 2 division titles since the AFL/NFL merger. Do you want to spin that in a positive light?

5. Endlessly Counting

Yes you are correct. No issues w/MetLIfe Stadium. Its half ours.

#65 Endlessly Counting, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Joe Willie White Shoes

The Giants did not get much of a pass rush today. Brady was off, as he has been in almost every playoff game since SB 42 vs the Giants (the game against Denver High School doesn't count). And what about today had any bearing on the Jets front seven????

Football fans are all the same. Over on PatsFans.com, the fans are saying that it is time to get rid of Brady and hand the team to Ryan Mallett. Meanwhile, Mara admitted that Coughlin would have been fired had the Giants lost to the Jets in week 16. And a QB that went 30-40 today and had 9 TD and 1 pick in the post season completed 9 - count them 9 passes against the Jets defense that you claim stinks.

7. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

No. The lesson of the day is having lucky breaks all over the place.

It's no longer about being the better team anymore. The NFL has turned into a glorified Russian Roulette. [​IMG]

8. Braylon4ever

How can ANYONE spin that in a positive light? [​IMG]

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Lesson of the day is that you don't need to be the best team in NFL to win the Super Bowl. In today's parity-filled NFL, getting to the playoffs, getting the right match-ups and riding a hot-streak is all it takes.

10. Braylon4ever

Like I said : Russian Roulette. [​IMG]

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

100% correct ... but all the crybabies on here will still be jumping ship next season as soon as we lose two in a row.

12. Phear

Phear New Member

Brady was off? Lol u must have fallen asleep while he threw for like 18 straight completions.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Because the Jets over the last 43 fucking years have proved that they can get hot at anytime and win a championship.

C'mon. Are fans crybabies because they are tired of 2 division titles since the AFL/NFL merger and 0 conference titles in 43 years?

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Would love to get a beast of a pass rusher.

I Keep thinking of Mario Williams. I know the Texans will franchise him but being that they got pretty far without him maybe they would be willing to do a sign and trade or some shit. Maybe we give them a 1st and a 3rd, I believe Mario is worth more then the #16 pick and a 3rd rounder for sure. Either that or draft Upshaw or Mercilus.

15. Joe Willie White Shoes

He had two drives - the one at the end of the half and the one at the beginning of the third quarter. After he was dinged up on the sack in the third quarter, he was off, missing receivers, throwing picks, etc. And the safety was a huge play in this game a bonehead play on his part. And he had that deer in the headlights look he gets when things are not going his way the whole 4th quarter. He was 27-41, so take away the 18 in a row he had when he got hot at around the halftime turn and he was 9 of 23 the rest of the game. And he had a chance for one thing he was lacking - a signature TD scoring drive to win a title - and he was not successful.

16. Endlessly Counting

57 secs is probably not enough time to go 80 w/out a miracle, but yeah, I agree that aside from the two drives, which I believe were in hurry up mode, Brady was unspetacular

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Brady was 0-4 I think they said on throws over 20 yards today and 0-13 in his last two super bowls in throws over 20 yards. no big plays

18. Braylon4ever

Uh-oh....I can just hear the McElroy fans revving up their "See? Even Tom Brady can't chuck it deep...." :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

You both need to grow a pair and back you team. There is no sunshine blowing going on here. Is the Jets front seven really that bad? To me they are not because they are the New York fucking Jets front 7 so right off the bat they are the best front 7 in the world. And if you talk shit on your team then you are less of a fan. So talk shit on your team if you so choose. I choose to back my Jets no matter what the case is. I was there when they were 1-15 in the armpit of the NFL and I will be there when they are Super Bowl Champions and I can go to bed that night KNOWING I had their backs the entire time. So point out flaws all you want. I will choose not to. You are both SOJFs!

20. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

[​IMG]