Looks like Plax is saying "Bye-Bye" to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Feb 1, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Well, Sanchez will already have two excuses if he plays bad next year.
    1. had to learn a new system with a new OC

2. At least one new starting WR to develop chemistry with

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Hopefully it will be ONE excuse If the Jets bring Braylon back....

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The old Plax is back. No longer will he need to kiss ass. He got his money so off he goes. I assume the Giants will pick him up and then cut him when hes late for a T.C meeting.

5. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter. Even if Sanchez throws 80 TDs and 0 INTs, the Jets win the SB and he gets MVP the haters will still find a way to hate.

Seriously though, he will now be a 4th year QB who has started since day one and although he's switching to a new system (ostensibly a simpler one to run) he's not going to get the same leeway that he has thus far - and he shouldn't. Next year is going to be crucial to his future as a Jet and he needs to step it up from this year no matter what the circumstances are.

Also, losing Plax should turn out to be an advantage. Sure, he was experienced and offered a good target in the EZ, but he didn't have the ability to stretch the field nor get open in space - and I definitely wouldn't say he had any kind of "chemistry" with Sanchez - seemed more like the opposite. It shouldn't be hard for the Jets to upgrade to a WR who will help Sanchez's game a lot more than Plax did.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No excuses like that. Most people here agree that Sanchez has a make or break year coming up. He doesn't have to make a jump into elite, but he has to show more than minimal signs of improvement. I think we see this improvement, but many also think we won't.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Vinny Testaverde didn't take long to turn into a pro bowl QB with this system. (Yeah, his experience helped but...)

8. displacedfan

I was a young fan then so I don't remember specifics of coaching/gamesplans/ etc back then. I just remember having fun watching Vinny. I believe this system will help Sanchez and we will see improvement.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When in doubt, blame the white guy.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And a much better supporting cast. Keyshaun, Chrebet, Martin, Anderson and a great blocking TE in Brady ...

11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

"Sanchez is Sanchez"

Yes...

and Plax is 34.

12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

well, that pretty much answers a big part of the question about "anonymous sources".

who cares though. he didn't put any type of scare into opposing defenses. if this team wants to do anything on offense, RT and WR have to be significantly upgraded.

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Yup, there will always be excuses. Some Sanchologists already say openly on here that he needs 5 years.

At some point the excuse will become that he cant focus without a new deal. Then the weapons wont be good enough. Then Rex wont be good enough. Then the OC will suck again and the pattern will start again.

It will never be his fault.

14. displacedfan

I haven't seen one person say that Mark Sanchez is not at fault. I have no idea where these posters are. Maybe I gloss over what they say because it so ridiculous? Everyone on here, Sanchez supporter or not has been sayingMark has faults and needs to improve. I always thought the debate was whether or not he can improve or if he has plateaued.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

There are some guys who talk about how great he is. One guy was babbling about his swagger and how he has some look in his eye.

What you are saying is logical, the debate should be about whether he will get better. Some people claim that he is already elite, which is just proposterous.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm so sick of hearing about receivers who can stretch the field. Sanchez wouldn't get it within 30 yards of any receiver who did, just look at how accurate he was on the 10 yarders.

There is a reason the Jets had only 4 plays over 40 yards this year and it wasn't the ability of the receivers to stretch the field. Holmes could stretch a field as much as anybody in the game.

17. Braylon4ever

You know....those who praise his Red-zone abilities while crapping on Braylon's Abilities there forget that he(Braylon, I mean) was as much a Decoy as he was a Target there. He took attention away from Holmes, Cotch, Keller, and even LT which led to them getting the bulk of the TDs instead of him 'cause he was double-teamed almost all the time in the endzone.

Plax wasn't exactly given much attention 'cause his speed was as such that one CB could stay with him and he'd have to find some way to push off without the ref seeing him do it in order to catch TD passes. :rolleyes:

[youtube]ozX8XiUaIRI[/youtube]

What happened to THIS Mark Sanchez?

#97 Braylon4ever, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  18. displacedfan

Oh I haven't seen those guys or mentally block out the posts. I see why you are so adamant arguing against these guys and get frustrated.

I think I am on the more positive side when it comes to Sanchez and the team in general, but I completely agree that he isn't elite.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

20. Braylon4ever

Ask a Dumb Question, get a Smart Answer. Then Feel dumb that I didn't realize it. *facepalm city*