Looks like Plax is saying "Bye-Bye" to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

And about Plax, those who call him out are missing the point.

Plax just like everybody else has to think about his future. Should he be worried if another team might look at him that he might sound like he's down on Sanchez?

Well, I would have to think if it were the common perception that Sanchez is actually a good Qb, then Plax would sound like an idiot.

But, strangely enough, I don't think people who hear what he said will think he was an idiot.

That's the take away here.

2. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much the article in particular but just the overall situation with Plax. I, for one, was really excited and optimistic about him being signed to the Jets but after watching this season I can't stand the guy.

He made an incredibly stupid decision which easily could have (and probably should have) ended his NFL career and the end result is that when he steps out of jail he gets handed millions of dollars to come back and give it another try. I don't care if he hated the offensive playcalling, I don't care if he thought Sanchez was the worst QB ever, I don't care if he was unhappy with not getting the ball thrown to him more - it's just not acceptable to get that kind of opportunity and then play half-assed all year because everything isn't going exactly how you want it to. Shit, I've had jobs for $8/hr that I absolutely loathed where I put more effort in than Plax did on the field this year.

In light of that, anything that Plax says that sounds less than grateful is going to be taken in a negative way. I think a lot of people are just sick of players' egos fucking up what's supposed to be the ultimate TEAM sport. And that's why a lot of fans here are so jazzed on the idea of bringing Bray back - he obviously wasn't the be-all-end-all of WRs, but he seemed genuinely glad to be a part of the team and the organization and he never looked like he was putting anything less than 100% effort in on the field. Same with Cotch, Chrebet, Toon, etc. That's why those types of guys are always the fan favorites - they're team first players.

3. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

4. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Plax??? the dude is non existant between the 20s he might as well not even be on the field. If hes not back i dont think anyone is goiong to be missing him. he can be easly replaced. Patrick Turner can be the same type of receiver if he stops being so timid hes a huge target he just doesnt have the down field speed. What we need is a SPEED burning Wideout that can get down field and take a safety with him. it would open up between the numbers for kurley and holmes to work. as for J.Co he doesnt pose much of a threat. but would be great to have in the locker room and is respected. a 4th round pick up would be good to

5. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Just to add to the TE point,

The Jets were #1 at stopping #1WRs for obvious reasons.

The fun fact is, though, they were #2 at stopping #2 WRs.

...and they were 27th at containing TEs.

6. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Where did you find those stats?

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Not enough is being mentioned about the solid year Cromartie had after his terrible start.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Who is going to throw the ball downfield to him the invisible man. If plax would have gotten his money there would have been a mutiny within the WR corps last year. Homes went beserk and Mason got traded. The only thing that stopped Plax was he has to get his payday. Let him go be an all pro some place else.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Very true. I was really down on him early in the season and then he virtually disappeared for the rest of the year a la Revis. Hadn't really thought about that.

10. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Would you want this guy on your team based on his stats?

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM
    12 83 6.9 24 0 3 5 9 1.8 9 1 1 1

That's Jamaal Charles' stats from 2011

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I agree, he got shit when he played poorly early on, but overall had a big year for the Jets.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Mark Sanchez and Plax are dicks

14. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Whatever, Plax. Remember to keep the safety on, douche.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Would he quit in Week 17 at the 55 minute mark of a do-or-die game against our hated rival ?

16. Big Blocker

Yes, Cro had a very good year.

Zone defenses at containing the TE? Not so much.

Great stats, btw...

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here's another stat you might like. Eric Smith gave up the 2nd most yards for safeties when thrown at. The only safety that gave up more yards than him played about 150 more snaps.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he had a Glock, which lacks a "traditional" safety.

19. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I don't give a shit what happened in San Fran!!!

I'm comparing how his absence in 2011 compared to his presence in 2010 showed how much the Jets missed him.

20. Big Blocker

Well, I frankly do not like that stat, but it is what it is. How do they come up with that number, though? Smith as I saw it was almost never guarding a receiver from the snap of the ball. Most were handed over to him by the linebackers or occurred while the Jets were in zone coverage or both. Imo it's often hard to figure out who to blame on receptions against zone coverage.