Looks like Plax is saying "Bye-Bye" to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Xr6mE7WUBEI[/YOUTUBE]

He sure made his WRs look like a HoF players, didn't he?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81dba7a9/QB-Sanchez-to-WR-Edwards-37-yd-pass

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81c1b0b5/Injured-Cotchery-makes-clutch-catch

I can find a lot more, but I stopped.

Ok. Let's play the game YOU play.

Run defense gives up 1777 yards total (13th) on tune of 111 yards a game (13th) But it's not in shambles? Ok.

Jets are getting 35 sacks, a little more than 2 sacks a game. Nice pressure, eh? (That's good for 17th)

And the total yardage given up comes at 5th, so Jets are top 5 D, right? Brilliant.

#41 Zach, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. If you have to count Pouha and DeVito as talented defenders, you know you are in trouble. (They are both rotation quality players, not starters.)

2. So where was the pressure on the QB last year?

3. And Jets were being gashed in the running game, giving up on average 111 yards a game.

4. While it is a stretch to say this defense has zero talent (I didn't say that) it probably is not such a stretch to say the front seven is almost devoid of blue chipper.

3. The_W

The_W Banned

Bwahahaha! Goddammit Donald!

But that was actually a designed screen to the running back...

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Mark Sanchez is Mark Sanchez lolol...classic response

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I will gladly turn this into a Mark vs Peyton thread, Peyton at 50% is better than Mark will ever be. If you would like to continue Mark vs Peyton just let me know. You show me one bad play by Peyton, to try and prove a point. Mark has had a total of about 100 good to great plays in three years while Peyton gets that done in 3 games.

The Jets D is the least of the problems on this freakin team, the worst stat is 17th ranked, well thats the middle of the pack. Since Mark became the QB what has been the worst overall rank of the Jets D?

Look man I am not going to argue with you about Edwards, Mark, this D or nothing. Sorry its not that important to me, you are not going to agree Zach and that is fine with me. To tell you the truth I am sleeping in a bunker a few nights a week so the Jets are the least of my concerns. Try wearing full body armor and getting shot at with shit blowing up around you and then we can argue about things.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Burress was a nice redzone target for us that won't be easily replaced. Outside of that, like others have already said, he wasn't worth much.

I don't have any issues with what he said. He basically said no comment a different way. What was so bad about it? I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall about his future with the Jets - which is likely nothing more than a veterans minimum offer. He needs to go make some money while he still can.

7. no psls

no psls Banned

Plax had 3 million reasons to sign with the Jets . Woody likes FLASH and headlines . Hence , Plax . We need a football owner , not a business man - bottom line owner .

8. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

lol I wouldnt want to play another season with the Jets either if I never got the ball thrown to me

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Plax didn't back up or shit on Sanchez. Also didn't give any info. concerning all the Jets locker room drama when you know the reporter was leading him that way. Not really seeing why everyone is upset at this article.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He was great inside the 10, but other than that was pretty useless.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He's finished. Any team that signs him gives him a one year minimum. No seperation at all. All he can do is play basketball, jump and get it. It does not work outside the 20's. He has a lot of balls raging on the Jets after they wasted 3 million dollars on him. Just shows you what the modern athlete has become. Its hard to root for these guys anymore. He should get down on his knees and kiss Woody's shoes that thug!!!!

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

When did you move to Atlanta?

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Would you want this guy on the team?

2011 Statistics:

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    13 0 16 237 14.8 36 2 1 3 3.0 3 0 -- --

I sure as hell would.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I thought the Giants were fools last offseason for essentially being apathetic on the idea of resigning the guy who was one of the main contributors to their 08 season success. I thought that Coughlin's attitude would get in the way of them building the best possible team. Not to mention that they would be paying Plax a cheap 1-2 year deal like we had done. It just goes to show that the Coughlins and Belichecks of this league are right and the Rex Ryans are wrong. This experiment of bringing talented but problematic guys on our team has failed. Rex still has a lot going on for him though as he is a defensive genius and we do have home-grown guys on this team; Kerley, Mo Wilkerson, Kyle Wilson are all guys that are rising stars that we need to rely on to succeed and not some FA with attitude problems.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Plax said bye bye to the Jets all season long. By sucking.

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

peace out d-bag

i think cotch will come back (he only has one year deal in pitt rite?) and i think we'll sign lee evans also

17. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

A 13th ranked run defense is one that is in shambles? There are still 32 teams in this league last I checked.

What's funny is, 13th is the worst you can come up with because the team was 5th in passing defense and 5th overall.

Teams ran more because they couldn't throw worth a damn on us. The mediocre sack total didn't matter much in the long run, because again, we didn't get passed on.

The Jets were 13th in total rushing yards, but 6th in YPC allowed.

By Football Outsiders DVOA, they think we were the #2 defense.

18. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Addition by subtraction. Best news of the off season.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree with your take here. Zach often makes good points, and I think he's put some work into making the case that the DL is mediocre, but I think he's wrong there. The stats show they are above average, and adding in the consideration that any team that does not have a top shelf TE (the ones who do cause the Jets problems) can't beat the Jets with a passing game, they have to run it. Yet the Jet D is #6 in ypc.

I agree, it's not that bad a run D by any means.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Look, Plax was bad last year. But its hard to be great when you are in your mid 30's and have missed years of competitive football. And it didnt help that Schotty had no fucking clue how to use him.

But I enjoyed when he said Sanchez is Sanchez. Yet more proof that the actual players think he is dogshit.

Remember, when Plax signed he said this offense was good enough to score 30 a game. Apparantly he has come to the conclusion that his words could only be true with an NFL qb.