Looks like Plax is saying "Bye-Bye" to the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Feb 1, 2012.

1. curtis

curtis New Member

I have to say, Plax sounded pretty stupid in that interview. ______ is _______. Learn how to talk, man.

2. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Just see my signature

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Nice sig, sir. :wink:

4. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

The bitterness level is off the charts in this thread.

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

How was his 2011 in San Fran? That is all I am asking right now.

6. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I would love to bring back Cotchery I'd get on my knees and beg for him back

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

A couple of years ago everybody wanted to be a jet and now everybody is running away as fast as they can..what a shame.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I would've like to retained plax, a great redzone option. This whole locker room situation is really turning many away from the green and white.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Good, he sucks anyways. A glorified third receiver that posed as a #2. GTFO

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Try not to shoot yourself on the way out.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

One can just tell he didn't give a shit. He was just happy to be out of jail makin paper again. He's already got a ring, not much to prove. Glad he'll be gone and I hope he declines swiftly. Fuck the Giants too.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You realize how irrelevant that bolded part is, right?

Like you have never seen a free agent bust, who performed well in one system, busted in another, then prospered in yet another. What relevance do you think his performance this year IN SAN FRANCISCO has with his role in NEW YORK?

*The level of ineptitude and incompetence in this forum never ceases to amaze me - and I am a layman for Christ's sake.*

13. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Maybe now all the assholes who wanted to be a Jet will get the fuck outta here. You may say that everyone wanted to be a Jet but all it got us was a bunch of knob gobbling d'bags. Sometimes a team has to take a step backwards into the adversity of missing the playoffs before it can leap forward. The team had success the first two seasons that Rex was here and that cannot be denied. But Rex, the offense, the defense and special teams all took a step back this season. It will make every player take a hard look at himself and work harder. Just a simple fact that sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward.

If Mark Sanchez progresses next year, the front office drafts a few decent players and signs players at the necessary position the team will be fine. 8-8 this year happened with the very worst combination of events. With a couple of bounces our way the team is 10-6 or 11-5 and in the playoffs. People just don't like Rex and the Jets and quite frankly I enjoy that, dont want any band wagoners. Crucial offseason from 8-8 we can go up or down based upon the moves that are made. Phase 1, changes in the coaching staff are complete and I really love all of the changes so far.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. With Wayne Hunter at RT, Joe Montana will not look any better than Daunte Culpepper during his Detroit gig. While Sanchez did suck, I still couldn't determine which percentage of that goes to Sanchez himself. Jets OL this year allowed 40 sacks throughout the year, which ranks 20th. That is not a good protection no matter how you slice it. Asking 3rd-year QB with 1 year college experience to excel with that dog shit protection is nothing better than praying for lottery jackpot, if not worse.

2. Tannenbaum fucked it up - that is a fact too. When you sign the players, there are few things (not 'A' few things. Few things) that you should NEVER do as a GM - and one of them is to guarantee the salary; which Tannenbaum did. What does guaranteeing salary do for the players? They lose the reason to bring their A game - especially when the season is going down the drains.

Not only that. Playing musical chair with WR corps did a lot of good for the growth of Sanchez. Nice fucking job.

Last, but not the least, the defense is in total shambles, so is the OL. Praise the genius of GM.

3. Ryan is a very good defensive mind - that I can agree somewhat, but at the end of the day, you do not win the Kentucky Derby on a fucking donkey. Jets defense is filled with mules and donkeys, when you need stallions to run. It will take years to purge the donkeys off the roster.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

There is talent on the defense. Harris, Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Maybin, Wilkerson, Pouha, Devito to name a few. There are also players who can be coached up to be better like Ricky Sapp, Gerald Alexander, Jamaal Westerman and others who were picked off the scrap heap and can be worked on with Rex. Not like there is zero talent on the defense. New safeties and outside linebackers and the defense is fine.

New Wide Receivers and Right Tackle and the offense can be good as well. Yes last offseason was awful, but that does not mean that this one will be awful as well.

16. blackssmagic

So tell me this then genuis, the teams play a similar system. Good D and run the ball on offense right? Neither team has a great Qb correct?

It has nothing to with being a free agent bust, the bottom line is he has had one good season in his entire career.

Can he help this team, are his knees healthy? The relevance is what are his stats from last year? plain and simple it is an easy question to answer

17. blackssmagic

Why is then that Peyton can make any wideout seem good to great? Pierre, Tamme, White, the list goes on and on. When one of his wideouts get hurt the next guy up steps in.

Rodgers is the same way, Driver gets old Nelson steps up...

I can go on and on, Mark can not do this.

Sorry but a top 5 D isnt in shambles

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Greg Roman was running Sid Gillman offense? Where did you learn that? Link? You don't even know what similar systems are. Even offenses that are based on strong ground attack can be from different system. *Sid Gillman offense has an element of ground attack, and so does Erhardt/Perkins system, for entirely different reasons.*

One good season - in Cleveland? He had one terrible season - that is last year. Other than that, he almost always averaged more than 15 yards a catch. Getting 900 yards in a ground-attack based offense seems little to you, eh?

Last, but not the least, you don't even understand what surroundings he had - and you are using stat lines to see that. So tell me, when was the last time stat line showed you the whole picture that is NFL?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not going to miss Plaxico. The Jets could have gotten the same results they got with him by signing a seven foot tall three toed sloth.

20. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Is plax playing defense?