17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ha just wait till they go thru there next 10 year losing streak & watch the price of those PSLs hit zero :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I didn't want to go there, so I left it up to you to be the one to say it (as I knew you and you alone could do quite eloquently). LOL

But yes, if we slip consistently into the dark hole we've been in for more years than I care to think about, PSL prices and ticket prices will sink faster than the Titanic.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

See thats the thing not many people get.

1) I Hate the fact of a PSL dont get me wrong but when I see the resale value and the view from the Upper deck I thought its not worth it.

2) If I never get any money in a resale for the PSL im fine as long as I can sell for 3 more years at the rate I am now. If you do the Math of 30 year life of the stadium. 8 PSl $20,000 total looking at $666.66 a year in PSL fees. All I need to do is make that much on them a Year.

3) I usually break even with the PSl and im using the 5 year plan not the 30 year plan. So I look at it as after 5 years HOPEFULLY im paid off from profit of tickets if not 7 years and then the rest of the time I have the Tickets the PSL is paid for and I get to enjoy better seats.

I will say it again PSL Suck but when you do the math and price it out and really look at it I just think it works. Now for some odd reason I do make money off of them and resell them great!

I understand alot of people are mad that they had great seats in the old stadium and are now top shelf and hate it and will be mad forever.

Now this could all back fire, Jets could keep the streak they are on and then hell we all lose but as long as I make enough in ticket sales for now ill go with it!

Break even with Selling each ticket for $185 5 year Plan, $155 15 year plan. Face is $125. I always cover except preseason.

#13223 Jerseyboyisback, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. Section341

Section341 New Member

But if you are selling them, how are you enjoying the great seats?

Seems to me that you bought a car but don't get to drive it after 5 years. By then, it's a used car.

5. Section 227. Row 5

The theory is, the PSLs will "pay for themselves" with the sale of the tickets (face value + enough vig to cover) if you can get enough on StubHub or wherever (less, of course, the 15% seller's charge), year after year, until the PSL is paid off. Then, the extended theory is, you are now "free" of the PSL and the rest is gravy and you now have a terrific "investment."

You'll be able to enjoy this investment or sell it or continue shilling it, whatever. My contention is (and I always argued this tooth and nail with ROJF), that there are plenty of other "investments" that one can make that don't involve having Woody as a partner and reap much, much better returns.

But his theory may work. Only, however, in a perfect and flawless environment in which the Jets are on a constant winning streak and seats are in great demand and commanding consistently high dollars. This thinking is really a microcosim of the original root of the problem, which was that the optimism surrounding Woody's new HC and team and HBO bravado and new stadium would propel the Jets to unbelievable heights and recognition in the NFL because we'd be "kicking their ass" and going to many, many Superbowls and enjoying many "Hard Knocks" re-runs.

But we haven't succeeded on the field, and it all falls through the floor when that doesn't materialize. And so, you've got young people doubling down on this infallable theory and thinking nothing, and they mean nothing, will interfere with the profit one can make from all of this.

Nothing except the first of a possible long line of cracks in the armor... an 8-8 season.

They don't know the heartache and are unwilling to learn from the past. That's okay, but in so doing, they're dooming themselves to failure by not listening to and heeding the advice of the elders of the Jets Clan.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think and i will repeat think that he bought 2 psl seats and then they offered him 2 more and he took them. he is selling the 2 that he is not using and is using the better seats.

so he is still on the hook for the psl for the seats he is sitting in and paying the psl for the seats he is not sitting in by selling them.

hey 227, sounds alot like what these fellas were selling a few years ago getting everyone to take every bit of equity they could out of their homes.

7. championjets69

I have not actually sat in my seats however the renters who rent them say that the view from my seats is excellent (UD, sideline, front row) :sad:

8. championjets69

Well after watching 43 years of rebuilding of the NYJs I sought of consider myself a expert on the subject :sad:

9. Section 227. Row 5

I think this last season has done a lot of damage. An awful lot of damage. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am guessing that fans in our age group are more than quite disappointed.

For me at least, the past couple of years rekindled that old hope we briefly had from time to time over the last 43 years. There were moments... moments when you start to come out of the SOJ mentality and say to yourself... "Well, maybe... MAYBE..."

But now we're back to 8-8 mediocrity again, yet one more time. And I think many, many STHers are going to look at their online account this spring and the dollars involved and just say, "Fuck it man. I don't know if I can do this again." This is why I am saying there will be many seats available upstairs.

And I don't care how many PSLers continue to rave about their seats and rub our noses in it, many of them would bail also IF THEY COULD. But they can't, so they continue to defend the PSL purchases in an effort to convince even themselves that this was a good move.

If this season ends in another .500 year or worse, the effect on ticket sales is going to be catastrophic. Hell, it will be catastrophic anyway. I really don't expect many people to break even... you couldn't do it last year even, and that was with the tail end of all the optimism.

Now we know our QB isn't even in the same league as the top QBs and we've got a change at OC. And some of these guys aren't getting any younger and we've pretty much been built for "now." Pulling in guys like Holmes and Plax and pullout out all the stops to get a Championship, to no avail. What is next? What do you do? Go to Free Agency and continue to bring in everyone else's disgruntled jail birds? Or do you go to the "Rebuild" one more time and say, okay, we'er going to draft our talent but it will take x-number of years for them to materialize?

I swear, if I have to hear that "R" word one more time...

10. Section 227. Row 5

I kind of like that phrase now:

"43 Years of Rebuilding and Still Counting." A badge of courage. I think I'll get a T-shirt made and wear it to the next fucking Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson pep rallye.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe champ has a new rallying cry!!!

12. championjets69

I'll give your statement a twirl

The youngies on the board have to many blinders on to see the forest from the trees

The PSLer is locked in so it is just how much he loses

It is the UD where the story will be told since these are PSL free so if say 13,500 seats are empty at the onset of game 1 of the 2012 season then the bell has tolled.

With the amount of players that need replacing/upgrading Revis will be lucky to see another PO game as a NYJer during his career sorry to say :sad:

13. Section 227. Row 5

Check out these ages:

Brunell - 41
    Plaxico - 34
    LT - 32
    Thomas - 32
    Pouha - 32
    Pace - 31
    Strickland - 31
    Moore - 31
    Scott - 31
    Hunter - 30
    Leonhard - 29

14. championjets69

There are others that are just average to below average players as well that need upgrading

The safeties
    Harris (young & slow)
    Fergy
    De Vito
    Moore
    Slauson

No matter the signs are surely pointing stongly downward for this team for the NEXT several years. This period surely will test the will of the UDers :jets:

Pace

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My biggest concern is the shocking disconnect with the locker room stuff Rex seemed to have once the roof fell in this year. I didn't expect that. (For a stadium built without a roof that should have had one, this is a bit ironic isn't it?)

Ah, I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I think Wilkerson and even the new Ellis will make a difference beginning next season. We need another play-maker on defense. Rex has to know that more than anyone. I've been through as many crap seasons as most of you guys, and realize the Giants run is probably making things seem worse.

Topic change - Not wanting to repost, I put a comical YouTube video up in the NFL forum here that some of you guys have just the right sense of humor to enjoy. It has a few bad words in it ; ) If you're a John Madden lover you may not like it so much. I think you'll like it though.

16. Section 227. Row 5

I disagree on Ferguson and De Vito and possibly Harris. But the MONUMENTAL problem for the Jets is the NE Patriots. And this stumbling block is not going away any time soon.

I am talking about how Belichick has stacked up draft picks and continues to do so.... a constant source of young talent to pick through. We've taken the opposite route on many a recent occasion and traded AWAY picks to get the likes of El Guapo and others, the most notable in recent history being Vernon Gholston.

But NE is constantly rebuilding (without being in rebuild mode) whereas we gamble everything on going for it "now," only to lose the bet and wind up 8-8 with some aging players now and some very mediocre players. If you look past unquestionably outstanding personnel like Leonhard, Mangold and Revis, you quickly get to mediocrity. A lot of bluster and talk but no walk, not enough to stop the Brady Bunch, that's for sure.

So as long as we draft the way we draft and give away whatever is left plus salary cap to acquire "win now" talent, it's great if you win now and a freaking disaster if you don't. And we didn't.

So now it's back to doing what? Continuing with the "win now" or trying to emulate the Patriots' plan and farm from within? We're screwed either way because either plan isn't working for us and the Pats are very stacked and continuing to stack. Abandon the win now and lose for the next 4 years for sure. Stick with the expensive win now and gamble that if you lose, you might have more than 4 years in the tank.

You can't go to the POs if you can't beat your division rival. And they bitch-slapped us both times this year. And it doesn't look like any let-up on the horizon.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I always think back to the first press conferences---then it was Mangini and now it was Rex. All the hope and " bright future " and what these guys would actually bring to us. I think many of us said " finally we are on the right track " and " at least the shit that has gone on in the past won't happen ever again " we have stability !---> fast foward to now----

I always liked Rex and still do but what a difference 3 years make huh ? It is not so much that we were 8-5 coming off 2 promising years and we collapsed--IT is the way it happened ! Add the locker room turmoil,,,and it appears to be quite a mess--this is going to take some doing to fix---I honestly hope Rex and Tanny can fix this .

3 years ago I had zero doubts about these guys and was sure they would get us in the rite direction---but after they were so ill prepared to play the Steelers in the Championjship game last year,,I questioned the leadership from top to bottom. Now throw in how we had zero backup plan when Nandi took a hike,,,and watching Hunter play game after game with NO ONE behind him to play over him---see Eric Smith and how we are still begging for a pass rush (see our hopes placed on Maybin )---the list could get bigger but bottom line is I no longer follow Rex and Tanny blindly as I did 3 years ago. It is time to SHUTUP and PUT UP :wink:

In keeping with this thread the new place blows

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days "

#13237 CBG, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  18. championjets69

Hey RR said he would not kiss Belly SB rings so he has the fans back covered when it comes to overtaking the NEPs :sad:

19. championjets69

It really makes no difference if U disagree on Fergy & MDV since the arrow is pointing most strongly DOWNWARD that the difference of 1 or 2 players in the overall scheme of things means zero :sad:

20. Section 227. Row 5

I agree with downward (hell, we're 8-8 and that is down from last year), but what startles me the most is, I don't know what we're going to be able to do to stop the slide. I have lost confidence in Tanny and Rex to turn it around and get back on whatever track we fooled ourselves into thinking initially that we were on.

Everyone around here (including me) thought we were an improving team and now this. But what appals me the most is, I have no confidence that we can get much better in the near future than an 8-8 (on average) team. That means I am saying I think our range in the near future is anywhere from 5-11 or 6-10 to 10-6 at best.

I hate to keep harping on the QB position but a lot of it starts with that position, and I quite frankly don't have a lot of confidence that The Good-Looking One will be able to snap out of the nervous, mechanical checkdowns and begin to Tebow it a little bit... think on his feet and get it done one way or another. 3 years now and we're still seeing shitty ball security, inability to throw it away when needed, and frustrating INTs that always have to happen at the exact wrong moments.