2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Its all about going to the tape. As much as people put value on the workouts and all star games, the biggest assessment should be game film.

If you want a really good site to use, go to thefootballeducator.com, most of the articles are written by Ted Sundquist the former Broncos GM. Not alot of scouting stuff per players, but offers a lot of perspective on how to evaluate a player.

2. Sir

Sir New Member

The bengals add more explosiveness to their offense in the speedy slot receiver Joe Adams. Adding two big play players on offense should really help the bengals offense, aswell as the chance of Shipley coming back healthy.

I had 2 goals for the bengals, upgrade the secondary and add explosiveness to the offense. I feel that was accomplished.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Adams was the WR I was referring to before to WW85 as the guy I thought would be a Jet.

Pretty happy with Irvin, he might be a round 2 guy so Chicago who can use a pure pass rusher gets him in the middle of round 3 works. In a 4-3 D, he will be a DE and will just be required to use his ability to get off tackles to smack the QB.

Bears are done but they get not only a pass rusher but a 6'4 target for Cutler, a cornerback with very good upside, and a big blindside tackle to end the misery at that position. Not a whole lot of flashy picks but ones that will pay dividend to CHI. If we kept going on, I would take a QB to develop behind Cutler and a RB to get rid of Barber and relief Forte. Possibly a TE too.

Oh and Harrison Smith gets taken where I think he should go....however he may find himself in round 2 based on that need of a safety.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, Ik its all about the film. I try and watch as much as possible, but thanks for the website.

5. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Finished off the Steelers draft with a NG, as most of their needs will have to be filled via the draft. No ILB ever really fell into my sights, so maybe they'll be able to get a cheap option in FA or later in the draft. Chapman isn't a flashy player, but he fills his role well. Strong as an ox and has an apparent high tolerance of pain. Tomlin should love that considering how much he rides Hampton.

Broncos put some youth in the backfield with Pierce, who coincidentally comes from an offense ran by Tebow's old OL/OC and QB coach. McGahee still has value, but he wore down at the end of the season. Pierce should help with that. Another big back that Fox enjoys having...

#505 MagillaGuerilla, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  6. casman02

casman02 New Member

My last pick was a tough choice between Massie and another "high potential" guy who I wonder where will get drafted. Massie's position won out. He may not contribute at LT right away, but he should have time to learn behind Backus and become a stud LT for years to come. You simply cannot teach his size and athleticism. Stafford should finally get his protector.

7. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Interesting, you think Massie can flip sides?

8. casman02

casman02 New Member

I think he does have the athleticism to play LT in the future. He has the ability to stay in front of the the pass rushers in the NFCN, but I am not so sure about his mental lapses. If he asked to contribute immediately, he is better suited on the right side, but as long as Backus sticks around for at least a year he should be given time to learn the position and make the switch.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sorry it took me a little bit. Houston has selected Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State.

Saints are good to go!

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Saints pick in a second

11. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I like the Jets draft overall, but would have really liked Smith from Notre Dame in the 3rd, 1st round is awesome, 2nd is also very very good, I got to say i don't know much about quick, off to read up on him

12. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

After reading about Quick he reminds me a bit of TOs draft profile, he is athletic, big, fast and needs some refinement

13. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Shit if he's anything like TO without being a cancer then sign me up!!!!!

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I like what the Rams, Patriots, and Eagles did.

I think the Bears needed more help on Offense.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Just finished up for the pack, This is a hard job damnit all. I was in good position multiple times to nail the guys I want, only to see them snatched up 2-3 picks ahead of time. It happend with Melvin Ingram in the 1st, Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd and Leonard Johnson in the 3rd.

Its hard to regroup and figure out where to go. In the second, I may have reached a bit for crick, I feel, but there wasnt a secondary player that I thought was worth the pick, and I thought there was a decent shot Jo-Mas slipped to my 3rd rounder. So in the third I ended up going with bpa and snagging Mike Martin, a guy I really like at the 3-4 end spot. Even though I doubled up, the Pack certainly need some DL help, and if there aren't OLB's available that I like, I decided against reaching for them.

Overall loved the experience, just wish you people would slow down a little. I drafted 3 times in like 34 hours. With school/work other stuff the last few days, its been come home, oh shit im up in 3 picks, gotta make a board.... So I feel rushed by it, and hopefully I didnt miss somebody, particularly in that 2nd round that I wanted. Overall lots of fun, good work everybody!

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

We have to have rules for this draft to be successful and most GMs picking in a timely manner makes this mock work.

The real draft picks a lot quicker...:)!!

I'll tell you, running this draft you don't want to drag out, it takes up a lot of my time.

Glad you enjoyed it.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How many prospects are like that though?

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How about we set a time & date that's ok with everyone and try to get one done in 3 hours? at least the first 2 rds... that would make it a lot quicker. And I think no one would miss their picks...

Great experience as usual, thanks for these drafts WW.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Thanks!!

I don't think it would ever work trying to get everyone here at the same time.

Less than 4 days to complete 3 Rounds is pretty good.

GMs just need to forward the draft boards if they're not going to be available, that would speed the process.

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Mike Martin pick was good, thinking about giving him to the Saint before I opted for Lewis