2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You guys are talking nonsense if you want a RB in Rd 2 for the Jets.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Yea he had a bad Senior Bowl week, but his body of work is impressive.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I like the Trumaine Johnson pick, I think the Jets could consider him, but not in Rd 2.

4. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Reached over Hosely for Johnson for the Steelers, then went right back to him for the Broncos.

Johnson is a big, physical CB, who could also make the move to Safety. Either of which would help the Steelers.

#424 MagillaGuerilla, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Guys be careful with some of the "player hints" that are getting thrown out. You're not saying names, but it's still close enough that it might give away certain players. It'd be annoying if I were waiting on a player and I see hint after hint trying to give a certain guy away.

That'll be especially important in the 7 rounder when people start struggling to find solid players late.

6. casman02

casman02 New Member

Glad I got Chase before the run on CBs started. I could see him going much earlier in Rd 2 or late Rd 1. The only problem I see with him is his striaght line speed, but the value was too good there.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it might be best for it to stop....I have gotten in the habit of doing it too. Gotta be fair to all GMs.

Did that top 25 player finally get picked on your board GH?

8. Green Hurricane

And you would be making a mistake. Like I already said, Polk's "bad week" is being overblown here. On top of that, while he might lack the measurables of Wilson, Polk is without question a more natural back. His vision is superb, a patient runner, smart between the tackles, and good in the open field. Can he burn like Wilson can? No, but speed only means so much.

9. Green Hurricane

Like Minnifield a lot myself, almost took him at the top of the Rd for Jax.

Yeah, it was Worthy. He's a really good player, personally I like him a lot more than the others DTs getting all the pub. He's only a few months older than Brockers, but people act like the latter has all this extra potential. Worthy seems like a guy that should be a top 15 pick.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Jesum cro you guys fucking flew through the draft today my god. putting together a board for the Packers since I won't be back until early afternoon tomorrow....

11. Green Hurricane

MG, good on the Hosley pick. I WISH he was a few lbs heavier and an inch or two taller, he'd be an outstanding safety prospect with his zone skills. I don't think he'll have much success in pure man, but as a nickel guy he could really excel.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

I dont think saying Polk had a terrible week is “overblown” really. He had no separations from LB’s in passing drills, he did poorly in blitz pickups, showed under-par hands and poor speed/acceleration.

I know speed isnt everything and that it only goes so far, but speed is something we lacked this season from the RB position. We had pretty much no explosive plays from our RB’s, and if we were to add a back in the draft, I think it should be someone that can improve on what we lacked- speed and explosiveness.

I would want polk if I were another team (could be a perfect compliment to Jamaal Charles on KC), but if we were to spend a pick on the RB position, I would want someone that could add another dimension to the offense.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Thanks!

I agree 100%

14. MagillaGuerilla

Broncos didn't get their heir to Champ in this draft, but they need replacements at all 3 CB spots(some sooner rather than later). Hosley will compete with Harris right off the bat for the nickel, and maybe with some luck, Champ and Goodman will rub off on him. Carlos Rogers may be available in FA though, so there's that route.

I had another CB in the back of my mind that is getting white hot, but I didn't feel like defending 2 picks back to back at this time with Johnson...

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Great value for the Texans there.

16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Saints pick will be in shortly

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I like Thompson a lot, I think he would find himself in a really good situation if he was to work with Wade Phillips and that defense.

I actually prefer Thompson over some of the other DT's in the draft. That is just my opinion though obviously. :) lol

18. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Brandon Thompson is a guy I thought should have gone much earlier. He was actually one of the guys I was looking at for the Bucs pick.

19. MagillaGuerilla

I guess Criner repaired his stock...

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The guy I was referring to here wasn't actually David Wilson. It was the west coast guy.

I'm probably alone here, but I actually think he'll be the best running back in this draft class after Richardson.