2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

NE went pure BPA here.....and Poe was the other guy I was thinking for the Texans. Can't teach size and BB would love to have that big boy up front since Haynesworthless didn't work and Shaun Ellis probably won't be back.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The last three picks were a bit surprising.

I thought the 49ers would go for the next best WR, even if they had to reach.
    I thought the Giants needed another LB or RT not another CB from Nebraska. IMO.
    I thought the Pats would go CB or maybe pick a different DT from a bigger school who seems to be falling.

#262 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Man, I was really hoping Dennard would fall to the Bucs 2nd round pick so I could surprise everyone by giving them two corners.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, I would love Ingram on the Jets, and absolutely hate him to the Pats. But it would be a great pick for them... But like you said, they would probably make some random pick again, and I would be happy with that

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Alfonzo Dennard, hate it or love it? I think he's an underrated corner prospect, and with impending free agents at the CB position, it might be time for NYG to restock and try to get a solid corner. Does everything well, nothing spectacular, and their pass D can use some help. I don't think he has an immense ceiling, but I also think he's destined to at least be a solid pro in this league. Would have loved an OT there, but not crazy about the value with the players left on my shitty board.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

oh and i dont hate the upshaw, pick. On the contrary I like it, I just would have preferred one of the other OLB's.

We most definately need youth in our LB corps, and Upshaw brings that, and is 1/2 of the OLB's we need. We still would need the one true pass rusher, but in the end I guess it doesnt really matter which order we acquire the players in.

7. JohnnyThaJet

I think Terrel Thomas will be back on a 1 year deal. So another CB may not be appropriate but who knows what happens.

I think a LB needed to be picked with Goff most likely gone. If not a RT to replace McKenzie since I think theyll let him go. Or even then if they dont pick any of those there are two RBs I think would be solid picks for the Giants.

I dont hate the pick just thought they had other needs.

8. BakerMaker

No CB really worth it in round 1.

It was between that DT I think your thinking of or Poe but I gotta get the size. Poe's a bit more raw but BB may be willing to take a trip down that well. Wilfork's 30 as well so he'll need some time to breathe on the sidelines.

9. MikeSLTJ23

I don't disagree that they could use a LB. But personally, I think Dennard was the BPA. The Giants are one team that I find never has a problem going BPA (unless it's at a completely unnecessary position). I don't think CB is their biggest need, but I do think it is certainly A need. They weren't 29th in pass defense for nothing.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The Giants always seem to go BPA but they drafted Prince Amukamara in the 1st round last year. However, Aaron Ross is an impending free agent.

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

49ers were in no mans land, couldnt find a tackle or guard worth drafting in that spot. I seriously considered a corner. There was only one wideout I would consider drafting, but for now I passed. I settled on Branch because Brooks is a FA and getting another talented LB for that group would be huge

12. MikeSLTJ23

I decided to look at the draft as "every FA is a lock to be gone". Obviously some will come back and some won't, but I figured it easier for this to just assume all will leave.

And believe me, I wanted an OT, but none of the "top prospects" piqued my interest. It all came down to who I believed was the BPA and could fill a need or even just upgrade the position. They seem to always draft a DE when they don't need one (i.e. JPP) and it comes in handy for them. If you're going to do something well, make it REALLY good.

13. JohnnyThaJet

The OLB/DE wasnt a bad pick at all, I just think there was another WR who could have been picked. A certain one from Megatrons old school (hope thats not to big of a hint). But I understand why you went there.

14. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

A certain running back might have made sense for the Giants, as well. I think they're concerned about the long-term health of Ahmad Bradshaw's feet.

15. JohnnyThaJet

I think that DT from that big green school would of been a good pick as well. I like Poe a lot I just dont know about his initial transition into the NFL. I think he will have an impact in a few years but no immediately like i think that other DT would.

Dont get me wrong though, Poe is a great pick I just differ in opinion a bit.

16. BakerMaker

Wow the Lance Kendricks experiment ends early under Schotty.....just 1 year in STL?

Surprising pick but Fleener can definitely play.

#276 BakerMaker, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Lance Kendricks really disappointed with drops last season for the Rams. Perhaps Schottenheimer will install a lot of two TE sets.

18. MikeSLTJ23

Even worse is that Terrell Thomas is. I think the Giants have more or less written Ross off since his rookie year.

If they retain Thomas, with Webster and Amukamara, I'd agree that it's a luxury pick. But they got pretty torn up through the air last season, so I think they could afford to do some upgrading regardless. I would have drafted a corner later, but honestly, that's one of those positions where I think it's harder to find talent later in the draft (maybe that's just my perception), but I feel like later round CBs have a lower success rate in the NFL than at a lot of other positions. Maybe it's because you really just can't teach someone to keep up with NFL WRs. You either have it or you don't.

I don't know, just speculating here.

19. JohnnyThaJet

Very true, and Dennard is a solid player who could provide excellent run stopping on defense from the corner position. I think if he doesnt work out at CB he could move over to safety but I understand your reasoning with Thomas and Ross possibly leaving.

20. Sir

Sir New Member

There is a 4/3 linebacker that has no business still being around.