17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't see a mass exodus this year in the upper deck, its gonna take two non playoff years and next year being a 5-11 type season with no hope on the horizon. I don't believe that is the case entering the upcoming season. We are not a crappy team, at not least not yet.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

I don't have any idea, but some posters here have said such a mass exodus is occuring or has already occured

Oceans of Seats from Orlando, for one

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We're an 8-8 team right now. I guess it all depends on how much hype we can pump into next season again... more acquisitions, draft moves, free agents, etc. Atificially pump it up one more time. Get the blue sky going.

But I am thinking an exodus in the UD is more about dissatisfaction than anything else. Disastisfaction in the views and prices and distance, etc., not necessarily the product on the field.

But we've already lost many people up there in recent years despite being a playoff contender. So that tells me if it was difficult to retain those asses in those seats when we we've made playoff appearances the year prior, what happens this year after 8-8?

The pricing up there is F'ed up. And people up there don't want to spend money anymore on "Preseason Games," which are a joke now in the NFL. And add to that, most people already realized last year that the Jets were desperate to put people up there and wound up letting people cherry pick and/or buy remaining seasons WITHOUT purchasing the whle 10 games up front.

So I am thinking if that happened last year with a decent record, what happens this spring after 8-8? Don't you think many guys are going to say, "The hell with me paying up front for my 4 seats in Row 19 in the corner and them charging me for the Preseasons on top of that. I'm bailing and we can get any tickets we want either directly from the Jets or on StubHub and not have to buy the Preseasons."

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

I agree.

In fact that is step 3 of the three step plan for UDers

1. Upgrade to prime sidelines where the views don't suck even though it's still in the UD- better views, other issues remain, no PSLs

2. Upgrade to a minimal PSL and get out of the UD altogether for 4K with long term financing ( LLEZ or MezzB) -- improved access, no escalator problems, better views

3. Cherrypick either 8 games (no PSLs) or less than 8 games using stubhub and waiting until last minute for each game to try and snag below face value seats in the LL or Mezz for the roughly the same or maybe a bit more than current UD season ticket prices with preseason games -- or UD seats for those games through stubhub for about 2/3 face value including stubhub fees

the strangest part is that after two seasons of bickering, you and I pretty much agree on the plan

5. Section 227. Row 5

I still prefer bickering with anything you say. It gives me great pleasure.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

remember row one jet fan requesting this thread be closed and i openly apologize to him.... or when he said he might press charges for cyber bullying.. man this thread is my life on tgg.com.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha rojf was a treat! i remember when you came clean about your tour... i dont remember the exact situation but you were hiding something or not telling something. oh wasnt it supposed to only be for psl holders and you bitched and complained until they let you come check out your seats? jesus that was like 3 years ago.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

btw super bowl tix for giants pats going for $2500 cheapest on stubhub

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314--all I can say is that when I had season tix last year in my name---many of the people in my section were pissed and hated the view and said they were NOT coming back / renewing in 2011. I exchanged # 's with a few people that sat near me and know for a fact that THEY did give them up.

I know after I gave them up I received several calls from the Jets asking me to reconsider and renew. They offered me an UPGRADE which was a few rows up from where I was,,I said NO THANKS . I actually took a page out of 227 's playbook and told them I wanted MUCH better seats but I stray-- Point is why would they call me and e mail me "several " times to stay ? Were they being nice ? Did they really like me ? or was it that they were having such a hard time filling seats that they kept calling people like myself ? My guess is they had and will have a hard time selling uppers . Maybe I am wrong time will tell----

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days "
    :rofl2:

10. Section 227. Row 5

WTF is going on with this guy? What on earth is he doing over and over again that keeps getting him banned? If he keeps getting hit on the head with a lead pipe for infractions, sooner or later you would think he would get the idea. Unbelievable.

11. Section 227. Row 5

This thread makes being a Jets fan tolerable. I'm serious. I don't think I could take this shit if it weren't for the light-heartedness and fun we have in this thread. The rest is torture.

12. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

If anyone wants I have 4 tickets Section 126 row 20 seats 9-12. I am sure the Jets will let you do a payment plan on them since you are a season ticket holder already and I am only asking for face value 2500.

Keep me posted

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JERSEYBOY-- If I am reading your post correctly you want to get out of your psl all together,,if that is correct good luck with selling them and let us know how that goes.
    PS have you tried talking to the Jets and getting out of it,,,I am curious what they have told people like yourself ?

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days "

14. Jerseyboyisback

They wont let me! I even told them that they would make money on getting them back on 2500 and then selling for there new price of 4000. They said if they do it for me then others will want to do it.

Total bs. I have 8 but i dont want 8 its just alot for a 23 year old but im making money and covering the psl so no biggie.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Baloney, of course, and this isn't the real reason why they won't take them back. They know the market will not support $4000 if they were to offer it from them or anyone else. Hell, the market is having trouble supporting $2500 for them. And that was when we were playoff material. Now we're just a mediocre 8-8 team. $1000-$1200 sounds about right, given that by buying them, you are willingly agreeing to have your nuts placed in a wringer with Woody's hand on teh cranking mechanism. Sorry to say.

But it IS a biggie. A huge biggie. No 23-year old should be saddled with 8 PSL payments much less the mandatory Preseasons, and also subject to unmerciful, random, unforseen price increases at the sole discretion and whim of Woody Johnson.

At 23 this seems like meaningless, relatively inconsequential, "discretionary spending" which doesn't amount to much. In reality, a 23-year old should be preparing to enter the most productive years of his life, which includes not purchasing things that do not appreciate in value (like these PSLS) and instead putting hard-earned dollars toward things that do appreciate, like real estate, for example.

Sorry to sound too much like Suze Orman but you need to get another plan, "girlfriend." This is a loser, so dump all 8 as soon (even at a loss) as you can and cherry-pick off of StubHub if you really must attend. Then start puting your hard-earned dollars into a Roth IRA and take a look at some local Short Sales in real estate, as right now there are some UNBELIEVABLE BUYS out there that make buying a PSL look like bedding Rosie O'Donnell instead of Beyonce'.

Of coure the Jets don't want these freaking things back, and there's a very good reason.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"Of coure the Jets don't want these freaking things back, and there's a very good reason "

Don't tell the sg3 that,,,he will dance around it and tell you what a " good investment " they are ,,,and blah blah blah tell u how " his " economics work !

Jerseyboy keep us abreast and honestly best of luck with this----I have to agree with 227 ( again ) the Jets don't want em back,,,,they prefer you get rid of them yourself because they are having a hard enough time getting rid of what they still have. Maybe when sg3 comes back from being banned ( again )he might take them off your hands as they are such a "good investment " .

#13216 CBG, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  17. Jerseyboyisback

Thanks guys. Well see i bought 4 in row 20 than they called and said they had row 7 aisle but they wouldnt move me i needed to buy them so i did cause they were that good.

So far i am selling for a profit so it works out for now. Once they start sucking then ill be freaking out and bailing!

As long as i stay on 5 year plan if i sell my tix for 185 a game i break even with psl in 5 years and its paid for. If you do the 15 year plan its 155. So im not worried i have always sold for around 175-375 and 75 for preseason. So im gonna let it ride!

#13217 Jerseyboyisback, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Most people are like sheep. They don't think like this and they don't know what the Jets are thinking. They just mail there check every April. I think most people that hated the place left already or got upgraded and are now happy. This being year 3, its gonna be about the product. And the Giants being in the Super bowl and god forbid if they win, will put more pressure on Woody and crew to win. Rex can't go there wit the "S" word anymore, he would laughed at. No more talk, its about results, real results. If the Jets were a stock, I would sell all of it before its to late

19. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, and sorry for the Suze Orman "girlfriend" wise-crack. I know I come down a bit hard now and then.

But it looks like you are doing okay for now. I don't quite know what you mean by "bailing" if the Jets start to suck, as I am not in the ROJF camp that says that you can "walk away" from the PSLs without consequences.

If you are honestly covering your expenses so far, then that's better than not covering and having negative cash flow from this "investment." But it's still a far cry from what I would have advised you to do initially before you decided to buy the first one let alone double down on the 2nd.

I did the same doubling down, but I dod it in the Uppers where I knew I could truly bail without consequence. Then I used the doubles as leverage to get into UD Prime, so now I'm back to 4 again.

But this is all about choices as they relate to individual pocketbooks, so I probably have no business "advising" anyone specifically. My advice is adn has been mostly general and applies only to the average Jets fan thinking about purchasing.

Of course, the Jets are not about to buy these things back for obvious reasons. But the nmost shocking revelation about the prices of these things is the fact that they won't even entertain supporing a forum in which people could get together and transfer them from buyer to seller. That's because they fear repercussions and possible law suits and don;t want to be connected in any way to the losses they know are coming when people try to sell these things.

This will only sort out over time, when the market determines what the true reasonable price of these Jets PSLs (and tickets) are. The market will set those numbers and a lot will rely on what the Jets' record is and where they look like they're headed.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You are dead on about selling NYJ stock rather then buying NYJ stock. I bet right now if it was a public traded stock it would be so called lower ended penny stock :sad: