Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

Some rookies are immediate impact players, aren't they?

I even heard tell ...and for all I know it may be a myth without even a toehold in reality... that there was a rookie quarterback who came into the league and led his team to an AFC Championship Game... and then did it again the next year... something even the NY Giants haven't accomplished.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Here is the daily Peyton Manning Drama (aka: a news story about a non comment):

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescripti...er-the-options-if-he-is-released/Default.aspx

Manning's agent says "We'll consider the options if he is released

The somewhat strained relationship between Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning has a number of teams wondering what if Peyton is released. Of course the big question is Manning's health.

"I'm not in a very good place for healing," Manning told The Indianapolis Star this week, and Colts owner Jim Irsay shot back Thursday calling Manning a politician and that he preferred that the quarterback kept such comments "in the family."

According to Jarrett Bell of USA Today, when a New York writer asked Manning's agent Tom Condon about the chances about him ending up with New York, Condon said, "Peyton is under contract, If that changes, we'll consider the options."

3. Organized Chaos

Flacco put up better numbers this year, but I think Sanchez could easily be better than Flacco with the right supporting cast. I can't tell you how many times I saw Flacco miss Torry Smith deep this season, and back when Sanchez was throwing deep (pre 2011) he was pretty damn accurate on those throws.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Flacco has been better in the reg season and sanchez better in postseason, If Bal had postseason Sanchez they would have made at least 1-2 SBs the last 3 years. If we had reg season Flacco maybe we win one division title('09).

5. Organized Chaos

Yeah he's so selfish he sat down instead of fighting his coaches and GM for a perfect season.

As for how clutch he is, he's carried that team for years. We saw just how "talented" they were last season without him. The Pats without Brady went 11-5. The Colts without manning were lost.

The griping about the ring is hysterical too. Wah wah wah Peyton's ring was based on you guys? You haven't won since the 04 season (05 superbowl) and you think the AFC swings on what you do?

Somehow I doubt he cares about Brady. He's probably going to go where ever he has the best chance to win, get paid, and the organization is sound.

Who knows were his head is at. Maybe he'd rather have a ballsy coach like Rex than some pussies like the ones who sat him on the bench and ruined his shot at greatness a few years ago.

If I'm Manning I go to Arizona. Nice weather, somewhat talented team, with a great WR. Miami might be interesting to him too.

#705 Organized Chaos, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. Organized Chaos

He's have some nice weapons around him with Bush and Brandon Marshall. If the owner really wants an uptempo offense he should throw the kitchen sink at Manning to get him signed.

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Gotta love these hypothetical, "what if" scenarios.

You have absolutely no idea what Sanchez would have done on the Ravens or Flacco on the Jets.

All that is is your opinion, regardless of how flawed.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Dolphins sign Manning, I will say my prayers every night that they protect the right edge with an unproven rookie.

9. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

If it's Reiff, I won't be so nervous. They'll probably have to give him a bit of help as he gets used to the right side and the speed of the NFL, but he's going to be a solid tackle imo.

The thing that could throw a wrench in the works though is the possibility that the Phins switch over to a 4-3. That might make DE a bigger priority than RT.

#709 AJ Duhe, Jan 27, 2012
  10. nyjunc

Sanchez has been much better than Flacco in postseason, if they could have gotten Sanchez's production they would have made a SB.

11. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Sanchez would look better with the VLT in his hands wearing the Jets uniform, IMO. :rolleyes:

Dude, rookies make.....*gasp*...ROOKIE MISTAKES!

All it would take is one(just ONE) by your "immediate impact player"(as if) and you can kiss Manning's career as a Dolphin and as an NFL player GOODBYE.

#711 Braylon4ever, Jan 27, 2012
  12. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

A venison, lettuce and tomato sandwich where the venison is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe... they're so perky. I love that.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure Manning would get checked out by Miami's docs pretty thoroughly before any contract is signed.

13. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This.

He had a chance to get Leinart and did not. And from everything I have read, he like Leinart a lot more in college as a qb than he did Sanchez (albeit, I have not read a lot about it).

The guy wants to win. He isn't just recreating his old college team.

Sanchez, if he gets cut here, is going the Rex Grossman route. He will be be a 2nd stringer and will have to earn playing time again...

14. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

That raises an interesting question... On what teams, would Sanchez beat whoever is there to be the starter next season?

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Just like Drew Brees?

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

If Lee Evans hangs on to a perfect pass they go to the Super Bowl. Flacco played great in the AFCCG

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This is why I think it is ludicrous to say he is even a good qb.

Lets take a look:

AFC East:

Pats - No chance to beat Brady or Mallett out
    Dolphins - Would be competitive with Henne and Moore. Not with RG3 or Tanenhall
    Bills - No chance to beat out Fitzpatrick

AFC North:
    Steelers - Wont beat out the rapist.
    Ravens - Flacco gets the edge.
    Bengals - Dalton showed a lot of potential, so probably no.
    Browns - would probably beat out Colt.

AFC South:
    Texans - No chance to beat out Schaub
    Indy - No chance to beat out Luck or Manning.
    Jags - Would be a dog fight with Blaine
    Titans - Probably beats out Locker and Beck.

AFC West:
    Chargers - No
    Denver - Maybe. Not that much more accurate than Timmy.
    KC - No to either Cassel or Orton
    Oakland - No to Campbell or Palmer

NFC East:
    Dallas - No to Romo
    NYG - Eli clearly better
    Philly - No
    Redskins- wont beat out RG3

NFC North:
    Bears - No
    Packers - No to Flynn and Rodgers
    Lions - No to Stafford
    Vikes - Maybe can beat out Ponder

NFC South:
    Saints - Hell No
    Falcons - No
    Panthers - No
    Bucs - Probably

NFC West:
    Niners - No
    Seahawks - Yes, Jackson is garbage
    Rams - Probably not
    Cardinals - Probably

So, he might win a job in 5 places and there are people who wouldnt get rid of him for Manning. Hell, Kate Upton would get rid of him for Manning, but Jet fans wouldnt. You cant make it up.

18. nyjunc

He did play well this game but he was awful vs/ Pitt last year, he was awful vs. Indy 2 years ago and he was awful vs. Pitt in '08. If he played like he did at NE in those other games Baltimore would have been a SB team.

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This board is just one big LOL now a days..

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No doubt, he's played poorly in the Postseason prior to this season. I was just saying that he should be in the SB this year if that idiot Lee Evans doesn't drop a pass that couldn't have been placed any better.