Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I think today's results push the Jets FO to make a run at Manning. No matter who wins the SB it's bad for us. Giants win, NY is theres undisputedly, Woody is going to have to push us back in the spot light somehow and hold our share of the NY market. If the Patriots win, we need to improve enough to beat the potential SB champs. A run at Peyton is inevitable.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So you agree "enormous" was a ridiculously stupid adjective to use?

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wasn't the one that made the comparison, but since it was brought up I wanted to point out that Smith has a had a better year than Sanchez ever had. Also, the phrase, "Sanchez would be an enormous upgrade from Smith" was what made me comment.

That's absurd.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Didn't see that when I scanned the thread quickly.

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I would agree, this team needs a quality QB, Rex will fix the D this off season.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wonder if today affects the decision. What a nightmare, we need to win it all next year.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Oh it absolutely does. The Jets are gonna all out for Manning, write it down.

9. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

In what way do you think it would affect Peyton's decision?

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You think we feel bad ? In Florham park they are at DEFCON 5 ,,,it is beyond panic----expect moves--big moves-----I do --THEY can't help themselves.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Peyton? Lets see....

Eli is going to become Big Brother in 2 weeks in the building Peyton built and pass Peyton in rings, or Brady is going to win his 4th ring and be crowned the Greatest of all time in his building.

Peytons just as sick as we are. Im sure he will cheer for his brother, but how can he be the best if he doesnt even have the most rings in his family? If Eli wins a 2nd that will damage Peytons legacy like it or not. Eli will be the clutch brother and Peyton the choker.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

That's the whole point. If similar situations have happened before, why should you totally discount it happening again?

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Peyton will be at the game to. Hes going to have to watch Brady hoist up the trophy on his field or Eli hoist up the trophy and probably the winner gets the MVP to.

Tom Brady will be using Peytons locker they said...omg

#233 soxxx, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Will Peyton take a crap in it in anticipation of Brady's arrival?

15. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Bradwaysucks is actually Tanny.

16. Cruz Control

Cruz Control Banned

Tough Day to be a Jet Fan.......

Who do you root for in the Superbowl (that Rex Guaranteed) Big Brother or your Arch Rival?

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Anyone that thinks Sanchez could net a first round pick has got to be kidding me. If the Jets could trade Sanchez for a 1st round pick, you DO NOT turn that down. Too bad his value's probably somewhere around the 4th. Take off the green glasses and put on your regular ones to watch the football games. I swear, some of the bullshit that I read on this board is insane. A first?? Unbelievable.

You guys are ignoring the fact that Kolb wasn't making Sanchez money. You know someone has to pay him, right? He's signed through 2 more years. Jets probably eat one year, not the next. And Kolb was a relative unknown who, when he came in, had a propensity for 300+ yard games. Now, I know stats aren't all there is to it, but in evaluating a QB, they're going to be all the rage. Regardless, pointing to another team's ineptitude in evaluating talent doesn't mean history will repeat itself. Teams often learn from other teams' mistakes. The difference here is that other teams have a lot of game tape on Sanchez. They didn't have that with Kolb.

If it could clear the books faster, I would ABSOLUTELY trade Sanchez for almost anything. Could we win with him? Sure, why not? We got to two AFC CGs with him. But all that means to me is that we could probably win with any other lame duck QB in there, too. Negligible improvement in 3 years. I'm not sure what makes everyone give this kid such a long leash, but it gets annoying. You want to throw everyone else out the door in a New York minute, but Sanchez is the goddamn golden boy for life on this message board.

I want him to succeed as much as the next person, but I want this team to stop hiding the fact that he's more of a liability than an asset. As soon as they either realize that or miraculously turn Sanchez into a worthwhile starting QB, then they can start righting the ship. Until then, we sink or swim with Sanchez, and he's been more of a concrete block than a lifeboat lately.

If there's no better options out there, then there's no better options. Ride him out. But I just don't want this team wasting too much more time on a QB that's gone in 2 years anyway with this notion that he's definitively the future after showing no signs of improvement through his three year career yet.

18. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

The Giants. No question.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

As part of the trade from the Eagles, Kolb agreed to a five-year contract extension worth a maximum of $63.5 million with the Cardinals, with $21 million guaranteed, according to a league source.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wonder if the Cards could get Peyton then?