Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Hahah. Okay I'm going to stop arguing with you right here, we'll continue on later when you learn what a fact is. [Edit: misread]

Yes, because someone doesn't hate Sanchez like you, he must love him right?

Care to put a timeline on that bolded? I'd love to rub this in your face when you're wrong.

And what have you backed your thoughts up with other than just using the phrase "It's a fact!" after every statement?

I'm basing it's POSSIBLE he can get a 1st, based on the fact that Kevin fucking Kolb got a 2nd and a pretty decent CB.

#201 NYDeadEye, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I ain't a doctor but i have read prognosis of other doctors and experts who all echo that this is a very serious injury and it might be the last we see of peyton. I think he's got too much money and respect for his family to risk his life like that.

if he can't play he can be a player coach to help mark develop is what i meant. no disrespect meant to peyton.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

You honestly dont think Pete Carroll wouldnt throw a 1st rounder at Sanchez, or even a 2nd and a 4th? Like the above posts said, if a team is dumb enough to take a risk on Kolb and give the Eagles a 2nd and a Rodgers-Cromartie, why wouldnt we be able to get even a 2nd for a better, more proven QB? You dont think a QB needy team like the Redskins wouldnt give awayt their 2nd rounder with no chance of grabbing Luck or RG3?

You have no argument because the shit you’re typing is so pointless and makes absolutely no sense.

Go fuck yourself. Im no Sanchez hater like you, but Im not one to look over his shortcomings.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thank you, someone with actual knowledge.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sancchez has outperformed Palmer in the playoffs, and probably has a better record. Im not arguing sanchez is better, im just arguing that "he is a winner" is a bad set of criteria.

Because of his age and yearly improvement Sanchez can be viewed as a project with potential. He is not a failed qb like leaf, russel, etc.

I dont think you would get a first but a second isnt out of the question. Especially if it is someone with ties to him. Coaches and gms tend to overpay/give up too much for players they know.

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Almost a fact? Where do you come up with this stuff?

:rofl2:

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Almost a fact.

That's funny.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Because he has proven to be not worthy of a high draft pick. He finished ranked 30 out of a possible 34 QB's rated in QBR this year. At best, he's a game manager. No one will give up a first or second round pick for that. NOBODY.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Sanchez clearly buys a 1 on the trade market. The ability to play well consistently in the playoffs is one that about 10% of all QB's have. I'm thinking there are a half dozen teams right now that might play in the market for him if it opened up and of course if anybody is relocating to LA he becomes a major marketing piece as well.

10. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

What if your team doesnt even make it to the playoffs? Then what good is Mark, unless you have a great O line and rb's with a top 5 D Mark isnt worth a 1 on any day of the week.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Mark is absolutely worth a 1st or a 2nd + mid round pick EASILY.

Hes a young 3rd year QB, who has proven he can win, all the while being in a horrendous offensive system never having the same weapons.

Compare Sanchez to Ryan/Flacco/Bradford any of the young QBs in the nfl, and he doesnt look so bad.

Id say hes got an excellent chance of being a top 12 qb for years to come, and in the nfl that absolutely DEMANDS a good qb to be successful thats not too shabby.

12. Br4d

As an example: Sanchez would be an enormous upgrade for SF over Alex Smith.

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Enormous? Enormous? You can't believe that?

San Fran runs and plays defense. Basically the same offense the Jets ran in '09-10. Despite that, he threw for more than 3000 yards, had 17 TD's to 5 INT's (FIVE INT'S!!!!!), and a QB rating over 90.

His team went 13-3, won the division, received a first round bye, and is on the brink of the SB.

I'll even take Sanchez is "comparable to Smith". Tell me how Sanchez is an "enormous" upgrade. Please. This should be fun.

14. blackssmagic

I think that we see Mark the same, a Qb that needs a great O line and rb's with a top 5 D to win anything. He makes to many mistakes to be a game manager. He will not make his wideouts better as is the case with Brees , Rodgers, Big Ben, and that fag Brady....

Smith has looked like crap until this year, he will not be flashy but he will make the little throws and not make mistakes. I wouldn't and dont want either of them on this team...as sad is it is this team needs a Qb similar to Elie. Someone that help his team, not win and not lose, couple that with a top 5 D and we can win

15. Br4d

If Sanchez is comparable to Smith as a third year player imagine where he will be in his seventh season, which is where Smith is right now.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Two quick points. Smith is in his 7/8 year and got to play the NFC west where the best QB in that division to start the year was Kevin Kolb maybe? The winner of the NFC west last year went 7-9 also. The winner of the AFC East last year went 14-2. You are comparing a rookie's stats to a 7th year player.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

thank God Jets management doesn't read message boards

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Actually, Sanchez was ranked 23rd this year not 30th (from nfl.com).

You wouldn't think that Carson Parlmer (who ranked 16th in 2009 and 19th in 2010 QBR) would not have netted a first round draft choice, but he actually garnered multiple high picks. As other have mentioned, the Eagles got a second and DRC for Kolb. Both of these most recent transactions discount your opinion. So to say that there is no way that the Jets couldnt get a second is a stretch.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't know that Sanchez clearly buys a #1 rounder, but I think that if the Jets decided to trade Sanchez (not that I think they should) they could get at least a third and probably a second rounder. While his first two post-seasons have been impressive for a young guy, he really has to step up his regular season performance this year.

20. blackssmagic

Because Palmer netted high picks and Kolb netted DRC and a 2nd means nothing, there are idiot GM's in the NFL look at Millen. If Mark gets you a first then count our loses and get a decent Qb like Orton or Manning (if healthy) and press on.