Holmes I got your back...Maybe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

I can't help but wonder if #1 Jets Fan is actually Holmes himself or a relative of his posting here? :lol:

2. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Wow man stop defending Holmes. He sucked as a captain by quitting on the team. How hard is that to understand?

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh ok ill agree with everything u say. NOT

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I watched every single game. Tell me when a QB threw 2int in the same game to DL? I'm not saying it all Sanchez fault but it a lot on him.

5. Braylon4ever

Man...give it a rest, will you?

Nobody in this entire board except you likes Santonio Holmes right now. You're fighting a losing battle here.

He exposed himself for the malcontent he always has been....

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The only ones I can remember right off the top of my head is Dalton threw a pick to JJ Watt in the wildcard game they played. Wilfork picked off a qb early in the season. Two in one game I am not aware of.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

lol The guy threw two INTs to DL in one game. Does one game of that happening mean he's made a career of it? Eli Manning once threw 3 pick 6s in one game to the Vikings - does that make him a guy that is prone to pick 6s?

When there are thousands of plays a year, freaky stuff will happen. Sanchez certainly wasn't great this year, but give it a rest on the INTs to the DL.

8. Braylon4ever

I think he should give it a rest, PERIOD.

This Holmes worship is getting a little out of hand.

(and yes...so says the Braylon Edwards mark. :smile: )

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Oh but Holmes blows up in one game so that means he done it his whole career?

10. The_Darksider

Nobody said he did or didn't do anything his whole career. The debate is about whether or not he's selfish. You are the only one who says he's not.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm just speaking my opinion and replying back to people. If you don't like it stay out this thread. It that easy.

12. Braylon4ever

Thank you for the sound advice, professor.

So as I was saying : GIVE IT A REST!! [​IMG]

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Everybody looking on here to try and say Holmes is a cancer. I don't see it just because the dumb ass thing he did in philly and for blowing up in the miami game. How we don't know Sanchez didn't throw him the ball because of there beef?

14. The_Darksider

Everyone else here is riding you pretty hard, I'm going to be the one guy who tries to explain to you for real.

The things we've been talking about: his drug suspension (which in and of itself is a selfish thing as it costs the team his services for a portion of the year), his need to be noticed (the champagne bottle when he got his contract among other things), and pouting publicly when he doesn't get the ball - that's all selfish AND stupid. But the overall pattern points towards a guy who cares only about himself and what's in it for him. There's no arguing that - you say it's "stupid but not selfish" - either way it's negative. But in reality, he's stupid for being selfish. A selfish player makes a big deal about his QB because he's not getting the ball. You think if the team was winning, Sanchez was great and he wasn't getting the ball, he'd have kept his mouth shut? No way!!!

The Philly game was out and out selfishness, and yes, stupidity as well. When you fumble away 7 points when your team is driving, and then let a ball bounce off your hands that results in an interception, the reaction ofa team player is to buckle down and feel some embarrassment. That means, when a team player eventually scores when it's 28-3 to make it 28-9, the last thing he's thinking about is dancing in the face of the other team. He's thinking "ok, shit, I gave them 14, we're down 18, I need me a few more of those" on his way back to the sideline. But not Santonio. Not only does he make himself look like a complete idiot by dancing in that situation, he doesn't even think of the yardage it's going to cost his team on the kickoff.

Ok, I beat that to death, but I'm just trying to make you understand that in this type of situation, selfish and stupid are the same thing.

15. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Great post. He is a selfish player. The evidence you provided makes that clear.

16. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

is it fair to say rex encourages this type of behavior from holmes?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no question Holmes is a cancer on this team. His relationship with his QB was so toxic he was blowing off meetings at the end of the season.

If you went to work and told your manager to go fuck himself like that you'd be fired as soon as HR could process the papers and make sure that you'd actually done that.

The Jets should have benched Holmes for the Dolphin game as soon as that little incident got reported. That's a failure on Rex and Schotty's part to take effective action against a piece in the puzzle that has suddenly become all jagged edges and has no fit left in the picture.

If Holmes is still on this team after the draft that's the Jet's fault and we'll all regret it before things finish. Selfish players who cannot work well with others are death for a team because they make everybody else just a little bit more like them every time they act out.

18. since83

since83 Member

Wow! It feels so good to see an intelligent response for once. Bravo! A thinking man.

19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Holmes is a scumbag. He threw everyone under the bus, and quit on his team. I would be more than happy to see him go. Captain? Yeah right.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Drew Brees last year against the browns. Both returned for TD's I believe. He did this in the SuperDome also.

Anyways, the argument was if Tone is selfish and I think it is clearly evident he is when he cost the team 15 yards when we were down big. He also did this after letting a catchable pass go through his hands for a pick and fumbling when he was targeted to start the game.

Saying all that, it doesn't mean he cannot change. They wanted to get him out of Pitt which they did, and then he did really good for us in 10-11. He and Mark seemed on the same page and nobody could stop those slant passes. This year, as things spiraled out of control and we finished 8-8, he threw the O line under the bus in the media and then quit on his team (he was supposedly pulled for running lack luster routes). Again, he could be upset because Sanchez wasn't getting him the ball enough, but that is never a reason to quit or not try. A lot of receivers don't catch passes from their QB's and they still run good, hard routes. He has a right to be upset, but he went about it the wrong way throwing his o line under bus, not going to QB/WR meetings, and quitting.

#140 displacedfan, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012