Holmes I got your back...Maybe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

No you cannot blame all of that on the OL. Remember I mentioned Schotty? There you go.

I truly believe Mark was so confused with the play-calling and its schemes that he was unsure where his receivers were headed and what routes they were running which may have led to him holding onto the ball too long and/or making mistakes when throwing the ball.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

3. Braylon4ever

LOL! Nice logic. :)

If that's the case, then I fully expect a bust-out year for Mark in Year 4.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

So....there are offensive plays in which Holmes is not involved? The only way that's possible is if they're plays that have him on the sideline, and I don't think there are many of those.

Either way I'm on Homes' side for the most part. I don't think he did things all the right way but he's a better player than Sanchez and he can help the team more. He probably owes a few apologies, however.

#104 Jtuds, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. Braylon4ever

Only a few? :rolleyes:

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Dude if u think Holmes is not a "talented" receiver u know nothing about football.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Maybe it had something to with him already suspended for 4 games plus he 1 failed drug test away from getting a year out of the NFL just may had something to do with it. How many clubs are going to give up a high draft pick to get a guy facing that?

8. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Isn't caring more about getting high than helping your team win selfish? Seems so to me.

Stop defending Holmes. He is wrong according to everybody except you and himself.

9. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Holmes should really be our go to guy, the frustrations of him not being that obviously affect him

10. Braylon4ever

My bad.

I meant to say he's a talented #2 RECEIVER.

Happy? :rolleyes:

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm not saying he didn't do things wrong but to call him selfish is not right. Calling him selfish because he blew up in a game does not make u selfish.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What Holmes did in the Eagles game is pretty much the most selfish thing he could have done in a football game. What he did in the Fins game was just another instance of him caring more about himself than the team. You're blind. What are you his cousin or something?

The guy is a selfish punk.

13. Braylon4ever

Perhaps "#1 Jets Fan" should change his name to "#1 Holmes Fan". He certainly sounds like one.

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

lol. I see why us new York fans get the name we do. Most people on here think with there heart and not there head and ur one of them.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If I was "thinking with my heart" wouldn't I want him to be a good little teammate who just had a bad day? You make no sense.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

No thanking with ur heart means u don't like him so u bring up every little thing to make urself feel like he selfish. I respect a man like Holmes who has no problem telling somebody they suck and need to step up there game. Bottom line if Sanchez didn't suck this year we are in the playoffs. That all I care about as a fan.

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Like I said in another thread. Tony will dumb down the offense. Everthing will be OK.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

will he teach MS to not throw int's to the DL?

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

1. You did not watch a single game this year did you. Holmes' body language that of a little kid every single game. He throw his hands at Sanchez like "Get this guy out of here". There is no defending the way he acted. You want the ball tone then get your ass open instead of acting like a little effing kid.

2. I know you did not pay attention to this team this year because then you would realize that the O line was horrid and Mark had no time to do anything in the back field. Did you ever once think that the receivers could be the issue as well? If they don't get separation and Sanchez is under constant duress he is going to make bad throws. You act like he is the only qb in the league to throw an int to a linemen. It happens all the time.

3. Stop defending Holmes the dude is a lazy piece of garbage. When you have team mates telling the coaches during a game that they don't want you on the field with them, that is bad. A pro should never let his bad attitude get in the way of performing for the team. You upset about not getting the ball then work your ass that much harder don't fucking act like a baby on the field and hurt your team in the process.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A lot of jets sucked this year. Holmes was one of them. He was outperformed by a slightly above average TE with the same qb throwing to him. If you don't think what holmes did in philly or miami was selfish you have a much different definition of what the word means than what is in the dictionary.

When you hurt the team for the purpose of bringing attention to yourself, that is selfish. When you act out and don't give a good effort when the season is on the line because you're upset about not getting the ball enough that's selfish.

You want to tell someone to pickup there game, go ahead, that doesn't bother me. Just don't do it in the press like a bitch.