Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Definitely barking up the wrong tree with the assumption about Namath. junc can make a better anti-Namath argument than you can.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He didn't come out because Parcells wouldn't guarantee Peyton that he would draft him with the first overall pick. Peyton and Archie were sensitive about where Peyton would go (as we later saw play out with Eli). Archie gets along with Parcells, so the Mannings had no problem with Peyton going to the Jets, but they didn't want to see the pick traded to a 'loser' franchise like the Rams.

Parcells was also strangled by the Jets cap mismanagement in prior years, and might not have been able to even sign Manning along with the talent he felt he needed to rebuild.

The whole thing is funny in retrospect. While Manning was scared of going to a team like the Rams, the Rams went on to win a Superbowl a few years later with Kurt Warner.

If Parcells somehow decides to bet the farm on Manning by cutting half his team, then he gets a Manning/Chrebet/Keyshawn offense for years to come. They probably don't sign Curtis Martin. Once they're out of cap hell, the Jets would have probably been extremely competitive. Bill Belechick probably wouldn't have left. Etc, etc.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=529

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1541913

3. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

I think he is completely underestimating the impact a healthy Peyton Manning would have on the current Jets team. That's all. I am pretty sure he is one of the regular posters here that always talk about Mark Sanchez progression and how he is just a kid that is learning.

FOLLOW ME FOR 1 MINUTE HERE:

The Jets sign a healthy Peyton Manning who btw is 4 years younger then Favre was when he signed here.

Sanchez gets traded to some desperate team for a late first round pick and possibly a 3rd(thus eliminating the Salary cap issues)

A new RT or two are drafted with those picks as well as whatever the hell else you want with your remaining picks.

Mannings ability to throw long accurate lasers allow you to actually open up your running game as well as have something you haven't had in years...A BALANCED offense.

Pocket presence and situational awareness are HUGE in this game and even a 50% manning is far superior at both then a 100% Sanchez. And as a bonus, you get a QB that can read, understand, design, and implement the current playbook while adding to it.

The O line looks much worse than it actually is because Sanchez just takes way to long to throw, he very rarely throws it away, and he constantly forces the ball where he shouldn't resulting in stupid interceptions.

he is a one read QB that will NEVER be great. He just doesn't have the IT factor.

His Defense has carried him for 3 years now yet they get slammed when they give up a big play in a very close game. As an offense, you are SUPPOSED to put up points to A:) force your opponent into a specific play style and B:) give your damn defense workhorses a breather.

Even the 85 Bears gave up some huge plays once in a while.

Also, I like nyjunc, It just appears to me as he is one of the Sanchez supporters that see nothing wrong with Sanchez at all where I see the majority of the issues being Sanchez. The man is stupid and can not learn to play this position with the efficiency some of us expect him too.

#63 jb1095, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. Organized Chaos

There is no healthy Peyton Manning. This is what he had done.

[YOUTUBE]PsYyVtBph7E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yfSkOF_DAfA[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No relation, not friends I'm just a knowledegable football fan that doesn't sway in the wind. I saw a young QB help us get to 2 title games, as great as Peyton WAS it took him 6 years to win a playoff game and he had better talent around him. Would I take my chances w/ Peyton from 3-4 years ago? abolsutely, as much as I knock him I'd take my chances w/ him and this D BUT he is old for a QB and we don't know if he will ever be healthy again. Add in he never gave Indy a discount so why would he give u sone ao we'd have t pay through the roof for him PLUS take a huge cap hit w/ Sanchez. It doesn't make any sense.

Stick around here and you'll see how I view Namath, you don't have to sell me on him being overrated.

I do like Sanchez, I see a young guy who we can watch for the next 10 years. That is something we have never had in all my years watching the team. The closest we came was w/ O'Brien and Chad but both had career altering injuries. We have a touhg, young, winning QB who will get better as we build around him. I'm not throwing that away.

:lol:

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Looking back I wonder how many championships we could have won with Manning and Belichick at the helm.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Are you a doctor? Did you go to medical school?

Because if you are not, stop pretending like you have any clue what happens to someone who has had 3 neck surgeries. Because that shit gets old rather quickly.

If you are a doctor, you should still not talk about a patient that is not yours because you neither performed the surgeries, have seen the records, or anything else.

Iy you are Peyton Manning's doctor, can you please tell him to come here.

With that aside, bringing Manning here does not set the franchise back 5 years. That is lunacy. At most it sets us back a year, and that is considering the fact that the Jets are not drafting a qb in the 1st round this year. You better blieve Manning's contract will have a million outs and if he gets injured again, he will not be here for more than a year. But guess what, if Sanchez is so bad that they go out and get Manning (which is the implication you would have to draw), Sanchez was getting the boot next year anyway (because lets get serious, Sanchez is not turning into a top 10-15 qb by next year).

So, this 5 year talk is almost as proposterous as talking about medical conditions that you probably know little about.

8. nyjunc

Brdy gets most of the credit in NE and Peyton had ultra talenetd teams in Indy and only won one. I think our best shot woul dhave been '98 w/ Parcells and Peyton as a 2nd year QB(since he would have come out in '97) and maybe BP doesn't step down knowing he has a young, great QB?

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

That is actually a scary though. We might have 4/5.

And dont forget that if Belichick was here, Brady is probably bagging grocercies somewhere right now.

Fucking Peyton Manning screwed up the universe, and now he has to make it right by coming here and helping the fat man win a few rings..

10. nyjunc

:lol: Brady made BB not the other way around, just check BB's record w/ and w/o Brady.

4/5 and Brady bagging groeceries:rofl2:

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A) It wasn't the QB situation that made Belichick bolt to the Pats.

B) Parcells would have traded Manning to New Orleans if he had declared for the draft.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Not initially amigo. Initially it was the defense that won championships and carried Brady. After awhile the roles were reserved and Brady started to carry the defense.

If not for the defense, Brady and Belichick probably never get any rings and are no longer in the NFL.

13. nyjunc

Really? then why were they 5-11 in 2000 then started out 0-2 w/o him in 2001? Sure the D helped especially in '01 but they don't make the playoffs w/o BRady and Brady rescued that D after the D blew a 14 pt lead in the 4th qtr of the SB.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/07/25/chff.belichick/index.html

14. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Two words:

Tuck Rule

Oakland felt it and will never forget it.

15. Organized Chaos

I blame Parcells more than Manning. Manning was the best QB in the past 20 years, and Parcells didn't see that Manning would have been worth the extra season or two of losing...or even worse, Parcells wouldn't make a short term sacrifice for the good of the franchise.

16. JimmyLovesick

JimmyLovesick New Member

This will never happen...IMO. If Peyton can play the Colts will play him. What did Andrew Luck ever win?

17. Organized Chaos

No, but you have to figure by Peyton Manning year three Belichick would have come to the conclusion that his best chance to be successful would be to stay here.

Hell, maybe Leon Hess would have lived an extra year or two. :rofl2:

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Play him sure, but who will pay him ?

19. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He played at Stanford with limited talent around him and orchestrated top 10 team's. Sure, he might not have won the championship, but he didn't have like 20 new 5 star recruits every season to work with like they do at Alabama.

If you dont see that Luck is a special prospect and should start in the NFL from day 1, I just dont know how to explain it to you.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Brady cost Peyton rings, had Peyton come to NY, chances are no one even hears the name Brady. Peyton could have dominated the AFC by himself.