More from Woody (Article; not tweets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If there's one guy who belongs on the hot seat, if you had to pick only one guy, my vote would be Tanny. His fingers are on everything that is stinking right now. All over all of it.

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Funny Mark has been in the league 3 years and twice was a game from the super bowl but instead of that buying him time with the jets we look at a guy who was bad for 7 years and finally put it all together in the right system for a reason Mark to stick.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How can Woody really know how bad the locker room really was last time i checked Owners own the team they don't sit in the locker room during halftime and after games unless its the playoffs when they give game balls out

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I argree that Tanny should get the ax he got rid of all the leaders on this team including Marks entire WR core

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

OH GAWD NOOOOOH MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS! GET HIM AWWF MY TEAM. ANOTHAH YEAR OF HIM? BOOOOO.

Woody would be foolish to give up on a 3rd year QB who had a shit team around him and a coaching staff who couldn't color in between the lines if ya asked them.

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Yeah, Woody isn't dumb to be sticking with Sanchez. He's dumb to be sticking with Santonio. What a selfish, overrated malcontent. Chemistry matters people!

I know that when I'm playing a pick up game and one my friends starts yelling at me because I drop a ball or make a bad pass, it pisses me off, it doesn't help me play better. Santonio is just a me first guy, end of story. He's got to go. H

7. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Holmes is gone.

8. The GM

The GM New Member

No, mainly because Sanchez has been a game from the Super Bowl twice already.

9. TheGreenCantona

Alex smith reworked his contract to taking $4m per year the last 2 yrs instead of $12ish million.
    Mark is on what $15m a year?

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Shit team? Are you serious? If you think that was a shit team then you better get ready for about 10 more years of shit teams.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like each one of your posts is worse than the last.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Woody has to say something positive. He's aware of all the press concerning Jets this offseason. If he has any doubts on a player/coach/gm, he's not gonna air it publicly at this time.

Not saying he's lying but there's no point in trying to get a deep understanding from his quotes.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand the point and to some extent I am sure you are right. The problem is Woody came across as someone in denial. Saying something positive when all looks bad also does not sound credible or truthful.

Let's put it this way - other than the reference to Manning, Woody was pretty much sounding like staying pat with the team's overall situation is the way to go. Well, I don't know if he's right about that, on two levels. One is that I am hardly counting on the Jets NOT making any big moves now. Second, if they don't make any big moves, I am skeptical that is the way to go forward.

In other words, Woody was more or less lying, delusional or may prove right when right now all indications are that staying pat will not be the right approach.

And ftr he still needs to shitcan Tanny or at least demote him.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Johnson said it was “more of a gut feel” that “(Holmes) and Mark and the team will get back on the right page.”

My gut tells me this guy is saving face by doing damage control...That is all. Shit is bad.

15. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

You bolded the wrong part. Here you go:

Asked whether the Jets would pursue Peyton Manning if the future Hall of famer is available on the open market and healthy from his recent neck surgeries, Johnson said this:

“I’m not going to ever tell you guys what we may or may not do,” Johnson said. “My job is to – for the fans – take this team to the very top level. I’ve said that from the beginning. I have a lot of confidence that we can do it. So we’re going to look at everything. We’re going to look at every possibility.

That wasn't a "Mark isn't going anywhere despite what happens next season.", that was a "Mark might not even be around next season".

16. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Way to look at it in the most negative way possible there, "DirtySanchez" :wink:

We really can't tell what Woody is really thinking at this point.....but I believe it will be all moot since I don't foresee Peyton coming to the Jets regardless.

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The reality is owners don't come out and say that sort of thing unless they're willing to ditch their current QB. This isn't Oprah, it's not about being negative or positive...If you asked the Giants ownership if they were looking for another QB they wouldn't say "we’re going to look at everything. We’re going to look at every possibility."

I didn't think Peyton was coming, and I still don't. I think he will retire, and if he doesn't retire he would be nuts to come here after the shitshow at the end of this season.