Possibly Safety: Adrian Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HardHitta, Jan 18, 2012.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This. I would love for the Jets to bring back Jimmy for cheap, sign Landy, and then draft a Mark Barron. That would tell the Pats to go fuck themselves with their offense built around 2 TE's and a gay qb...

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Landry might demand a huge contract. We dont have the ability to provide one and still have a good team. Also, Mark Barron will be overdrafted, Id like him but hes not realistic for this team, nor any safety in this draft.

#22 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

If he was ever cut by the cards I would jump all over that. Adding that type of player in our secondary would help our defense immensely.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'd rather draft Rambo or Barron.

5. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Landry has achillies problems. I don't see a team paying big money long term for him. The achillies problems scare me but he's another guy that would be worth spending money on if healthy. I could almost see him having a Rodney Harrison type impact on a team like the jets.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

There is no doubt Landry is a risk but hes most likely going to show he is fine and I still think he will get a healthy contract. If we can bring him for cheaper than expected, sure Id love him, but right now we dont know what type of money he might command.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that A Wilson was more of an in-the-box, physical safety. If he's a cover safety, or doesn't struggle in coverage, I'd be down. It's clear that we need to bring in a good cover safety to combat the TE. I'd prefer to draft a guy or sign younger, but another body is another body.

#27 Jake, Jan 18, 2012
  8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If he can cover, how is he a "box" safety? Rotoworld contradicts itself.

#28 al_toon_88, Jan 18, 2012
  9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Because when a safety is manned with a TE/RB he is up in the box dictating the article It sounds redundant but... Safety manned up= Blitz package / Bump N Run

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Arizona had the same record as us and finished higher. If they’re in a rebuilding stage, then so are we. How can you honestly look at this roster and think that we are one cover safety away from being a SB contender?

This whole organization is at a HUGE low. Have you seen/heard all the shit circling around this team?... We have a long ways to go to be in the class of Elite teams as we were in 2009 and 2010, and one safety wont get us there. The types of people this organization put in the locker room is atrocious, and thats the number one thing that needs to be fixed.

Im just not sold on signing a 33 year old stop gap safety when we ourselves have to rebuild this team.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Having the same record as another team means shit (well maybe not shit but it doesnt mean everything).

Zona doesnt even know who their QB is going to be next year and they have the cushion of playing in the great nfc WEST division

We are an improved QB away from being a 12 win team, zona has so many other issues. Not to mention it seems pretty apparent that the 49ers "may" have a stronghold on that division the next couple of years and Arizona has 0 chance of a wildcard birth in the nfc so yeah theyre a rebuilding team.

#31 dcm1602, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  12. laxin

laxin Active Member

So much more must happen for us to be a 12 win team... We need a RT who can sustain a block, a OC that can call plays/gameplan/coach, a safety who is athletic and can cover, WR’s that arent douchebags and selfish asswholes, a MLB that is an everydown player, a passrusher or too, depth, a blocking TE and oh yeah, a group of players that act like a TEAM...the list goes on. And I know this is just naming all of the teams problems, and every team has problems, but Im sick of this win now bull shit. If we dont rebuild for the FUTURE, we are fucked.

I was really high on this team and hopeful for next season, but all this shit coming out (and I know it has to be taken for what its worth) just makes this whole organization’s outlook so disheartening.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Let me impart this piece of wisdom to you all:

Build your team through free agency. Your team will be forever destined to play 8-8 football.

14. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. Those FA players could be around 2-3 years but then we have to do it again teach others the system. If we actually manage to draft solid picks THROUGHOUT the draft not just in the first 2 rounds. We can be set for longer. We need more than just the CORE 4

15. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Before you go crazy you should know a few things about pro football focus before you take any of their "ratings" seriously. This is a site run by a group of British football geeks. They pride themselves in rating every play and every player. I applaud their effort.

HOWEVER you have to know that the person who is doing the rating is just a fan like you, who is trying to make a judgement based on watching the network feed (not the coaches tapes). So not only can't he often see what's happening in the secondary, he has no idea what the coverage is or the individual responsibilities. To say that the results can flawed is an understatement It kills me when Pro Football Focus is referenced because their results can be so arbitrary.

Now it could be that Adrian Wilson is an excellent coverage S, but before I signed him, I'd check out the coaches tapes to actually see if its true.

BTW - if you are looking for a REAL top flight safety, I'd focus on Dashon Goldson - Now THAT is a safety

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hear you on continutiy.

My thinking is lets say we have 5-6 dire 'must need upgrage' poistions to fill but we only have 2, maybe 3 draft pics (1st, 2nd, maybe 3rd) that can possibly fill 2 or 3 of these holes. Fine, bring in these 2-3 starters from the draft, train them right, and let them grow on the team over the next 10 yrs.

But the other 2-3 holes? fill with a one year vet who's still good at what he does, then replace THOSE vets in next years draft.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...continuing: SO which holes do we fill from the draft, and which do we fill from Vets?

I'd say let the draft make that decision as much as possible since these are the player's you're going to have around 8-10 years. If this draft class is loaded with Receivers, then plan on filling that hole in the draft.

If next year's draft should be loaded with right tackles, then wait till next year for that young stud and bring in a 1-2 year vet still 'capable' for right now.

that's all.

18. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

No way Arizona gets rid of Adrian. He is the leader of their defense and Kevin Kolb OR Larry Fitzgerald would easily move around some money to keep him on the team. I wonder if Kerry becomes available, if Jets bring him back? Both Adrian and Kerry's contracts are up next year, meaning they're both renegotiating now.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We should have never got rid of Kerry Rhodes. Oh and no to Wilson let's build through the draft.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Kerry Rhodes fucking sucks.

Plus, he is an asshole.