Holmes I got your back...Maybe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm getting so tired of people blaming Holmes and not knowing what really going on. Let break down what we know. That meeting Sanchez had with QB and WR's. All we heard is that Holmes said "what I'm I even doing here". Why did Holmes say that? It sounds to me that there where talking plays and Holmes was not involved in any of them. If that the case could u blame him? He is our #1 wideout. Plus I would like to know what Holmes said in the huddle for Hunter to say what he said. Plus Wayne fucking Hunter of all people had the nerve to say anything as bad as he played this year. All I keep hearing is shit in this offseason being said about Sanchez not Holmes,but people on here are dogging Holmes. Please show me one piece where people are calling Holmes selfish? Maybe Holmes is just like most Jets fans and tired of Sanchez and all the turnovers.

#1 #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  2. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Holmes called out the o-line and had a back and forth with Moore which was poorly done, but that wasn't the worst. After the Miami game, LT was calling out Holmes big time, not Hunter, not anybody else. In the huddle, Hunter said something along the lines of "If you don't want to play then get the **** out," and for the record you don't have to be a star player to call out somebody who's pouting and dogging it. From what LT said particularly after the week 17 game, along with everything else, it seems pretty clear Holmes is a problem in the lockerroom.

Holmes may have some excuses for being upset, but not for the way he's acted this season. Especially after being named a captain. There's a reason we got him for a 5th round pick after he was a SB MVP, and I don't think it's just the pot.

Edit: Meant week 17 not 16.

#2 Bob Robbins, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Yes Hunter had a bad year but if a pos like Holmes is mouthing of to your qb then what Hunter did was absolutely correct.
    I think Holmes and Sanchez will get it right next year. However there is no way a player makes himself more important than the team by embarrassing the whole team during a game.

Also you want proof? Are you his lawyer? Detective working on a case. This is football and jerks like holmes do act up.

4. azhar80

Holmes is a captain? Plz... Couldn't tell from his actions.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

What did LT say about Holmes after the Miami game?

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Let see a captain is suppose to keep his mouth shut?

7. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york-jets/2012/1/2/2676210/santonio-holmes-new-york-jets-ladainian-tomlinson

"It’s tough for guys to follow a captain that kind of behaves in that manner," Tomlinson said. "You're a captain, guys looking at you. You've got to lead by example. You've got to play your tail off until the last play. And when that doesn’t happen, you will have guys look at you in the way that captains shouldn’t be looked at. You should always put yourself out there as a leader."

The link also has a bit more asking him what went down in the huddle.

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

It's a fine line. I feel like Captains should have the ability to say to a team mate..look...you're fucking up, work on your game and step it up. Obviously it needs to be more delicate than that, otherwise you wind up in this mess.

That's why I like player voted captains. I don't mind Holmes telling Hunter he's doing an awful job, but I'm sure the manner he did it in wasn't articulate by any means and probably offensive.

9. azhar80

How abt lead by example, play til the end, not show up your own teammates... How abt those qualities?

Leaders/captain can talk, but how and when they talk is big. Its obvious Homes should not have been a captain. Offensive caps should have been Sanchez, Mangold, and Tomlinson (maybe Moore).

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I like LT but didn't he bad mouth the Chargers when he left? Plus a few players bad mouth him?

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Is it ok for a captain to get into it with a coach?

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That's exactly what a captain should do.

It should be done behind closed doors not in a post game rant to the media.

13. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Yeah I think that may have been the case, which you could maybe compare to his latest comments (last few days). But his comments after the Miami game weren't exactly out of line to me due to Holmes' actions in that game, and his comments were backed up by Holmes being benched.

Like I said earlier though, I think Holmes is just kind of a drama guy. I don't know if it's just about the money with him, but he seems like a "Me" player moreso than a team player based on what I've seen/heard this season. And I feel like I haven't seen many players back him up as much as they have Sanchez (when Holmes was taking heat vs. Sanchez's "anonymous" heat).

It's definitely a sticky situation. Hopefully these things can be worked out but I guess only time will tell. The conflict appears to be pretty serious though and unfortunately it seems likely Sanchez isn't the only one who has a problem with Holmes.

#13 Bob Robbins, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  14. azhar80

Last time I checked the topic was Holmes and his leadership...
    By asking a question that does not relate to the above changes the subject therefore lets me believe you are trying too hard to defend Holmes.

For the record I do want Holmes to return, and think he has great physical skill, not so much mental...

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All I heard is people saying Sanchez is not lazy. Besides Mangold and Rex nobody really sounds like they have faith in him. I never heard Holmes was a selfish player when he was with the Steelers or Ohio St. So I don't believe a guy just becomes that now.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Last time I checked it was also how a captain should act.

17. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

You may not have heard that because they probably had a more controlled lockerroom than what we have now. I feel the need to ask again, why would they trade a SB MVP wide receiver for a 5th round draft pick unless there was a key downside to him? Again, I don't think it was just the off-field stuff. And when you combine that with the stuff floating around this season, it seems clear.

18. azhar80

Ok fine, so Holmes acted like a Captain by showing up they offensive line earlier in the year, he makes a scene in the huddle and embarrasses the team as we fight for the playoffs? Its so bad we are still talking abt it!
    Why do you think they benched Holmes in the last game? It def was not bcuz of his physical talent...

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I don't buy that because that locker room ur talking about is the same one that didn't like Big Ben they said he was a asshole and never wanted to hang out with teammates. The only reason they got rid of him was because they had a few other Damn good wr's.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This moron quit on his own team. As a captain, notwithstanding. If you don't see what this means, you are moron too.