17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that your answers were all company line -------I just have 2 questions about your survey if I may.

1 ) did you have your green and white pom poms in hand while filling it out :)

and

2 ) did you really circle choice D for all your answers ? The one that said "everything is great , I could not be happier that I spent thou$ands on my $eats ,I luv the new stadium and would not change a thing about it and I would not object at all if you raised my ticket price$ as you guys are doing such a bang up job in Jetville " :lol:

In keeping with the thread did anyone else get this lovely survey and if so how in any way did it vary from last years ?

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

The Jaguars game they had the $15 military seats. I had a friend who got tickets that way and snuck into lower level seats. As a result a lot of people flipped tickets for $30 on stubhub or at least that's how I felt because every seat around me was going for $28 the week before the game. Yes I know the Jaguars stink but temps in the 60s/70s and nice weather I wasn't expecting that. Put me in an akward situation since I had sold my 2 extras to friends at face. I go every week but on occasion my dad or sister misses a game.

I know in reality there probably won't be a price reduction. I'll just be happy with moving into a single digit row on the aisle in 346. If not I'll be done. I only want to pay for what I find ideal. I know that being in a higher row I'm being ripped off when I see the prices on stubhub each week.

The reason I felt that filling it up with season ticket holders and having lower prices would reduce sales staff is because of how it was in the old stadium. There really wasn't a sales staff. Just some customer service people but tickets were just renewed or new people were called off the list. Now prices have gone so high in the upper deck and the quality is far worse.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

There were some rows near me with 15 seats for sale. We all know that a broker isn't crazy enough to buy a block of 15 seats and list them on stubhub.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just wondering how was yours worded? I know in the 300 level we were all asked if we would renew or recommend 300 level seats to friends. For PSLers I can't imagine them saying do you plan on defaulting on your payment.

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

didn't ask about renewing because PSL holders are contractually required to do so. Captive audience. Asked if we were happy or unhappy with our seats, our client representative and which things we most would like improved -- security, concessions, more bar areas with all-access like the Captain Morgan etc,

My suggestion was that they adopt the policy used at MSG and other NY venues of holding traffic at the top of entrance gates (tunnels or tops of sections) until their is a break in the action in order to reduce annoying aisle congestion during game play involving fans traipsing to and from beer and urination breaks.

Fortunately, I deliberately chose seats far enough from the aisle to reduce this annoyance but I know it is a huge pain for those folks with aisle or close to aisle seats and something that other venues have their ushers control

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's a good one SG3. People are jerks, 3rd and 1, they can't wait till the play ends, they gotta enter the row as the ball is being snapped. You need rules because people are rude and clueless to there surroundings.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

pros of the 300 level
    no psl

cons of the 300 level
    orange parking $15 is too far (yellow parking $25 which i think our tailgate is moving to)
    3 different escalators up to the 300's
    very congested escalators
    tighter concourses in the endzones ($95 cheap seats)
    bathroom is 8 sections to mid endzone and i still havent found it in the other direction
    stairs for our convience is steep unsafe for elderly or children
    very high up
    pushed back from field
    never get the same people around me.
    too many opposing fans
    too many drunks rude obnoxious fans
    overpriced

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

btw jets fucked themselves by not making the uppers a $1000 psl

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 ,,,,,,,,,,,I know Brokers that have seats :)

Those 15 in a row most likely are unsold --------but I could be mistaken

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A ----very valid points and I could not agree with you more about the $1000 psl's upstairs for the Giants. Woody and the Jets must be kicking themselves that they did not do this ,,,,,,,,, I would have ponied up the ------$ 4000 without hesitation .Hell a few yrs ago I had 8 seats and would have done it for all 8 but I stray---> Thank God I did not have to do this and was able to walk away without a hitch---->:lol:

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

if I were an UD STH not in the first four prime rows, I would use a three step approach to improving my situation.

First

I would see if I could get upgraded down to the first four prime rows. This is the only place in the upper deck worth watching a game from, still has no PSL and, while it still doesn't do anything about all the other cons of the upper tier, it at least provides a decent game view with no PSL for those who are committed in principle to no PSL

Second, if that upgrade is not available, (and if I were not as committed by principle to no PSLs) I'd explore with the reps an upgrade to LLEZ or Mezz B seats (4K PSLS) or for only an extra thou, Mezz A or LL Corner seats (5K PSLs). This eliminates ALL the cons of the Upper tier and provides a STH with a very good game view and easy access. It is possible that there are some of these low priced seats available now due to defaults, deaths, moves, job losses, et al and probably some more will come do in April-May when season tickets have to get paid for by contract. Obviously there is a PSL cost to deal with but with whatever longterm financing is available the annual amortizations are relatively minimal and, believe it or not, the value could increase as it has in every single other venue where PSLs were required.

Third

If neither of these options are available, I think it is a no brainer to not renew your upper deck seats. In the current economic environment, you can save a lot of money because you can easily find equally bad upper deck seats for something in the 55-65 dollar a game range, eliminate paying for preseason games and even cherrypick a game or two in decent LL or Mezz seats for not much more than face value for the really awful matchups -- like last years Chiefs and Jags games. You eliminate the preseason, get cheap UD seats for 6 decent matchups and better LL or Mezz seats for 2 crappy matchups and you still pay less than your UD EZ Season ticket.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was thinking that the other day when this discussion began as well. This has to be a HUGE regret, things being what they are.

Obviously they were clueless that the "upper deck experience" would be as bad as it is. Since they have the right to declare these seats as PSL seats at any time, I wonder if they'll wait for the next "good" season and take a shot at it - so they'll lock in at least half of these seats long-term.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Of course they regret it. Looking back it's crystal clear to me that they were so focussed on revenue from fancy new private suites and the clubs that they completely ignored everything else like escalators, ramps, setback distance of the upper deck, etc...

They should have at least realized what an inferior product they built and tried to lock in people to a $1000 PSL before they all walked away free and clear. Now they can struggle to fill the place forever

14. sg3

sg3 Banned

damn those damn greedy Jets for NOT imposing a license fee on 27500 season ticket holders. Damn greedy Woody, damn you

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

As a Jets Season Ticket Holder, you are invited to an exclusive conference call with
    GM Mike Tannenbaum and Head Coach Rex Ryan - Friday, January 20 at 12:30PM

NICE

#13155 sg3, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So I should give up my seats at the 30 yd line because I am sitting row 8, not row 4? Come on man, don't tell UD's what to do. We are well aware where to draw the line. I would rather sit in row 8 at the 30 then row 4 at the 45 and pay more $. I am not giving these SOB's one more cent then I have to. And boy is Woody gonna knock himself for no charging us 1k for a PSL, I would have paid it gladly. Now I am free, free as a bird.... or CBG

#13156 sec314, Jan 19, 2012
  17. sg3

sg3 Banned

everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Mine was merely a plan for those in the upper deck with seats they hate, toilets that are inadequate, hundreds of stairs to access and soaked in the rain concourses.

Your row 8 seats are, I'll admit, fine. My original choice was also in row 8 upper but then I got to see them with the handicapped area railings in front of me. Probably would have stayed right there (despite all the cons) had I known that they were to receive State approval to substantially reduce handicapped seating and remove those railings.

For those in the sidelines, row 15 and up and everyone in the endzones, I think my three step approach is a good one.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would have not taken row 8 if there was a railing. The bathrooms are right behind me as is the stairs for UD's only. I am out in 5 min. I am very happy where I am. I am the minority thanks to 227 who pushed me to call the Jets and play my hand. I was very unhappy in year 1 in the corner far away from the bathroom even thought I had row 10

#13158 sec314, Jan 19, 2012
  19. sg3

sg3 Banned

I think that is great. My plan of attack is based on the complaints I have been reading here for a long time from UD season ticket holders. I will be happy to amend the FIRST step to improving your location to "sidelines first 10 rows" from "upper deck prime first four rows"

And that (like 227 told you) is the first step if you want to stay in the non-PSL areas.

Step 2 was only for those who are willing to get involved with licenses and step 3 is almost a requirement in my opinion if you can't get your seats moved to better ones such as you have

20. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Woody Johnson will not raise ticket prices for next season, he just said this during a radio interview.