17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBJ

This message is hidden because CBJ is permanently and forever on your ignore list.

#13121 sg3, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 nice job---what you said was on the money. I will be shocked if they do not contact you, they have to people are going to bail out again in droves :sad:,

Just be prepared for their BS , hopefully you get a halfway decent person to deal with but in my experience I had reps tell me I was "misinformed" or "had it wrong" " misunderstood " when I had friends and relatives getting MUCH better offers on seat locations than me. Play hard ball with them because regardless of what the rah rah crowd preaches you have them behind the 8 ball ,it's not the other way around. If you are not happy with what they offer you walk--I promise you can do better and be happy with your choice :beer:

Believe none of what guys like sg3 posts--and all of what guys like 227,,,17A and the others have said----> best of luck

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBJ

This message is hidden because CBJ is permanently and forever on your ignore list.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

getting as many people as possible to take the time out to fill out the survey and people just simply not renewing and telling them about it are really the only things everyone can do to get things fixed... of course they wont be able to fix the actual stadium but there is a possibliity they will make things a little better.

let me say this, whatever improvements the stadium gets will be before the superbowl. after that i dont see them caring at that point.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat I am not sure what they can / will do to improve this place ? I mean they did surveys and got calls last year and from what I was told there was zero if any difference upstairs THIS YEAR----I myself was not up there at all this year so maybe someone can add or correct me if they saw any changes up there ? My point is I am not sure how they can change it when they spent a billion and a half dollar$ on this mess and still managed to f*&k it up----simply amazing and sad :sad:

#13125 CBG, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if they would simply put express escalators up to the uppper level i think that would be a HUGE improvement. i would imagine they would need to put them on the outside of the futuristic building but really who gives a fuck what the outside looks like.

that is probably the most consistent complaint i hear about.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

Drop the prices and I'll live with it. The Jets raised upper level prices by $20-$40 in the new stadium with worse sightlines, worse fan behavior, and inconvenience getting to the upper level. If anything prices shold have been DROPPED by $20-$40. I sat in 337 in the old stadium paid $75 a ticket and never had a complaint. In the new place things are worse and I know pay $95. If they had been dropped by $20 and were now $55 I'd have no reason to piss and moan because at least I'm paying less money for less quality.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Price drop would definitely ease my pain

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

no increases last year and probably none this year

and no PSLs

the UD has already been getting preferential treatment for two seasons

why drop prices when the entire upper can be sold out without the expenditure of overhead at existing prices using ticketmaster to handle all the transaction costs??

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

just a quick disclaimer before anybody goes nutso

IT IS MY HOPE that Upper Tier season ticket holders will be rewarded with that price drop

I just don't think it's going to happen, given that the Jets have been able to sell it out at current prices and do so without the expenditure of much in the way of costs by using Ticketmaster.

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

After the Giants win the Super Bowl, Woody won't have the courage to raise ticket prices even PSL seats.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

knock knock

whos there ?

sg3

sg3 who ?

sg3 , the guy that keeps saying hilarious stuff like this :)

"I just don't think it's going to happen, given that the Jets have been able to sell it out at current prices and do so without the expenditure of much in the way of costs by using Ticketmaster." :lol:

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

The jets will give in to the upper tier sth again

#13133 17a_tailgater, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  14. sg3

sg3 Banned

BESTEST decision EVER

CBJ

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've heard from people who I know well that the Jets (former Jets employees) sell tickets thru stubhub. You may not believe me so I won't argue with you on it but I will discuss the ticketmaster way of doing it. The time and effort the Jets spend to put all the unsold tickets on ticketmaster, the promotions they run ($65 plum benefits, $15 military seats), plus not being able to sell the preseason games would make more sense for the Jets to find a way to sell out the upper deck to full season ticket holders. I know having my ticket price go from $95 to $55 won't happen but to take my $95 ticket and bring it to $80 is something that might make sense for the Jets to do. Also I feel that if you keep a place with season ticketholders you have less fights break out since you have more fans come on a regular basis who know each other and are more courteous to each other which means happier fans.

Also based on stubhub this past year half the games sold for $30-$55 (Jaguars, Dolphins, Bill, Chiefs) Dallas and the Giants sold for big money. New England and San Diego for slightly over face.

I know you're happy with the lower level and you feel your experience has improved so in your mind you can justify price increases. For myself the experience has declined and in my mind I think I got a $20 price hike from the old place for a far less enjoyable experience.

By no means is this meant to be an argument. Just giving the perspective of someone sitting in the upper deck.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

I agree with you completely. If I had made the mistake of staying in the UD as I originally was going to do (until February 2010 when I got to sit in my seats and saw just how horrible they were) I too would be desiring to have price reductions. In fact, I'd be happy with a price reduction for my current Lower Level seats too.

But, I don't think it is happening, I may be wrong, but I don't think there were any military discount seats sold in 2011 and I don't know how those other discounts worked but it seems to me that they were quite happy to be able to sell out most of the UD using ticketmaster, first as season tickets and then as individual game tickets and all of those sales were at face value from what I saw.

My point on this is only that if they can sell out or nearly sell out the upper deck seats using TM and save on having to employ a sales force and a ticket office staff to do it. they are probably happy enough with UD sales to continue the current pricing structure.

I could be wrong and there could be a reduction. I hope it happens for you and all those in the upper tier. I'm only expressing my opinion that it probably won't happen

And like you said, I'm not trying to have an argument with you or anybody. After all, this is called a discussion forum and can be a good source of information when used properly

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 nice job / good post :beer:

Stubhub and however else they can UNLOAD em or get rid of them , they have tried and will continue to try. Best of luck to them next year , they will need it . If I still had them ( season tickets ) I would walk away again without even blinking----as you said you or I can sit in the same seats upstairs for half the price if not less,,,it's a slam dunk .Regardless if it is the Jets ( who it is :) ) or ticket holders,or brokers,,there are OCEANS of seats available on line .

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I can't see them lowering ANY prices by a significant amount. Especially if the Giants keep the run going, get to the Super Bowl and raise their upper deck prices.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not paying my bill on time. I am pissed that they let the Giants win and now they are 1 game away from going to the Bowl.... and trust me, they are going. I hope Woody and Rex choke on Buffalo Wings watching the game on Sunday. I am serious, I am not mailing them shit until they beg. I am sick of being a loser!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this feeling.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

got my PSL seat survey today and sent it in