Namath critical of Sparano...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlueDevil73, Jan 12, 2012.

1. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

amazing...everybody is the problem but the fat guy with the big mouth

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Question for you :

Are you a Jets fan?

'cause you sure as hell talk like you root for another team and yet signed up here just to sling shit.

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

He, as I, is a CRITICAL JETS fan,,,not a sheep fan....when terrible decisions are made im not going to be a supporter. I dont even think I watched a game when Coslett was coach...Im at that same point with Rex,,,he is sh*t and has a very low football IQ and is NO defensive genius.....that fat f*ck will never see another playoff game. id bet my left nut

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

GRNYT
    Banned

vCash: 400

thank you mods for this well deserved action

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Nick Saban would be a fool to hire shotty. Alabama won the last two Championships, the last one being a complete blowout.

Memo to Nick: If it ain't broke don't try to fix it!

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wrong. It has nothing to do with the hype. It has to do with how the team performed on the field. Playcalling was terrible last season, the offensive line was bad. We have already addressed the OC issue, and now Namath is whining because Rex gets more media attention than he does. He will die happy knowing that no other Jets QB has beat his record of 1 ring. Jets just need to prove him wrong already, so he can stop being so full of himself. Next year is the year of the SANCHIZE. No Schotty means QB will improve. It's statistically proven. If Schotty was around for another season it would be a real reason to be critical of management, but they did the right thing. I want to see the line fixed and Shonn Greene used properly. I think what the Jets saw in Sparano was how Reggie Bush turned his career around. I say its a good move.

#106 Barcs, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  7. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

1) Auburn won 2 years ago, not Alabama.

2) Alabama's OC took a head coaching job elsewhere, so they need to replace him one way or another.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

Don't know if there is anything to it but I heard a rumor on some media outlet that Fisher was considering hiring the Dunderhead as his OC on the Rams staff

9. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

If he is a "CRITICAL JETS FAN", why was his ass banned then? Yeah. :rolleyes:

Try selling that "snake-oil" to someone else, buddy.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

No professional football team has ever hired Joe Namath in a coaching capacity for, how many years, 45? Who cares what his opinion is? I am sick of reading his comments.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nobody is forcing you to read his comments. Just ignore them. The fact is that he has been correct in his assessment of this team and the idiots here only want to hear cheerleaders blowing smoke about how great the team is when the truth is that the team was medicocre and had serious flaws just like Namath said. So go right on with ignoring somebody who was absolutely correct in his critique. I'm sure you can find some idiot who will tell you everything is just peachy keen and wonderful.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Chad Pennington played for Sparano and thinks it's a good move. So that cancels out Namath.

*runs*

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is there such a thing as Retarded By Association?

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm surprised Jimmy Johnson had time to find our board and sign up an account. Actually, he has time.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You can dislike Namath all you want but the guy has said alot of things that were right on the money :sad:

16. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

It's interesting to see responses like this. The pure rage for a winning head coach who has put the jets back on the map borders on unreal. Also, kiss your left testical goodbye.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that Namath was being all that critical anyway. The thread title is an over exaggeration He's just saying that he doesn't like the hiring because Sparano doesn't have experience as an OC and he doesn't know what he will bring to the table. It's a valid point. I'm sure he was expecting the Jets to hire someone with a proven track record at OC.

18. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

I will take you up on that bet, and make this my sig to remind everyone.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

THIS year he did, because we had a bad season and he's always negative lol. Last year he ate crow. His opinions simple aren't relevant, they just reflect the SOJ negative mentality.

20. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

And done. See VVV