Top free agents for next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Keller is 6'2 and listed at 250. That is a pretty lean 250 if that listing is correct. Keller fills the Hernandez role while Cumberland fills the Gronkowski role. We are looking to imitate what the Pats are doing like usual, right?

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

currently jets are at $121M.

They can add 1 premier FA, or 2 mid-range ones.

I'd hope Jets grab RT and FS (Michael Griffin) or SS. If Braylon tags along cheap, that could help too but I don't count on that.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

They have some carry over from the cap space they had last year. so you can add about 7 mil to whatever cap space they would have at that figure. Projected cap i think is going to be about 125-128.

there are some cutable players like Eric Smith and Wayne Hunter that equate to about 5 mil, but when you factor in resigning pouha and what not, i think our cap situation is pretty dire this year.

it'll get better next year when Pace and Scott can be taken off the books. Those two contracts/cap hits are absolutely fucking us this offseason. When those 2 contracts were signed, you knew they were going to come back and bite us at some point.

If Sanchez is willing to restructure, and he should because if he doesn't get enough support his next contract might be as a backup, then we'll be in better shape. he's not worth what he's getting paid right now

#143 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

As for big free agent signings, I would want Michael Griffin and a right tackle. After that I would like minor moves for depth. Then plug up other holes in the draft. Tannenbaum better go back to his Mangini days when he was told by Mangini to acquire players with good character.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

A WR not mentioned here is Bowe from Kansas City. The Chiefs will probably franchise him though, but if he's on the market he would be a perfect opposite side receiver complimenting Holmes.

Nicks will probably take a home town discount to stay with the Saints, but if he tests the market I'd be game..he's one of the best and I think the sure fire guards will be gone by the time we draft this year.
    I think a more likely guard would be Grubbs, though probably too expensive..but then again I'm not anywhere near being a cap expert.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If Scheft is reporting him as available, then we best be giving him a look gives us a ton of flexibility on the OL being able to move Slauson literally all over the line if and or when needed.

#146 dcm1602, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Didn't think this would happen.

8. thegreatwayne80

id love love love laron landry. guy is one of the biggest most phyiscal safetys in the game when healthy.

9. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Who wouldn't, the guy is a physical specimen.

He will get a big pay day though and we need pass rush (just like we have since J. Abraham left) more than we do a safety.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How about Cliff Avril?

11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Just my thoughts

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I'm all for a G and a RT.

Just no more FA WRS, draft one.

13. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

You guys kill me. It makes zero sense imo to spend a lot of money in FA on a position that isn't a glaring need. Adding Nicks or another topflight OG would be a luxury this season, and besides in all likelihood, the Jets couldn't even begin to afford him. It's unrealistic and not the best way to use their FA $s.

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Saints have to franchise tag brees and then coltons will br a free agent. Hes a aboce ave wr big target but does have his drops

15. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I would like the JETS to go RB with Michael Bush or Safety Michael Griffin. In the draft grab 1 of the following: Courtney Upshaw (Alabama), Quinton Coples (North Carolina).

16. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

What are people's thoughts on Fred Davis, could possibly be had cheap due to substance abuse problems (similar situation to braylon coming out of cleveland) or is he more of a clone of Keller rather then a compliment

Plus there is a USC connection there for Sanchez !

17. jack handy

jack handy Member

Heard Brandon Lloyd was going to the Pats to be with his coach.

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware Tolbert was a FA. I'm a huge fan of the RB security blankets. LT was a good one for Mark but obviously lost a step playing at the latter end of his career. Tolbert in his prime could do wonders for Mark.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How much do you think Matt Flynn will go for in the open market?

The Jets need someone that can challenge Sanchez for the starting spot. Just because he was drafted high, doesn't mean the team can't yank him if he gets in an awful rut.

I'd love to bring in Flynn or someone like that if price isn't too high.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Unless we move Slauson to RT , then it makes sense.

But the question is whether hes a viable RT or not. Eitherway Moore only has 1 more season tops, so