Divisional Round discussion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cortes

Cortes New Member

Gloat or Gloat Not (Rage), there is no Try

btw I'm not trying to be all high and mighty about Patriots fans. Philly fans have a similar thing but tbh it's nowhere near as prominent. They also have a loud and influential Boston media that is always spreading hype (not to mention old red herrings and canards about a certain city's fanbase). They have an elite qb and have been dominant this last decade after being dormant for a very long time. It's inevitable the fanbase acts the way it does.

#461 Cortes, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

but what was the point in that :lol: ? A 3rd down punt by your QB was laughable and random. Would of been even more funny if someone would of went right up the middle and clock Brady and his fragile legs.

3. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I try to stay away from posting in most gameday threads on this forum, but it is one of three that I'm registered on, which is really my only reason for coming here. I like talking football and seeing outside opinions on some things. I try to avoid the trash talking usually.

For our fans that come here to gloat on days that don't involve the Jets, I don't get it either, its stupid. But, every fan base has their trolls, can't really change it.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I cant wait for brady to retire so we never have to hear from them again as they revert to being just A.N.Other team.

Most of these fans have only ever known what its like to have an elite QB and they still bitch like mad when they lose, it will be nice to see them try to come to terms with a meh QB like 80% of the league has to manage with.

5. Bill Belidouche

Tom Brady is unbelievable. The guy just knows how to win.

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I usually put my computer away during Patriots games, but I can understand why some Patriots fans would still come here. Forums like patsfans.com can be incredibly boring, even for a homerish Patriots fan. When I started reading a thread this past week and realized that posters were actually in agreement that B.B. had been "saving" Ochocinco for the playoffs, I just stopped reading altogether. A little bit of disagreement and controversy can be more fun than playing "Predict how many superbowls Brian Hoyer will win". I am sure some fans just come here to gloat, but that is not the only reason.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Williams has coached defenses that were putrid in the Saints last two playoff losses. He will go bye-bye for that.
    The Saints will have to fix the personnel too. The two outside linebackers aren't very good and the defensive linemen are a little underwhelming.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

From what I've read a couple of places, Williams was gonna go work for Fischer in St. Louis even before last night.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/13/fisher-rams/index.html

The Rams are also expected to add longtime Fisher friend Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/13/fisher-rams/index.html#ixzz1jXkP9Wu1

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, he'll almost certainly go there and probably finish his career there if he is in his 60s. Off the top of my head I don't know his age.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He looks older, and seems like he's been around forever, but he's 52.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Just realized home teams have been 6-0 in games in the playoffs so far. Hoping to see Ravens and Packers win so next week we get offense vs defense. Elite QB's and average to below average defenses vs great teams.

Also just realized I am pulling for a Harbaugh Super Bowl

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Man the Brothers Super Bowl would be crazy!

13. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

If jets were playing yesterday against the Pats, We would have knocked them out of the playoff again.

14. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

This past season's Jets? I think thats a little homerish bro.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

After the game I re-watched our divisional game from last year on NFL Replay, it was good therapy. Nice segue too, Nance and Simms, same setting. Biggest difference was pressure on Brady, caused the Harris INT, held them to a FG after Crumpler dropped a TD. Our passing game was great, Sanchez directing traffic and making big throws. For all the people who want to kill him right now, go back and look at that game.

Looking at it brought up two points for me. First, we need to get the kind of pass rusher Shaun Ellis was in that game. Of course that was his last gasp personally, but that has to be a top priority with the Pats in our division. Also, we need to get guys who Rex can use to cover their tight ends. All tight ends but especially the two they have. They're not going away any time soon, we need to get guys who can stop them if we're ever going to win the division.

16. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Yup, you can't help but feel bad for Drew Brees. He led the Saints back from 17 down, then from two deficits in the last 3 minutes, and his defense couldn't even slow down Alex fucking Smith for him.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Are you fucking high?

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets were playing yesterday against the Pats, it would mean they didn't suck so badly this season. But they did, so your post is useless and typical homer crap.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Go Ravens. I have no faith that Houston can beat NE.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

This. No more shitty qb's against Brady. And the Ravens defense can at least stop them a little...