Top free agents for next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 2, 2012.

1. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

What priority should we put on potentially upgrading at RB?

LT is old (I still want him back for leadership purposes), McKnight on offense still is a question mark, and I'm not entirely convinced with Greens performance this season, but who knows if that's because of the O-line.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id say its more bout a $$$ than priority. And i think 3 mill and chamge should be the MAXXX we consider spending on a hb

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see an upgrade at RB but we have a lot of holes to fill.
    I'm hoping whatever free agents we bring in have some leadership qualities that can help repair this fractured locker room. I don't want to see anymore guys with character issues added to this circus.
    I would really love to see an upgrade at LB, although I'm thinking the FA crop has slim pickings.
    Hopfully this years draft class can yield a few blue chippers??????

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

How much would Golson project to cost? I'm liking what I've seen so far tonight. He's impressive.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He made a probowl plus has been solid tonight, so im sure hes gonna get a decent payday

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

A fair bit it would seem - a real shame as he was available for a song last off season :(

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

rex goes after no one-tannenbaum does

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I have a feeling theyll franchise tag him.

9. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

dcm1602,

I saw you update your original post but why did you take out Braylon from the list?

If anything, he'd be the ideal player to *realistically* bring back considering he'd be both Cheap AND already has solid chemistry with our maligned QB.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I have liked Goldson since 08. He is a west coast guy. I don't think he will come to New Jersey. I bet he will stay in SF.

11. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

That would make sense. Oh well, honestly I think that's one position they may need to spend some dough at. We can't keep letting these TEs beat the shit out of us week after week.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I just deleted the entire front page and remade it. Simply forgot to write his name down, was digging through some files and his name wasnt in there so it just didnt pop into my head.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

As I think of it now, I don't see a point in getting a free agent guard. Slauson is still young and serviceable. Moore's replacement should come through draft, since while Moore did regress a bit this season, he will come back strong with full off season. On top of that, these guys above will command too much money. Grabbing any of the three up top is not such a sensible idea when there are other areas that require immediate attention.

I would hope that Jets grab one out of them. Especially Collins or Gaither. They are all sure-fire upgrade from the train wreck that is Wayne Hunter.

I would prefer Jets draft the OLB talent, but if possible, Anthony Spencer looks like a good idea. If Jets can lock up Spencer for a long term, then Calvin Pace becomes expendable after next season. (Which is not bad at all.)

Cory Redding was a DT, no? Anyway, if it's 3-4 DE body, I wouldn't mind Cory Redding or Kendall Langford. I think Roth and Avril are 4-3 players. Unless they play OLB, they don't have a spot here in Jetland. I am afraid Langford will cost too much money, but let's see what Sparano can do there, if Jets do go after Langford.

If Pouha bolts, I would like to see this happen. (And weaken the dolfags along the way. Double whammy!) (Again, let's hope Sparano can pull some magic there too.)

I think Michael Griffin is the only FS in the list. Tyvon and Dashon are both SS. Grabbing two starting safeties could turn out costly. I would hope Jets grab any of the safeties above and draft another.

Unless otherwise it is proven to be ineffective, I am more inclined to see Jets go with Greene, McKnight and Powell. With improved OL play, we all should see improved production from the RBs. (Or that's what I hope.)

I would think Braylon is the most sure-fire crop out of them all, but then we will have to see if he can rebound from the knee injury - knee injuries are all very serious. If Braylon is no-go, I'd like to see Jets develop Patrick Turner - or at worst, go after Laurent Robinson.

Jets should find their version of Jason Witten or Gronkowskis through the draft. None of the TE crop above should be considered.

Yeah... like he was real good with the Jets.

14. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

No bowe?

'cmon man'

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Colston and Bowe should be in the list, I would like to think. If Haley tags along, Bowe might follow the suit as well.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Bowes looking at least 5 years 40 million minimum, probably more, this aint baseball.
    Colston at least 5 years 40 million, neither are even remotely close to affordable.

And the TE crop this year is weak as balls, while im 100% for drafting one, I think we gotta grab a FA one as well.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Jeff Cumberland is 6'4 and weighs 260. He is the Gronkowski type that everyone wants to compliment Keller.

He showed massive potential before the Achilles injury.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Mario Williams isn't unrealistic. he is gonna have a lot of teams throwing cash at him. Houston has to resign him and Foster.

will the Jets be in that race? who knows.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Gronk could block, Cumberland never could.

Not to mention Kellers like 6'4 255 most TEs ar about that. Idk what its gotta do w anything

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Google NFL Salary Cap.

He is as unrealistic as they come.