Namath critical of Sparano...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlueDevil73, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: it takes a pats fan to realize what some clueless

jet fans don't!:sad:

you can't talk the talk, unless you can walk the walk. he already did .:beer:

2. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

It's becoming obvious the more he talks, the less he's being revered. The divide between the older generation and younger generation of Jets fan are becoming obvious.

It seems like he's either thought of as a drunk or a revered icon. As time goes on, I feel like he's going to be increasingly thought of as a drunk..I'm sure he'll still be respected but not to the degree older fans do.

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Not to be harsh and all, but Joe Namath needs to die so the Devil can claim his part of the deal and we can start winning championships again.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

oh my golly gee -- it takes a SOJF like you to define the term "clueless"

please just go away

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

6. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Dude, I can't stand the old fart these days but even I wouldn't wish for him to die. Come on now.

7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The only people who are dissing Namath are the ones who drank the Kool Aid that the Jets big mouths sold them. It is very difficult for these individuals to admit to being bamboozled into believing the Jets had a better team than they actually had. The name of the game is to sell, even when you know you have an inferior product.

8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I totally agree that Namath should stay neutral as far as the team signings. However those that bash him, call him the most over-rated QB, and wish him ill will really need to understand the roots of New York Jets football. Namath was a brash individual who said what he thought, and pretty much backed it up. That being said, he needs to realize he was a player, and is not a coach. We all have our opinions, but lets give Sparano a chance.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

Namath was a great player for the Jets, nobody is denying it

Unfortunately, he has deteriorated into a bitter old drunk who bashes the Jets every week on the radio despite not having ONE OUNCE of knowledge about what is really going on

10. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Oh, the irony of that post.

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

don't your stinking cheating scumbags have a game tonight??

12. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Namath is almost ALWAYS right! And from what he said about Sparano, he's right AGAIN! There is nothing he said that's NOT true. VIVA NAMATH!!! Keep it up, Joe. Give 'em hell.

13. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Yep, a calkwalk into the AFC Championship Game.

14. sg3

sg3 Banned

where the Ravens will beat your douchebags by 50 points

15. MontrealAlouettes

I've been lurking around here for a while here and I find it funny this is the same hostility Joe got when he criticized the team at the beginning of the season. And he was right that time.

Pretty sad to see Jets fans hate on the only relevant QB in team history. He is making a valid point even if his defense of Schotty is questionable. The man knows more about offense than Rex, that's for sure.

16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Rex's comments about how he "just knew sparano was the right guy for the job" confirms what I've been saying ad infinitum about Tannenbaum. The guy is not a real GM.

Rex loves a guy, so he gets hired. That is the recurring pattern in this organization. Rex watches film on Plax (and Holmes the previous year) and walks into tannenbaum's office and says, "we need to get this guy." Rex has an orgasm watching John Conner make a nice block on film, and so our fat GM let's him burn a 4th round pick on a fullback.

Tannenbaum has no backbone, no football acumen. He's nothing more than a glorified cap manager, an enabler and puppet for fat Rex. Rex is the one calling the shots, making the decisions about who goes and who stays.

Mr. T doesn't even know how to handle negotiations, throwing a boatload of guaranteed money at Holmes while playing ugly, stupid hardball in public with Revis, a guy who does all the right things on and off the field. This franchise rewards buffoonery and treats good solid productive leaders with contempt. It should be no surprise what happened this year.

#96 al_toon_88, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  17. sg3

sg3 Banned

I agree, the Jets are the worst team in history. You live in LA --- root for one of the 31 better ones

18. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I am so sick of Joe Namath being right all the time.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'm not buying it. Sparano is a Tannenbaum hire all the way. Mike is a Parcells disciple and Sparano is a Parcells guy. There's a direct line there and Bill has already been conveniently available to provide quotes on the hire.

20. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

since namath was right on target with just about everything he said this whole year,
    especially about the buffoon u have as a head coach and your inept O line, maybe
    you ought to listen up. namath is clear-eyed and dead on honest and doesnt need attention or like to bash the jets; on the contrary he wants them to succeed.