Namath critical of Sparano...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlueDevil73, Jan 12, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Joe was right last time earlier in the season...mite actually listen to him more.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I agree with a lot of what he said... unfortunately.

Aside from the Schotty part, but I do agree the execution sucked to go along with him...:shit:

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hell, execution has been the excuse mantra for Schotty disciples for quite a while. After a certain amount of time, you have to wonder at the methods and routines in practice.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

:buffaloblows:
    I think the best part of the move is their different philosophies. Schotty wants to air the ball out so he can show off his creativity and what not. Sparano is a ground and pound type of guy. He runs a much simpler offense and plays to a style that works better with Rex. As much as Rex said he liked Schotty they have 2 very different styles.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Joe's a fan like the rest of us are and he's not saying anything that the majority of this board, and the NFL for that matter,are thinking.
    I think this organization is fuckin cursed!

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So am I the curse of Joe Namath will never end until he is 6 feet under

7. LongIslandBlitz

Why does Namath think people care about his opinion

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Seriously... does anyone care what this senile fuck has to say?

9. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Wow. What's with all the hate going on here? It's reminiscent of the hate many here showed to Namath early in the season when he laid out what he thought the problems with the team were, and he turned out to be absolutely right in many respects.

What has he said here that is not true?
    Sparano has never been an offensive coordinator and has spent the last years as the head coach of Miami team which has had absolutely no success. The comment about Schottenheimer not being a bad coordinator is kind of ridiculous, but it is his opinion.

I think he is just trying to say what a lot of Jet fans have been thinking - that if the team is going to get rid of their offensive coordinator that it would have been nice to replace him with someone with a bit more on his resume other than a few years working under Bill Parcells last decade.

That being said, I am still hoping that the change in approach to the offense will work out. However I do find it a little unsettling that our new OC is coming from a team that has a worse offense than we do.

Here's hoping for the best.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Joe's an idiot.

the reason schotty was getting killed and pettine wasn't is because the offense was consistently bad and completely inept. The defense had their lapses and cost us a couple of games but more often than not they rose to the occasion. It was a down year for the defense but they weren't a completely inept unit. The fact is they WERE an elite unit the past two years. Schotty never had an elite offense in 6 years.asinine comparison

The move really isn't that head scratching if we bring in Haley. he should shut his mouth until he sees how this plays out

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Joe Namath in 'saying something that gets his name in the papers' shocker.

12. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Joe Namath is a legend I don't get why fans hate on him so much. He gets a lifetime pass for bringing us our only SB, not that he needs it. Most of what he says is right or at the least a respectable opinion. He's allowed to have opinions just like we are, are you really so bitter just because you have to hear his? I'm convinced that Jets fans just hate everything. Namath, Fireman Ed, everything.

Disagree with him all you want, but even after all these years I still never expected to see so many Jets fans hating on Broadway Joe.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You pretty much said it. I think the choice is good and we could get back to the ground and pound with Sparano, however I can't blame Joe for speaking his mind. The fact that he has never held the OC title can be concerning.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Easy now, Joe was drunk. How else do you explain him defending Schotty? We all have said stupid shit we regret the next day when plastered.

15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If I agree to hate Joe Namath, will people like me on Facebook? Because that's important.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

For every person that hates Namath there are probably 1000 that still love him so what does he care? He will continue to say what he thinks and there are media markets that will keep giving him the platform to say it on.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I love these "fans" who trashed Namath for his critique of this team's shortcomings early this season - and his analysis was proven to be 100% correct. Now he is legitimately questioning Sparano's credentials to be OC - totally legit and fair take on the hiring of Tony - I like Tony Sparano but Joe makes some excellent points. Its pretty pathetic that some of you are so clueless and intolerant as to the facts that you refuse to deal with the fact that the Jets hired an OC with very little experience as an OC. Fair points by Joe. Lemme know when any of you idiotic haters win a National Championship, a Super Bowl, an AFC Championship, SB MVP, HOF and help to revolutionize the NFL.

Best of luck to Tony, but if you are too intolerant to consider the facts of the man's resume and the strange rush to hire him as OC - then you will have no reason to complain if it turns out that he is not the right choice.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agree with everything you say here (poor you) and it is probably the same people who constantly defended Schottenheimer, that defend Tannenbaum and defend Sanchez who defend every single move this organization does that hate Namath too. 43 years isn't long enough for them. Fortunately the owner listens some of the time because at least he understands who pays his bills. Wait until they see just how many free agents are clamoring to join this dysfunctional group as soon as the market opens.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he finally makes some sense w/ this quote:

20. LongIslandBlitz

Joe Namath was a legend when football was a totally diffrent game.The game has changed dramaticlly over 40 years Namath is clueless.I dont hate Fireman Ed he just becomes anoyying and he use to be a Dolphin fan