Mirror Image 3rd Year #s Eli vs. Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 12, 2012.

1. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the defense was the monster in those playoff wins, sanchez was the care taker who just had to manage the offense making no mistakes so the defense could win the game.

sanchez's playoff stats are that of a game manager, 200 yd average passing, hardly monster figures.

sanchez has 4 playoff wins because he didn't screw the team in the playoffs like he screwed the team this year. most games the offense did nothing for three quarters. how quickly some people forget how sh*tty the offense played all year. it's not all on sanchez, but he certainly deserves his share!

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He put the offense in the spot to win against Indianapolis in 2009 and was a big reason we beat NE last season. Watch the highlights he made a lot of big time throws in both of those games just to name 2 of the 6 that he has played in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ay-G5x0FI

Take a look 1 minute 4 seconds, 1 minute 20 seconds, 2 minutes 9 seconds, 3 minutes 20 seconds, 3 minutes 40 seconds (perfect throw) and these are just the highlights.

#42 SienaSaints, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't need stats, anyone who watched us in 2010 realizes our D was not nearly as good as 2009 and our run game wasn't nearly as good as 2009. LT had a really good start but from mid-October or so on he was not very good.

You weren't allowed to hiot a defensless receiver back then either, they are more strict now than a few years ago but it still wasn't legal if you led w/ your helmet or hit a defenseless receiver.

There have been MUCH better defenses that didnt' win as much in postseason, you still need quality QB play to win and Sanchez made plays in eery game to help us win.

Supposedly much better QBs haven't had the playoff success he has had, he has stepped up and played really well.

Would people prefer Brady's #s from our div rd game last year over actually winning? b/c he threw for more yds? it's so silly.

He made big plays to help win all 4 playoff games.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I am referencing those 2 as games where he played a complete game start to finish not just a good second half or a good first half.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They never called a penalty for hitting a receiver while catching the ball prior to this year unless you went for there helmet/neck. This year they changed what they call to not allow you to hit a receiver while he's catching the ball. The result was all kinds of offensive records being set. There is no denying how much the rules have benefited offense this year.

What's so bad with comparing him against his peers from the same year anyway?

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a 94.3 passer rating in six playoff games with 9 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions. Three of those touchdowns came against the Patriots.

Did he throw for mega yards? No. But, he was hardly just a caretaker. The Jets had a powerful defense but, they don't win those games unless Sanchez is putting points on the board. For a guy with two years in the bigs that's pretty good.

7. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00/gamelog/post/

Same shit Eli did

Giants had one of the best DLine that I can remember

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

That's all fine and good, but stats tell only a small fraction of the story. If you actually watched Sanchez this year, you'd notice that he was very shaky, very overwhelmed, and never once looked fluid or comfortable back there.

9. The_Darksider

lol I actually am a supporter of not panicking, and giving this guy both the time and the tools he needs to succeed. BUt at the same time, you have to be realistic. Sanchez didn't look like a 30 td/18 int guy this year. His stats are there, but it was a lot uglier than that.

Objectivity. Try it sometime.

10. The_Darksider

The Steelers embarrassed Sanchez? Didn't he beat them in December? The defense couldn't stop anyone in the playoff game, and Sanchez actually brought them back. How do you figure he was embarrassed?

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

And your fucking excuses bashing everything the guy does is sad and pathetic. What's next, you complain which had he wipes his ass with?

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Good to see the weasel stealing ideas from this board again.

13. The_Darksider

14. BleedJetsGreen1981

Sure he was. When you're getting leveled on a weekly basis by 300 pound line backers you can definitely get shaky and overwhelmed. Imagine if Tanny hadn't tinkered so much with the winning formula from the last two years, Sanchez might have really soared then.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When compared to their peers from the same season

[table="head"]|Manning '06|Sanchez '11
    completions|10th|15th
    attempts|6th|9th
    yards|11th|15th
    comp. pct|21st|27th
    TDs|4th (tied)|9th
    INTs|28th|29th
    Rating|18th|23rd[/table]

16. The_Darksider

I couldn't agree with you more. I simply try to keep a level head on a board that seems to try and take every little factor and twist it into the end or the beginning of the world -d epending on your point of view.

While I am looking forward to seeing what Sanchez can do with a better scheme and better players around him, at the same time there was a lot I saw this year that I didn't like that wasn't necessarily the result of the breakdown of the line.

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

Sanchez had a rough year, no doubt. I'm excited to see this shake up with coaching and really eager to see who the Jets end up drafting. I think next season will be very telling for what we can expect from Sanchez.

18. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Big year for Sanchez if we get a solid RT (either in the draft or FA) a solid WR (Floyd, Jeffery) and a backup TE

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a dick.