Mehta talks to NFL network about "anonymous Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No, it would be because our team played well.

2. Mr. Green Pants

So, the best way to deal with the unflattering assertion that Sanchez is coddled is to have everyone and their brothers come out to protect him from his critics?

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

$100 says it was all Holmes.

4. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

He's a reporter. It's his job to report on the Jets, good or bad. If our locker room was more disciplined, he probably wouldn't have gotten any information to have a story, but instead we've got this mess on our hands.

Honestly, as a fan base we misplace our anger all the time. Instead of taking issue with Manish, people should take issue with the anonymous sources that leaked all this information. We should be pissed at Rex that he hasn't been trying to reel any of this in or even Woody who's the damn owner.

I love this team, but this situation is all of their fault.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree with you. One note - Woody did come out this AM and say Mark is the first to arrive and the last to leave and he isn't lazy.

What he doesn't say is that if he works so hard - why cant he read a defense yet?

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wow, thanks. Agree with you there, too. Maybe we should keep him just for that.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

we finally have a franchise quarterback

our first such in decades

but the SOJFs and their buddies, the media jackals have to make things as miserable as possible, of course

8. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Every once in a while someone nails it on the head.

Jets are now doing everything in their power to cater to Sanchez. If he still cant succeed he will be gone, along with the coach.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Another Sanchez Fan throwing the rest of the team under the bus. And your overall premise is ass backwards - in fact it is Sanchez Fans who want to credit him alone with anything good the team has accomplished and blame everyone else for any failings, including his.

Your points about Pace and Scott are without basis. Pace and Scott actually grade out quite well and are above average, both of them. Pace btw plays linebacker, which is a responsibility not limited to rushing the passer. His other responsibilities increased when Thomas went down. And while it is true that the OL did worse than in years past, it ranked 22nd in the league, with first being worst, on Qb hits. You need to put these things in perspective.

And why is it not on Sanchez when he "turns the ball over at inopportune times"??? So much for the Mr. Clutch notion.

Anybody who knows anything about football knows it is first and foremost a team sport. Absolutely. That doesn't take away from the facts that you CAN analyze an individual's performance, and that the Qb is the most important position on the team.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

how do we know this whole thing isn't made up

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Manish seems like a good journalist, I doubt he would just make stuff up. We've got guys on the team that can't even list there kids names without a struggle. It wouldn't shock me if they said just about anything in a moment of frustration.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Because of the name associated w/ this article. Cimini is putting out anti-Jets sensationalist crap non-stop. Cimini comes across as a closet Dolphins fan who is being forced to cover the Jets against his will.

Manesh on the other hand usually puts out Jets articles that involve some type of coherent thought. Manesh doesn't have a history of making up anti-Jets crap to grab headlines.

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Calling me a Sanchez fan makes you look like a fool as I've been nothing but critical of the QB, yes Calvin Pace isn't limited to just pass rushing but when he is called up to rush the passer he has been invisible and to deny that shows your ignorance, he had 4.5 sacks for the fucking season which is pathetic for what were paying him, Aaron Maybin put up more than him and plays WAY fewer snaps. To say I give him the credit when we win is even more laughable, I give the TEAM credit when we win. Inconsistency at most positions on the team is what caused us to go 8-8.

14. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

Hate to break it to you, but other than the Sanchez apologists, noone thinks he's a franchise QB.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Neither of those guys does those thngs.

16. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

You know, just because Schottenheimer's offense was complex, doesn't mean it was a) good, or b) that because Sanchez had problems with it, he is doesn't have a good football IQ.

Two other quarterbacks complained about his offense's needless complexity, asked him to simplify it, and one of them is everyone's favorite Rhodes Scholar QB.

Being complex for the sake of being complex and not to maximize the talent you have on the field is complete coaching incompetence.

Saying that "there were wrinkles every week that Mark couldn't pick up or execute in the game plan" doesn't mean Sanchez doesn't get the offense, or is a dumb football player. It means Schottenheimer was asking the players he had to do something they were not capable of because he is a stubborn, arrogant, ego driven coach.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

If YOU were Mark Sanchez would YOU think that were enough?

Of course not.

Thank you. Nothing to see here.

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Guys, stop bashing Cimini.

I've been reading him since NEWSDAY in the early-1990's. He's a good guy and a good reporter.

Are you all related to Cadigan and Criswell....geez.

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No worries. I have read a few head scratchers from you as well. I just find this type of reporting to be lazy, uninformative, destructive, and prevalent in the NY media. Like we didn't already know there were problems in the locker room? How does this give us any understanding of the depth of the problem?

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It wasn't leaked. Manish conducted an anonymous poll asking people what they thought of Sanchez, marked it down on a clipboard, and reported his findings. A truly inspired piece of investigative journalism.