17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

really? your not gonna go in 10 years? your not gonna pass them down to a son or daughter or nephew or niece?
    your gonna sell in 10 years.. and u think the value will be more than what u paid for??

im sorry if you mentioned this,but were you a season ticket holder at Giants Stadium? and how long?

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if anyone was listening to 1050 this afternoon (around 2:30 )--- the anouncers were " mocking " the Jet organization about " still buying time on the radio station to try and sell psl's ".

This was from the station that is the Home of The Jets --pretty pathetic :sad:

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Don't be silly, everyone knows all the PSLs sold out at a huge bargain and are now worth a billion dollars. Fans will be passing those puppies down to their great grandkid's grandkids for thousands of years. It's been a huge success and anyone who is offered a PSL should treat it like they've been given a winning lotto ticket and should kiss the ground they walk on

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

since 1974 at Shea

bought standing room tix before then and went to two Titans games at the PG and non-season ticket individual games until 1967 - missed two seasons while in Oklahoma and then in Pleiku for two years

Planning to stop going to games in around 10 years, yes and will sell my PSLs and, at worst, get most of my money back and at best get more than I paid. It's what I tried to explain only about a thousand times -- the PSL is not an "expense" -- it's an asset that has some value in the future when you sell it.

5. 17a_tailgater

congrats my friend on being a longtime sth.
    btw you are batshit crazy
    we do not have a loyal fan base.
    i hope your plan goes through
    i seriously doubt it though.
    im gonna try and get psl seats without paying for a psl this year.
    and bets on whether or not i get it?

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

I'm pretty sure you can do what CBJ proudly tells everybody he did last year to "sit in PSL seats without paying a PSL". He, as he stated paid less to do this than he did for his UD tickets the year before. His method definitely works. Take your 4 UD tickets (cost 4200 dollars), reduce the tickets you are looking for to only 2 tickets for only 5 games and then buy tickets on stubhub. Lower Level tickets with a face value of 130-150 dollars a game sold last season on stubhub for as low as 150-170 a game for really crappy games like the Chiefs to more than 350-400 dollars a game for attractive games like Cowboys, Patriots and Giants). If you assume that the 5 games you cherry pick are three from the attractive group and 2 from the crappy group, you can get those two tickets for approximately 2700 dollars plus stubhub fees raising it to a total of 3000 dollars and there you are -- sitting in good PSL seats without a PSL and saving something like 1200 bucks in doing so!!

Of course, what got conveniently left out in this Bonanza scheme were two small items... 1) the number of tickets per game were reduced from 4 to 2 leaving, presumably two family members or friends at home in front of their TV as opposed to live at an NFL game and 2) the number of regular season games were reduced from eight per season to five.

Looking at the real cost comparison --- It cost 1500 to sit in PSL seats without buying a PSL for five games vs a season ticket holder who paid between 1250 and 1500 dollars to sit in those same seats for 8 regular season games and two preseason games. Of course, the STH would also have to include an amortization of the PSL into the cost which presuming an average PSL of 7500 bucks would add an additional 375 a season (assuming a 20 year amortization of the asset value of the PSL

In summary, it's definitely a way of sitting in PSL seats without a PSL but certainly not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that it has been described as, at least iMO

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really wish that gordongecko had been able to do the rest of the season with his spreadsheet. what he did do was very interesting and the entire season would show how completely wrong sg3 is. as a matter of fact let me go see if i can find the first 4 games or so that he did do and see how the real numbers hold up to sg3s fantasy world.

8. alleycat9

there it is.. small sample but you get the august and week before prices for 3 games...

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

First off 17A I believe after this years current debacle you might get seats psl free,,,I can easily see that happening :beer:

heres some info
    I could break it down per game or just go reread what I posted numerous times. I told you what I spent in 2010 and then what I spent in 2011--bottom line is I spent thousands less in 2011,,,so in sg3 eyes I $aved nothing,and psl's are the best thing since sliced bread ,, must be the new math :lol:

This year
    I never paid $300 for a ticket this year not even clo$e.
    I never paid $200 per ticket either .
    The most I paid,,was $168 for tix in sec 146 and that was the Pats>
    ps this was the most expensive game I paid for-and one of the worst locations I sat in---did I mention NO PSL HERE :)

I hope eventually your PSL investment turns out the way you wish, as of now it looks to be a very poor investment. Psl's were way over priced from day one :sad:

sg3 you seem very preoccupied with the route I went and what I personally chose to do ,,,,,,just be happy with your investment , unless you are having buyers remorse , which would be understandable :breakdance:

I am not sure where you get your # s from sg3 , but bottom line is you can pay thousands to sit in PSL seats or you can go on the web and sit in the same seats without paying thousands for a PSL , I prefer my way you prefer your$ .

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

alleycat thanx for posting that :beer:

11. sg3

sg3 Banned

my apologies.... I thought when you said you had sat in GREAT PSL seats without paying a PSL, you meant sideline lower level which would be GREAT PSL seats...

but, now that you have revealed that the BEST great seats you sat in were in 146 deep in the corner of the endzone, I agree -- MEDIOCRE PSL seats with 4K PSLs, I agree, you didn't pay nearly as much as I estimated in my analysis

my analysis remains correct though had you sat in those GREAT PSL seats without a PSL even using the Gecko analysis -- the only two relevant games - Cowboys and Jaguars confirm the prices I used in my analysis -- even using the prices one week and even one day prior to the game as a basis for CHOICE games (Cowboys, Pats, Giants) and crappy games (Jaguars and Chiefs --- Cowboys -- 333 bucks for 150 dollar face tix one week before and 256 dollars only one day before the game -- and Jaguars 200 dollars for those 150 dollar face value tickets both one week and one day before the game.... and these, I believe don't include the stubhub fees...

What it proves is that (other than preseason) the concept of cherry picking great seats for face value or even under face value is another fairy tale like Snow White or Cinderella

#13091 sg3, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I have to agree with Sg3 on that one!
    Try sitting in lower level sideline seats for the same amount of money.

13. 17a_tailgater

im not gonna cherry pick.im gonna try and get 4 season tickets in a PSL section but not get charged for the psl.

14. sg3

sg3 Banned

wishing you luck in that effort.

with NO sarcasm, since I'm sure somebody will accuse me of such. Let us know how it works out

15. 17a_tailgater

thank appreciate that.
    2 years ago i had a friend sit in the mezz B all year but for 1 year only no psl.
    last year neighbor across the street 2 days before bengals preseason game bought 2 seats row 2 upper prime no preseason just 8 regular season games and free parking.

im getting something again.and im asking for the moon.if i dont get that i will get something

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

I'm pretty certain if you wait you'll be able to get UD (maybe even UD prime) without having to pay for the preseason games.

More doubtful on your getting a PSL seat without the PSL since, if they did it and word got out, there could be a major uproar from those with PSLs possibly including legal class action things.....

Aim high though

and good luck again

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I can give you my spreadsheet my lower endzone sold row 7 for 325 each for cowboys and for giants 375 on stubhub chargers and pats both for 275 other games 180 jags and chiefs face. In the end made 1100 on 8 psl tickets and does not count on going to 7 games. I know people with uppers and they cant sell there tix for really anything. So im happy pay back my psl and go to games for free. Well worth it in my opionion. If i can sell 4 would be ok with it cause im going for my masters but if not im ok with it too!

18. 17a_tailgater

cardinals and 49ers arent gonna sell like cowboys & giants
    plus coming off 8-8 and not a second straight afc championship game is against you.

besides im not going for ownership of those psl seats just a rental for 1 year with the option to buy.

19. alleycat9

good info, thank you!

its all about having good info and info like that and the info that gordon was putting together are very helpful to everyone.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

i
    doubt they will let you rent but that would be funny. I dont know how many your looking for but in llez there arent 4 together except after market.

Alleycat, if i do sell psl ill keep you posted on selling price. I feel i can get 10000 easy since
    Jets are selling 4000 each. Not looking for a profit but if it works great.

Also psl holders are in the lottery for superbowl tix in 2014. I dont know lottery situation if jets make it to a super bowl if upperdeck is included in lottery. I might call jets interesting to find out.