Hue Jackson fired, Jets should hire him for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Where did you read that?

I think that while Tanny will listen to all the input Rex gives him on potential coaches, and will try to do his best in hiring who Rex wants, at the end of the day he (tanny) is the one with the power and the responsability in regards to coaching hires etc. And I believe that's why Schotty was retained back when Rex was hired.

That said I think in most teams the ultimate responability on coaches hires falls on the GM, and if the GM says no then it's a no. The fact 99% of the times the assistants hired are the ones the HC want is because the GM tries to put the HC in the best possible working scenario, and that's with coaches the HC feels comfortable with.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Bring him in. Fire Tom Moore. Bring back Schotty as a consultant. ;-)

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's not true but it's a point that goes along with what I am saying. Tanny makes the decisions period. I never said he ignores what Ryan says, I said he makes the final decision and if you don't see the difference I don't know how else to put it. Final say, last word, final decision...it all means the same and that is he has complete control. You may not like it but that is exactly what it means.

4. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

You guys have sort of hijacked this thread with this back and forth about who hires assts, and who has final say, while ignoring the point. You're BOTH right. Rex absolutely has a say in what coaches are brought in, but, when he was hired, yes he did not have a choice in regard to Schottenheimer. It was a case of giving Rex who he wanted for DC, but telling him, we're keeping the guy on offense who is here, since you (Rex) are a defensive coach. This will make the transition easier for you.
    By now, OF COURSE Rex has input on both coaches and personnel. Frankly, do you guys really believe Tannenbaum is making the draft picks by himself? You guys do realize Terry Bradway is still there, right?

All this belies the point of this thread and the question I would like to discuss: Why would we want Hue Jackson? Is he a significant upgrade at the OC spot? Do we (me included) just want Shottenheimer out that much that we'll take ANYONE at the spot? Is it because he has a history with Ryan? Did a good job as Raiders OC last year?

5. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Chances that he brings michael bush with him?

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Now you're back tracking. Before you said Rex has zero say in the matter. Remember zero zilch nada.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

So what was that again. Hilarious Don even for you.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Rex brought in Mike Pettine, Mark Carrier, Dennis Thurman, & Jeff Weeks.

Rex interviewed the Coaches on the team when he was hired and decided to keep...Shotty, Westie & Sutton...that's a fact.

Do you think Tanny would veto anyone of Rex's wants on the coaching staff??

Did Tanny recruit these coaches..hell no, he let Rex select them.

Tanny has final say, but it's semantics, if Rex wants a coach he's going to be on the staff.

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You can't blame the D when the Offense only put up 14 points. The other 3 came when the Defense forced the fumble and the Offense could only score a Field Goal. You can't expect a D to hold that Colts team to under 14 points.

10. Endicott

Endicott New Member

Stupid, stupid move by Oakland WTH? 8-8 and the team seemed to love him.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Thats happens when a new GM is hired, the HC is usually a goner.

McKenzie wants to bring in his man.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I just hope Marty gets the Tampa job and hires his son to be OC/asst HC. This helps the jets and reunites Brian with his daddy.

On the downside, Tampa fans will appreciate the job that Rahim did before being fired.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I did say that and I misspoke because I was trying to make the point that he had no decision making power. That is still my point, unless he can override Tannenbaum instead of the other way around then what does it matter? And I absolutely believe he has been overruled on Schitty just as he was on Gholsten. There are people here right now in other threads who will tell you he wanted Hue Jackson as his OC (I'm not one of them, I have no idea about that).

#113 Don, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The D didn't give the O a chance, the O gave them a 17-6 lead and the D allowed the game changing drive to make it 17-13 before the half.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Donald Strickland going down and Drew Coleman coming in was the beginning of the end.

16. JetsNation28

JetsNation28 New Member

Jackson should be the OC if Schotty leaves and he should bring Michael Bush along with him.

I don't understand Oakland, they always fire their coaches, it takes more than one season to build a winning team and I thought Oakland was on the right track after almost getting into the playoffs this year. But, whatever Oaklands loss.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Doubt the team loved him too much when he was throwing them all under the bus a week ago.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A) why would he want the Jets OC Job?

B) Why would the Jets want Hue Jackson as OC?

19. Milliner is your Mommy

A) He's coached with Rex before.

B) He's a good offensive coach and if Schotty leaves they will be looking for OCs and he has shown hes capable.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, a GM has two coaches before he gets fired. Keeping the guy who was in the job and got the old GM fired is usually a bad idea in light of that fact.

This is a strange case, since Al Davis was the defacto GM of the Raiders and nobody got fired, however you're absolutely right that McKenzie needs his guy in the spot from day one to have his best shot at kepping the job.