jason campbell is a FA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He'll be great as a backup but he'll want to start so he's a no go. Same for Orton, why not groom McElroy as the backup? Isn't that what he was drafted for?

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I want jetsown22 released from TGG...

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He did just get canned.

#23 Acad23, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Raiders didn't make the playoffs, so I believe they only have to give one first rounder to Cinci.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know if I want Campbell but I do want a legitimate backup that can push for the job and come in when Sanchez totally sucks..of course that means Tannenbaum will keep 50 year old Brunell around awhile longer.

6. PA Jetsfan

PA Jetsfan New Member

No to Campbell. Has he even had a winning season?

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

The Raiders went down because DARREN MCFADDEN got injured. Not Jason Campbell. Jeesh.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't think they did better with Campbell at all, let alone much better with him. Take out Palmer's first two games when he was totally green to the system and his stats were better, especially if you take out the fisaco against Green Bay and 4 interceptions (Green Bay led the league in interceptions), and then add in that Palmer did not have McFadden for that period, and i would take Palmer any day of the week over Campbell.

What Jackson gave up to get Palmer is a different matter, and that may have been held against him, but Palmer head to head is the better Qb.

9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

It's basic risk/reward at its finest - Campbell is the safer QB - he'll throw less picks, he'll make better decisions - and he'll also throw less TDs. Both guys throw good deep balls, but Palmer probably does this even better than Campbell.

I'd say Palmer is overrated - he's never been the same since that terrible injury years ago in the playoffs - but Campbell is nothing more than a low tier starter or great backup.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you want this guy to carry a clipboard fine if you want Cambell to actually play QB ummmmmmmmmmmmm NO thanks :)