Hue Jackson fired, Jets should hire him for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its been 2 years. Last year we had a great run game too. Maybe the problem with running the ball is Greene is just a downgrade from TJ and what LT was last year. Greene has pretty poor vision.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we didn't face Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Otto Graham or Tom Brady.

Our defense didn't suck but it wasn't great, great defenses don't get torched like that. The week before despite more TOs by their offense Baltimore held Indy to 20 in that same dome, the next game NO held them to 17.

3. nyjunc

our run game was decent last year, it was NOT great especially after the early hot start by LT. It was pretty mediocre most of the year.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

I back Schotty too but if we are going to switch OC Hue would be the guy. Too many people here want Schotty axed and take in any jag and expect it to be better. It won't be. But if you can get a solid OC it could help to switch things up. Schotty and Sanchez don't do well together and after that it just depends who you want to put the blame on.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

That what I mean. Since Greene has been expected to take over running the ball our run game has deteriorated greatly. TJ did very well. LT did great when he was fresh and when the ball was put in Greene's hands he has failed.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not really cause Rex had to ground and pound the ground and pound philosophy into Schotty's head. There were several times that season when Schotty would go off the reservation and Rex had to find him and drag him back in. If it it was up to Schotty the game plan each game would probably be mainly reverses sprinkled in between dropping back 64 times a game.

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'll take Hue Jackson over Shotty. Hell, I'd take Hugh Jackman over Shotty.

[​IMG]

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Nope just that scrub Peyton Manning, I wonder if hes still in the league I heard he wasnt even a top 30 qb this year.

Again the problem with our defensive collapse had a ton to do with the fact that our #1 our #2 and #3 HBs were all HURT. So we could not run the ball at all WHATSOEVER. We went 3 and out again and again and again. I dont care how good your defense is, if youre literally on the field non stop youre going to get completely gasped, when you have to do it with injuries to your corners AND against Peyton Fucking Manning youre going to get completely shredded. Regardless of how good you are.

9. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

Right. I still feel Sanchez will be successful, but so far the progress hasnt been there under Schotty. I dont know if switching Offensive Coordinators will suddenly make Mark much better, but Jackson would be a good option if we do decide to go in another direction.

Regardless of who the OC is next season, if we dont rebuild the line and add another RB i dont think this offense will function the way we expect it to.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

+1

Jackson worked with Rex and would love to bring him onboard.

Jackson is a very good coach.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

WTF are you talking about? Ryan has absolutely no say at all..none...on who will be coaching here..you don't get that yet?

12. Organized Chaos

13. nyjunc

Greene looked very good in the 2nd half, I think the issue was more OL than Greene.

Why did Bal hold him to 20 in the same building a week before? why did NO hold him to 17? why have most teams held him in check(outside of the Broncos) in postseason?

Oh the D was gassed, I hear that excuse all the time. The Colts held the ball for 31:25, us 28:35. basically a 2 minute difference. In the Bal game a week earlier Indy controlled the ball for 34 mins compared to 26 for Bal, in the SB it was 50/50.

did injuries hurt us? sure but you have to overcome and we couldn't against a QB that typically struggles in big games like he did the week before and the week after.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think there's a chance he could get another HC job, but if not, bringing him in as OC is a move the JETS need to make....... and bring Michael Bush in with him (who I was hoping the JETS could draft at the time)

Jackson, greatly turned around the Raiders offense when he got there, and from what I hear has the respect of peers and players.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd be totally onboard with Jackson.

I'll be very disappointed in the Jets if Jackson gets an OC job elsewhere, while the Jets are waiting to see if Shotty leaves them for greener pastures.

Granted, Jackson may also interview for HC jobs, but if he takes an OC job, it would suck.

Jets need to put the Jets interests ahead of Shotty's.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

And we had 3 fricken hbs hurt, 3! Not one healthy, there aint much you can do there teams dont bring 6 hbs on gameday

Time of possesion is for the whole game, our collapse was the 2nd half when injuries caught up. I guarentee top was close to 3-1 for that half

#56 dcm1602, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

#57 Bill Belichdouche, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You really think Rex has no influence on who fills up the ranks of his coaching staff?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's time to stop playing the waiting game here. Fire schotty and hire Hue.

20. Organized Chaos

I agree, eat the contract Woody! It's for the good of the team!