Who do you think gets the axe? Mcelroy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

well - its clear that we have some divas in the locker room - it sounds like they were bickering like the 'jersey shore' bitches - so the question is -

with our limited information garnered from media coverage of this locker room divided - who do YOU think are the major problems and WHO is getting the AXE?

i was watching something on ESPNY and they made a good point - Mcelroy is a pure bitch for what he did - he needs to go - everyone else... even holmes in the heat of the postgame madness kept it behind closed doors regarding his interview.

if im in that locker room i make him the scapegoat and the prime example for dishonor -

2. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

You keep McElroy for lack of depth at QB...

3. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

i just threw up another post too - jason campbell is a fa im reading - we need to go get this guy -

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We need to stop grabbing free agents and build within...slowly... It's the only way u sustain success

5. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

McElroy may be the best qb on the roster. No way we let him go. It would be so hypocritical for the jets to let him go for what he said. I thought Rex wanted everyone to be themselves and have no filter. But I guess its only ok to shit on the other team and not your teammates......

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Since when is telling the truth about your team being a bitch? Somebody needed to call that locker room out and not just sweep it under a rug. No way Greg is gone.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The kid has potential. I think he needs to be spoken to, but not cut.

8. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Lol McElroy = Brooks Bollinger. This guy sucked in Alabama and wouldn't have been playing in the NFL passed his shitty rookie contract, even if he kept his mouth shut.

Anyhow...why was there need for another McElroy thread? This is gonna be a looooong off season. ::sigh::

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Right, and I might be a better quarterback than McElroy, Brunell and Sanchez put together.

There's just about as much evidence of that as there is that McElroy can even keep up in an NFL game, much less start, much less start better than Sanchez. And I don't even like #6 that much.

10. PA Jetsfan

PA Jetsfan New Member

Keep him. What he said was true and way less disrespectful than picking your nose and wiping it on your back-up!

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Last I checked nobody was complaining about McElroy being a cancer in that locker room. McElroy never gave up on his team.

Why would he be the scapegoat?

There is no scapegoat to be had really.. Holmes quit on his team and fans. He doesn't deserve to be here, he should be dealt. Simple as that. He deserves any consequence that come from his bullshit this past season.

12. Mr. Green Pants

I think McElroy's future with the Jets boils down to one simple thing...do Rex and Tanny think he can play. If so, it's unlikely he'll be cut loose for the comments he made. My guess...he'll be our number three guy next year, behind Sanchez and a veteran back-up not named Mark Brunell.

13. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

While I agree that he acted like a little bitch(not for the comments but because he ran to Bama to say them) we can't cut him when hes really not the problem at all. If anyone gets axed it better be Holmes and at this point I could care less about the cap hit, obvious cancer is obvious.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't get all the McElroy love. While a lot of people saw a good preseason, I saw a noodle arm reminiscent of Pennington post third shoulder surgery.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yeah, get rid of McElroy -- he cost us the playoffs this year clearly.

16. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yeah get rid of the only one with the balls to tell it like it is and put his name on it, great...forget, beyond that, that he may also have talent that you haven't seen yet
    and could be an asset to ur team...brilliant

17. Mr. Green Pants

His pre-season was somewhat encouraging, but the expectations are way overblown. Two games where he played against third and fourth string defenses. Really, you can't take anything definitive away from that.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

when you can't make a real argument against him, you simply resort to calling him a bitch.

19. Mr. Green Pants

I can make a couple real simple arguments against what McElroy did. It served no real purpose (other than getting him attention) and had the potential to exacerbate an already problematic situation. Also, not a great idea for him to ignore the veteran/rookie pecking order and possibly alienate guys who he might have to work with next year if, by some circumstance, he steps into a more prominent role.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Its pretty clear theyre gonna take it out on Brunell. Mark my words cuz im gonna be bold right here, he will not be back next year !