Mark Sanchez played Hurt?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Braylon4ever, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Get him back his #1 Receiver(in his eyes, anyway), pair him with Holmes and Kerley and we're good. :wink:

2. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Don't forget our defensive/head coach without the courage to sit him or make a change to try to right the ship. Would have been nice to have a real backup that could throw a pass over 15 yards

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

the one consistent thing about sanchez is that he's tough. he takes his licks, does that thing where he holds his shoulder for a bit and then goes right back to playing.

but the injury doesn't really sound like a big deal at all.

schotty certainly didn't think so while making him chuck the ball 60 times.

4. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

yeah but Schotty is a moron so his professional opinion doesn't hold much weight.

5. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

THIS. Use your eyes folks. He was not the same person at the end of the year. Remember after week 4 when we said "if he takes this beating all year, he won't make it to week 13". We predicted it. Does it excuse his poor play? No. But it couldn't have helped.

6. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i can't argue with that. :breakdance:

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Should have started THIS season that way.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

lack of quality backup qb and o-line help while sitting on $11 million in cap space means the GM is primarliy responsible for the disaster this season turned into.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So are you telling me that having ankle pain does not affect the accuracy or the power into the throw? I am not even talking about the mobility within the pocket. And the receivers automatically know how the ball is affected by the bum foot and makes magical adjustment every fucking time Ben throws? Where did you learn football? Do you even understand why footwork is important for QBs?

(Speaking of baseball pitchers - no pitcher throws straight from the shoulder to arm strength. They all have to have solid thrust from their feet on EACH pitch. Remember those high kicks? Do you honestly think these are just for your viewing pleasures?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your logic holds true, Pittsburgh had no reason to lose tonight.

#29 Zach, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  10. avrus

avrus New Member

Sanchez took so many illegal and unflagged hits this season. It's a fucking joke.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Sanchez is a warrior. I knew it since the Oakland game. He got beat to hell this season because of piss poor protection. If one part of our offense was top 5, it's definitely would be in sacks taken. Sanchez is 5th in the league. I hate to hear that his neck is messed up. Hopefully he'll be fine.

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Um....lineman?

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I figured. There were so many times he would get tapped around the head and run away holding his shoulder. Wayne Hunter really hurt our season.

Also makes me feel better knowing that the reason his play went so drastically downhill for the last 5 games or so coincides with his injury. He was having a pretty good season up until those last 3 games.

14. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

he took a pounding and showed grit and toughness...i thought the ravens almost put him in the hospital and the pats and giants and broncos knocked him around...whatever
    else he proved he can take the punishment

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He probably wants Matt Ryan or Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford, who all have excelled in clutch and playoff situations the last few years.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Umm they didn't have their starting center, running back and safety? And I understand that but a pitcher pitches through an ankle injury, they do not pitch through a shoulder injury.

#36 SienaSaints, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

By all means, if its not posted, post it. There is not a rule against it and the click of those too cool for other opionions was recently banished. Its a good time to be new to TGG (despite our disagreements in other threads lol) :)

As for Sanchez, It would not supprise me at all that this affected his play. He was throwing way behind receivers very often down the strech. It was very ugly to watch at times. Knowing he is all but assured to be back it gives a gilmer of hope for next year.

18. TheGreenCantona

I can tell you one thing, neither of the QBs you mention would be coming to jets in a straight swap if we asked. Outside of wetland, Sanchez is not worth a lot at the moment.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

All the QBs mentioned have combined playoff win of ZERO while Sanchez alone has four.

If you didn't understand the joke, that is.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

of course he was playing hurt, the OL failed to protect him all season, the dude was getting killed out there thanks to terrible OL play. the first priority for this team is bringing in at least one FA and Ben Grubbs and Demetrius Bell should be on the top of the shopping list.