McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Mr. Green Pants

Nonsense. No one was in denial when McElroy made his comments. All he did was pour gas on the fire.

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

You act like he called a press conference to air the organization's dirty laundry.

Context.

He was a young kid doing an interview on his home-town radio station answering questions honestly and insightfully.

Why do people have such a problem with openness and honesty?

The FO IS in denial if they think they think they can maintain course and win. At worst, the fire was already burning. At best, some comfy feathers got ruffled just a wee bit. In and of itself nothing, but together with other factors, we can only hope things do change.

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

He might as well have since everything he stated ended up back in NYC.

Plus, he was scheduled to appear LIVE on 1st and ten but at the last moment, he backed out(probably under threat of dismemberment by Woody Johnson or something if he didn't shut the fuck up).

"Context", you say? There's nothing that was taken out of context.

Because the "openness" and "honesty" is coming from a 7th Round UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT who is lucky to have a Job in the NFL or he'd be bagging groceries at the local mini-mart. Because of this shit he pulled, he'd be lucky to even find an NFL team that would accept such a SNITCH in their midst.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Funny when Holmes spoke out, people slam him, but when McElroy does much worse you are happy with his honesty and insight? :lol: Sssshhhwaaaaa?

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a woman ask if she looks fat in an outfit? Did you answer honestly? If so, how did that work out for you?

People want to be lied to. It sounds harsh but its true. We want to hear good news no matter what we know deep down inside. Pulling back the curtain and letting us know just what a buch of selfish whiny fucks our sports heros are is not cool not matter if the fan is 8 or 80. We still want to belive.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Again, I don't see any downside because what McElroy said was true and truth is a good thing. It helps because it puts pressure on Ryan and Tanny to change course and improve the morale on the team.

I have listened to the contrary arguments here and think they are not persuasive.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I doubt someone with a college education and a very high intelligence level would be bagging groceries for a living, but you can make believe that would be the case.

I find it funny how upset people are with what he did. If you don't want someone telling others about what you've done than don't do it. If you don't want your team to be known as a bunch of selfish players, then don't be selfish. If you're the GM, don't bring in players who are known as selfish guys.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

How was he "Undrafted" in the 7th round?

Considering his wonderlic score he probably said it on purpose to get away from the Jets locker room.

From Wikipedia:

McElroy graduated from Alabama in three years with a degree in business marketing, and is a graduate student in his second year.[51] As an undergraduate he had a 3.85 GPA, receiving only one B,[52] and applied for, but did not win, a Rhodes Scholarship in 2010.[53]

In September 2010, McElroy was named as one of the smartest athletes in America by Sporting News.[54] During the NFL Combine in February 2011, McElroy scored a 43[55] out of 50 on the Wonderlic Test of intelligence. His score was originally reported as a 48, tying the all-time high for a quarterback set by Buffalo Bills Ryan Fitzpatrick.[56]

9. Braylon4ever

Blocker, you really think him blabbing everything that goes on behind closed doors puts pressure on Ryan and Tanny? Really?

I think the whole SEASON and whole episode with Holmes gave them all the pressure and impetus they need to "change course", as you call it.

What McElroy did is tantamount to Betrayal to the players that should be(but weren't) afforded the degree of privacy regarding private matters. McElroy is a SNITCH, Blabbermouth, Gossip-artist, or whatever you can call him.

I wouldn't be surprised that the next name he is called is UNEMPLOYED.

I have listened to your post(or rather read it 'cause you can't really hear someone's written post)....

....and think that no one here was ever seeking to persuade you to change your opinion on anything.

Well hey....if he wanted out, he could've just went to Rex and/or Tanny and told them this. Instead, he just might've ruined(or at least damaged badly) any chance of him finding any other employment in the NFL.

He'd probably find employment outside the NFL 'cause, like you pointed out, he is an intelligent guy. But for such an intelligent guy, he did such an UN-intelligent thing.

#429 Braylon4ever, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if the Jets cut him someone else would pick him up. Guys have said and done a lot worse and gotten picked up. Consider LeGarrette Blount for example.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

This site has no nudity but it does have sexy bikini girls so if you are at work be aware
    @BustedCoverage
    Want to see #Jets leader Greg McElroy getting hammered in N.O. last night? http://t.co/YCIEcTNu

12. Braylon4ever

Good point but I wonder if McElroy did something that is considered blasphemous(just like Pete Rose, for example, did with his 'betting on baseball' thing and being banned despite other players having done worse than him yet still are allowed to continue being associated with the league).

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd imagine Nick Mangold will have some exceptional hazing lined up for Cortland.

14. Braylon4ever

Suffice it to say that Mr. McElroy will have a few UNPLEASANT surprises waiting for him at JETS Training Camp(if he even makes it that far)

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We have a loud mouth coach, a receiver that goes postal on the feild, a QB that spnet more time on page 6 than getting positive sports related headlines, Moore came out in the press to smack talk holmes accurate description of our Oline, and people are still this fired up over McElroy?

I could seethe staff having a long talk with him, as well as with other players to try and repair the mess that is our locker room. I doubt we cut him though. As thin as we are at QB behind Mark we need talent not more clipboard holders.

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Lol, actually ya. Took me a long time to get that concept. Point taken.

I'm still with Ditka on this one.

17. Braylon4ever

We are spending time talking about McElroy because that's what the Thread is about. :)

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I understand that, but its assumptions taht he did someting so bad that no team would take a chance on him that is a big over reaction. The kid made a simple mistake and one he's bound to learn from. Its no reason for us to cut him, or if we do make him a scapegoat for our locker room problems, you can bet another team will at least take a look.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I hope we keep the kid I think he will be our Back-up QB for sure for years to come and maybe takes the reigns in between Sanchez and other after 2 years