Article saying the Jets, Cowboys and Chargers are all in denial

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

2. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

I too read that. I also saw another article that states that Rex is done in NY. It stated that although he is still employed he would never regain respect/control of the locker room regardless of personnel changes. I can see where the writer is coming from in regards to bringing players in during this “mess” but on the other hand if the players want out and want to make money they need to perform in order to get the big dollar contract.

3. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

Not so weird really. Rex's fat mouth with all his predictions and nonsense in his pressers has put the team squarely in the crosshairs of the media. They love ripping Rex and the team a new one.

4. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think we are going to go nowhere until Tanninbaum and Rex are fired. They are in denial. I cant see this team winning more than 8 games next year. It sounds like we are going to change nothing, and just hope everybody plays and coaches better. What a changte from last January. This Blows

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Is that a man or a woman ?

I'm cluster fucked.

6. HardHitta

Kill that noise. Rex's "Fat Mouth" isn't the reason why the team played like shit this season and for those who think that are retarded and need to be mentally evaluated. Wasn't a problem in 2009 and 2010 when we were beating ass right?

People need to chill the fuck out.

7. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I didn't say it was the reason why the team played like shit this season. Perhaps you need to learn to read. Calling people "retarded" is juvenile and in and of itself "retarded." We don't need to "chill" either. There is lots wrong with this team. You can drink the Kool-Aid, trust blindly, and stick your head in the sand if you so choose, but the rest of us choose to use our eyes and our brains, thank you.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Pretty solid article actually. Cannot really disagree with anything she said

9. Eaton T. Watts

Eaton T. Watts New Member

it was the worst of times...

10. HardHitta

Mr. Klecko i respect you as a player as you were my fathers favorite, You deserve to be in the hall by the way. An i wasn't directly saying you were a retard just saying a retard type thing.
    Funny how you poked at Rex's fat mouth, like its a real problem. Guys need to block, receivers need to get open and Sanchez needs to play better.
    I understand clearly there's things wrong but it's not Rex talking to hype shit up.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Check out doom n' gloom here.

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Rex and Tanny will not be fired.

However, when Rex is finally fired, he will never get anothe NFL HC position.

He will become the AFC version of Wade Phillips.

13. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Don't worry after the Dirty Birds beat the Giants, the talk shows will be flooded with fire Coughlin calls!

#13 JetsFanatic, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow..a west side story avatar...hadn't seen that movie in 25 years and now it is on all the time..probably because they are reinvestigating Natalie Wood's death.

15. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I don't know who Jen Floyd Engel is
    I dont know how she could possibly have inside info about the Jets
    How could she know, several days after the season, that the Jets will stand pat

This article is just a rehash and is inferior to what many on this board could write, given that we probably have a greater amount of info and insight than Jen Floyd Engel

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

by the time it comes time for rex to move on he will have learnt a lot and will have toned his act down considerably, unless something major were to happen he would certainly get another HC gig somewhere - shit if it was a straight choice between rex and schotty (who is interviewing for HC opportunities) who do you think teams would prefer?

also even a toned down rex is still good to get the fan base going - which is at the end of the day what most owners want to see - other fans may not like rex but he got the fans of this team energized and although everyone is still in rant mode once they calm down they will see how good he has been for this organization

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

i agree with all you are saying but unless brian gets a gig elsewhere it is starting to look worringly like we are going to stay "as is" for next season

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex needs to call his dad and borrow the old man's pair. Take a lesson from Bill Parcells and get tough with the team. YOU CAN NOT BE THEIR BEST BUD AND STILL HAVE TOTAL CONTROL.

Rex will get the team under wraps, but he must admit there were mistakes and as a 1st time coach it happens, ask BB up north about his Cleveland experience. Rex just needs to be more like Parcels, BB up north or TC with Big Blue. It's okay if some of your players don't like you throughout the year, if you get a ring like they did, all is forgiven.

Unless your bringing in Chucky or 'I spit when I talk' Cowher we should stick with Ryan. Speaking of tough love coachs, two right there he can learn from.

We do need changes on the staff and Offensive Line Bill Callahan should not be one. He was given shit players and no depth. Given him a healthy OL and a true right tackle and we will be fine.

Shotty should go, not because of what he did, but more didn't do. He was charge to mold and teach Sanchez, a one year college starter. End result shows Sanchez is just as raw as day one.

Rex needs to step back and stop coaching the Defense or take over DC completely. Right now we have two guys calls deffense plays and it's not working. Defensive Coordinator Mike Pettine either is the guy he brought over to coach the defense or he isn't.

Lastly, bring in someone who actually can play QB to complete with Sanchez or at least can fill in when Samchez gets hurt or benched.

19. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

First off, Rex is never going to tone down his act; it is who he is.

Second, what owner would hire a HC who:

1) Makes outlandish claims that he is unable to back up on the field.

2) Only focuses on one side of the ball. And in today's NFL, that is the wrong side to focus on.

3) Does not have his pulse on the locker room.

Rex would probably make a great DC for any team in the NFL. If he blows his opportunity with the Jets, he will never get another HC job.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of couse he will, Bellishit did didn't he? And he had 0 success his first time around..Ryan had two conference championship games in his first two years. And he still does have a job despite being the cheating rotten scumbag that he is all because he won some big games 7-8 years ago.

#20 Don, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012