On January 5, 2012, Is Mark Sanchez Still Your Quarterback?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jan 5, 2012.

?

Do you still believe in Mark Sanchez?

1. Yes! 2012 will show the world who the real Sanchez is.

78.6%
  2. No. He has had enough chances. He is just not good enoug.

21.4%
  1. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I think that the Jets should stick with Sanchez through the end of his contract, but it's hard to not have serious doubts about his long term potential.

Say what you will about the playcalling or his pass blocking, but Sanchez completely fell apart when the chips were down this year. He played scared, he made rookie mistakes, and he ultimately cost us a playoff spot (not that this flawed team would've done anything with it anyway, but there's no way we would've lost the Denver or @Miami games with remotely competent quarterbacking.)

Right now I see Sanchez as somewhere around the 15th-20th best QB in the league. My concern is that he's never going to progress past that point.

2. jetiron

jetiron New Member

who cares if he will end up being the best Jet QB on statistics - it isn't such a lofty goal considering QBs of the past. He might do well and exceed expectations that are low of him especially if the defense and running game steps up. Then again, you can then have any average QB to do well in the future Jet system if talent is great all around him... but under that system, you might do well with guy like Joe Flacco too or maybe even McElroy. So if Sanchez accepts his average status and not get paid like a top tier QB, and money is spent elsewhere on other areas, yeah, Sanchez and the Jets might do well together.

3. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Nope, not in the slightest.

Sanchez is at least 90% to blame for this season. The guy is a bum and a loser who single-handily lost us at least four-five games alone.

This team is going anywhere next season unless they get Manning or at least a serviceable, league-average QB.

4. mystikol

mystikol New Member

It's past January 5, 2012, and he's still the QB, so...........yes.

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Fuck this. It's a UNIT including coaches they all fucking sucked and noone stepped up and thats whats so sad...

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

After yesterday's article, I bet some of the people who voted no, would switch to yes now and some who voted yes, would switch to no.

7. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Yes he is and on Jan 12 2013 he will be preparing for the divisional round playoff game.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was well past that point just one year ago so he can definitely get past that point again.

9. JaggerJet

JaggerJet New Member

Yes, absolutely Sanchez is still the quarterback.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I hope Marky Mark is taking notes on every article that has bashed him, every radio personality, every tv personality and that he has them saved somewhere special. The motivation that comes from everyone telling you that you suck is like no other motivation. As we have seen he has talent, he is just very inconsistent. Hope he works his ass of this offseason with the rest of the offense and takes the next step that he was supposed to take this season. But, sometimes you need a little adversity to grow as a player.

11. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Can we just forget the 2011 season ever happened? I miss the feeling of cheering at the top of my lungs when Sanchez makes a big play. I know that QB is in there somewhere.. he just needs to be more consistent.

12. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i mean.. what choice do i really have right now.

he's shown me enough to know that somewhere in there is a good qb. whether or not he becomes consistent enough to be that qb over a whole season.. i guess we'll find out next year.