McElroy killing the Jets locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Except that there's something horribly ironic of a player using the public airwaves to criticize the selfishness of his teammates. One would think that if McElroy were so committed to "team" he wouldn't be airing dirty laundry in public like he did. That said, if the people who suffer most because of it are the few selfish ones and McElroy himself, those are acceptable losses in the fumigation process.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I just don't see the downside to what he did. Perhaps I am missing something.

The season is over, there's no doubt there were some problems with some of the players. CHanges will be made, it's a new season in September. By that time how does this hurt the Jets? I just don't see it, and if anything it helps them.

3. Tone sux

Tone sux New Member

This kid should be starting

4. colleen74

colleen74 Member

What an idiotic thing to say. Based on what exactly?? Words he said on a radio show? Hell, I guarantee I could say LOTS of GREAT words on a radio show and I can also guarantee that I should not be the Jet's starting QB.

God this place has gone to shit now that everyone feels like they can just say whatever they want without getting ridiculed.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

care to expand on that thought?

6. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Tone Sux : "No."

:breakdance:

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ha. With a name like that you know he's a hater.

8. Braylon4ever

I'm hater, too but only 'cause of what he recently did....

He's got the talent of a #2 WR but is getting paid #1 Receiver Money and has acted like a kid throwing a tantrum on live TV....

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

.... and you should be trolling.

I guess 50/50 is nto a bad start.

10. Massena

Massena New Member

Yep.... This^^^^^^^^.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The downside is that this has become national news in the sports world that has even incited reactions from players on other teams (e.g. Ryan Clark). Consequently, it has generated a lot of negative publicity for the Jets at a time when that's the last thing they need.

As much as I support players' speaking their minds and confronting problems with good intentions, I'm not so sure the best way to confront your teammates is via radio, which will only lead to widespread negative attention.

If McElroy truly exuded leadership, he would've kept his comments in-house and addressed those specific players privately in the locker room, rather than referencing them with vague anonymity on public radio.

12. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

McElroy became my favorite Jet for telling the truth, having balls to say them and offer so solution and reasonoing behind that great veil we all call the locker room.

I don't have to be on meds, or stupid to see what he said was the truth.

Truth is something that will always come out no matter what or how people try to hide it Truth will always remain.

So whoever called me stupid for respecting the Truth in what McElroy said, needs to take a real hard look in the mirror and find out what are you really, deep inside.

We can all hide behing the keys. I am a Jet fan and I like the Truth.

13. JETFIGHTERS

strngplyr:

honestly can't tell if you're serious or just slow.

edit: Both are a strong possibility.

Why, because he has weboos?

#393 JETFIGHTERS, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  14. JETFIGHTERS

raortega3:

what about a winning record through three years, 2 playoff appearances, 4 playoff victories in 3 years, one being the hated NE Pat's in Foxborough, and 2 appearances in the AFC Championship games isn't indicative of tough or of a leader to you?

You want to put a 7th round draft pick who has only faced 2nd rate defensive talent and schemes, who recently spent an entire year on IR infront of Sanchez?

By any chance are you on any medication?

I want the Jets 2 win and taking a chance on someone else who is not doing their job is Status Quo and rationalizing on insanity. Pick up someone who can do a better job than just getting a check, or wants stats, or is not a leader with balls and the Jets can win. Pick up player who do not whine and complain and just want to win. Guess the Jets don't have those type huh? Who speak their minds and want to win?

McElroy is the only one who come to mind. He wants Sanchezs job, I say let him compete for it and take it. Do you want takers or victims? A quiter is a victim.

Do we continue to watch takers take the SB?

A shake up is in order and any players that can't get with the program should get the hell off the team a soon as possible, but this would be on Rex wouldn't it?

Its all on Rex

#394 JETFIGHTERS, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  15. Braylon4ever

Might as well change that to "Ex-Jet" 'cause I'm not so sure he makes it to Jets TC this year.

How does it help them?

Explain that to me.

As far as "hurt" goes, it hurts McElroy because he might have exposed himself as a tattle-tale(or "snitch", I guess, is the term) to all the other teams out there. And if he gets cut, he might not find any team wanting someone that could turn around and blab everything to the Media when it suits him.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not see the whole interview and I don't know if this was posted anywhere but I found it interesting ----also if this is indeed true it helps give Shotty a pass, something I do not want to do I want him gone.
    here it is

Backup quarterback Greg McElroy told an Alabama radio station Wednesday that trying to fit wide receiver Derrick Mason into the offense set it back, then hurt it even further after Mason was traded.

"Early in the season, we had signed Derrick Mason and we had him for about the first five weeks, give or take," McElroy told 97.3 The Zone. "And we tried to go to like an 11-set, a three wide receiver set, one tight end, one running back, and that's just not the strength of what (Brian) Schottenheimer can call.

"After we kind of cut ties with that experiment, for (Weeks) 2-3, and we were just kind of battling every week from there on out, and I think we never really got in much of a groove. We just never really had much of an offensive identity."

After a Week 4 loss to the Ravens, Mason was publicly critical of the offense. Despite Rex Ryan's prediction that Mason would catch 90 passes, he barely played in the following game against the Patriots was traded to the Texans two days later.

McElroy said Schottenheimer did his best to adapt, but the offense finished ranked 25th in the NFL. The team went 8-8 and did not make the playoffs.

"He's an absolutely tireless worker, he works incredibly hard, but I think next year I think he realizes also we just need to do more from an offensive perspective and kind of develop that mindset and develop what kind of offense we want to be," McElroy said of Schottenheimer, whom Rex Ryan said he expects back.

"You can't just change philosophies midway through the season. I think that hurt us."

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

18. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I don't watch College Football much, and what I do know about this guy now I just found out in the last few minutes after watching an ESPN online video. The last analyst (I forgot his name) said this guy deserves a chance to prove himself despite all that's happened. Is this guy McElroy any good as a QB? I don't remember him much in the preseason, if he played at all. This whole thing got me curious about him, and I'm starting to think this guy might have some fire in him and if he was given a chance, he might surprise us.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Sorry, Holmes already put the laundry out in the public by pouting in the critical moments of the Miami game.

McElroy talked to 100,000 listeners. Holmes quit in front of 15 million viewers.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

There was a reason that Brady was drafted in the 6th round, flynn was drafted in the 7th. Doesn't mean anything. How many 1st overall's have been busts?

You are right, there is nothing to say that McElroy will be a good QB, but there is nothing to say he will be bad either. My guess, if he didn't get hurt, we would have seen him this year.