On January 5, 2012, Is Mark Sanchez Still Your Quarterback?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jan 5, 2012.

?

Do you still believe in Mark Sanchez?

1. Yes! 2012 will show the world who the real Sanchez is.

78.6%
  2. No. He has had enough chances. He is just not good enoug.

21.4%
  1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

And it was BRAYLON who made the Sanchez/Holmes combo actually WORK last year. Don't forget that.

Braylon drew most of the attention, leaving Holmes open almost constantly with one-on-one coverage....

Bringing Edwards back(provided he's healthy) would be the way to go to re-jumpstart this offense again.

2. snipes824

snipes824 Member

i meant *slightly* above average, at best. i've seen flashes of him being pretty good, but i've seen more of him just being flat average. we've won some games with him and i'll give him that, but my overall view of him is that he's not the answer, and at best he is between the 10th-14th best QB in the league.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Bring in a new OC, Fix the line, shore up the running game

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I think that having a full offseason will help Mark as well as getting a good right tackle and a better second wide receiver. People say that the 3rd year for a quarterback is very important but I feel like him not having an offseason and getting new wide receivers really hurt him as well as the offensive line.

I consider going into this season being the most important season for Mark. Hope that he can learn from a lot of the mistakes that he has made by watching film all offseason and learn a lot about himself. Very important offseason. If he becomes the quarterback that we all know that he can be the team will have a good season next year.

Very important offseason here, just know that every team misses the playoffs every once in a while. What is important is to see how the team recovers from this.

:pats_suck:

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but he needs a new Offensive coaching staff.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

2 words Stevie Johnson...get him now.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Yes, but I don't neccesarily agree with either poll option.

Nobody wants to hear it but he had way less time to develop in college than anyone we compare him to. He has at least next season and the year after that before I will entertain the idea that he has hit his peak.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yet the kid still managed to throw 26 TDs. I know I know the receivers were open on most of them so only about 8 and a half counted but I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. Fix the team then ditch the QB if you need to.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The only way I would want him back is if they sign a Matt Forte type running back, take away his ability to change the play at the line and fire Schitty..otherwise dump him and save the 16 million.

10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Why is it that this team has issues and excuses ever year. We were suppose to be the one's to beat in the AFC and here we are not even making the playoffs.
    As much as I hate the Pats, they always find a way to win, been doing that for a decade now.
    You think it's going to be any easier next year? The Bills and the Fins will only get better too.
    THIS SUCKS!! SEASON IS OVER AND WE HAVE TO WAIT 7 MONTHS TO SEE WHAT EXCUSES FOR LOSING NEXT YEAR WILL BE...

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This year's team wasn't good. We were told they were on the verge of greatness, but in fact they were a terrible team. We lost too many key players on and off the field.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's even worse than that..we didn't beat a single team with a winning record this year and everybody will get better..what do we get? Another year of Sanchez and Schitty.

13. njjet

njjet Member

Sanchez seems to be a fine individual. He is an average QB at best. The mistake was moving up in the draft and picking him. We gave up draft choices and got an average guy. How worse off would we be if we pick up Josh Freedman and kept the draft choices? Our biggest problem is giving away draft choices.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Have you followed Josh Freeman at all this year? He was way worse than Sanchez and he has a pretty good team around him as well.

Oh and we only gave up 1 mid 2nd round pick and 3 scrubs for Sanchez

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The Patriots didn't beat a single team with a winning record either.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He's a Quarterback, not Santa Claus. "Belief in him" sounds a bit over the top.

I still think Sanchez might thrive, and can be a top 10 QB. Especially if he is put into an offense that fits his skillset a bit better (throwing on the move, play action) and we get some decent WRs.

I think we should give Sanchez another year, unless a Quarterback that is going to be much more than marginally better than Sanchez becomes available. Mark is still under contract, he doesn't have a bad cap number next year, and the team has big holes in other places we need to fill.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't even believe this is a discussion, we have such a poor fanbase. How many of the fans on here were alive the last time we made back to back title games? I can answer that- ZERO b/c it never happened. Outside of NE and Indy(when their QBs are healthy) every team misses the playoffs now and then- that includes GB w/ Rodgers, NO w/ Brees, Pitt w/ Ben, SD w/ Rivers,... Sanchez took a step back this year and he was awful down the stretch but so was the rest of the team, our QB will be fine. We need to worry about the OL, WR, LB, S, long before we need to worry about the QB.

18. Murrell2878

It's beyond embarrassing at this point. I nearly threw up on my ride home last night listening to Fatcesa and actually having to agree with him. Sanchez was the toast of the town last January and now because he didn't improve at the rate everyone expected him to (despite ALL of the issues that surrounded him) everyone wants to throw him out of town. It's insanely ignorant that people want to get rid of a THIRD year QB that has had a lot of success.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And the three or four people here, and almost NONE of the sports media that want to represent the fact that he plays for an OC that's been bad with a bevy of very good Quarterbacks.

And before the SDF runs in here all guns blazing, remind me again who was the f*ng QB coach in 2003, when the NFL's all time single season passing yardage leader got......Benched?

#79 Hobbes3259, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  20. Murrell2878

That's why I was hoping / begging / praying that Norv Turner was going to get fired. I think Rex would have gone hard to get him here. Oh well.